[Official] F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

So in F.E.A.R., you mean... pretty much the only FPS horror game ;) You are aware mechs were in the first, correct?

Yep, and they disappointed me in that, too. The multiplayer was the only fun part of F.E.A.R. in my opinion.

Just played the demo on my Xbox 360, I actually enjoyed it but the movement felt a bit off, biit too floaty but that just might be me. Might buy it or might wait until its cheaper although it is already at ?29.

Just played the demo and i thought it was pretty good. The original F.E.A.R i enjoyed a lot a few years ago and obviously the sequel does look a little difference but it's not that bad really.

I think this game might be a pick up come release day.

Edited by PiracyX

Amazing! I'm definitely buying the full version once it's released. The graphics and level design are miles ahead of the original.

Mech for me was a slow paced section, probably as I was cautious? Rather than being frantic? To which I would say they have the gameplay down pat, people not used will take things easy, people wanting to rush will do exactly that and it will end up frantic with enemies all over the place.

After talking to Andy (Munky) this afternoon, I find this new demo highly optimised compared to the old FEAR and FEAR Exctraction Point, mainly as I now have a quite high spec rig and the old engine chugs along, less than 25fps for 70% of the time with all maxed and on 1280x1024 :( Whereas the new one is all maxed and 1600x whatever it is and all is fine. No slowdown (though obviously there is not benchmark built into the demo like the original game in order to gauge framerates )

What's with all the mech hate? I loved it. I'm looking forward to piloting it more in the final game. It's a nice change from traditional FPSing.

Change? Definitely a change, over to some boring arcade crap.

On another note, game looks great at everything maxed out. Weapons still need a lot more oomph and the slow motion still looks like ass, huge bullet-trails covering the screen and those 'sharpened' textures, eugh.

On another note, game looks great at everything maxed out. Weapons still need a lot more oomph and the slow motion still looks like ass, huge bullet-trails covering the screen and those 'sharpened' textures, eugh.

The mech portion is in there for two reasons I believe.

1. As a change up to the normal FEAR gameplay and horror scene.

2. As a thank you and "hey we still think of you" to Shogo fans, period.

If Monolith doesn't make a Shogo 2 now after this, I'd actually be disappointed. Up until now I figured it wasn't even thought of over there. But that last dev diary vid had a guy wearing a Shogo shirt, there is a character in FEAR 2 that has a Shogo 2 shirt, and the mech from FEAR 2 is literally straight outta Shogo (minus the HUD naturally) it even shoots off the missles the same way!

The best part of the demo for me was the little things. Like walking in the walkways where the pipes were and hearing something and turning around and freaking Alma is behind you for a second. And that school part with the lockers, that freaked me out big time the first time I played through heh. And those wraiths OMG, they aren't as bad as those things at the end of FEAR, but they are annoying a bit.

I just realized this game runs like crap on my pc.

E8500, 4850 X2....I run it on max settings, and the fps are fine, but the game freezes every 20 seconds for about 1-2 seconds. It just completely lags up and the game freezes, then it unfreezes and returns....

Idk why but it is sure annoying.

And does the game seem fast to anyone else? Just look at the enemy soldiers it's like they run in super speed half the time or something. :p

I just realized this game runs like crap on my pc.

E8500, 4850 X2....I run it on max settings, and the fps are fine, but the game freezes every 20 seconds for about 1-2 seconds. It just completely lags up and the game freezes, then it unfreezes and returns....

Idk why but it is sure annoying.

And does the game seem fast to anyone else? Just look at the enemy soldiers it's like they run in super speed half the time or something. :p

I get these stutters and freezes also. I notice they happen whenever a horror/shock scene is about to happen, or some sort of in-game action event (like the school bell part etc). Not sure why the game does this, maybe it just needs to be optimized or something?

As for the speed, no it seems spot on to me. The only time I thought the soldiers were moving fast was the movie theater part. But that's cuz I was using the sniper rifle like a sub-machine gun :D

Ok just checked again...I thought the soldeirs were running fast because when you go into slomo and then go into normal speed, the soldiers speed up to get back to where they should be...I think.

I agree. Just seems like a back step from FEAR from some reason.

Been playing the original tonight to warm up for the new game, and it hasn't aged well at all :no: Infact, it looks embarassingly bad in places..Why were the gfx ever praised in it!? lol

Can't wait for 2 though :)

I was surprised this played well on my laptop at all. And then I found out it was running at 640x480 hahah. I love it! It still looked good even!

Bizarre.

GO MONOLITH! BTW - To the peeps who think it was consolized or ported, the PC is their lead platform so it's not a port.

Can anyone post demo screenshots? biggrin.gif

Yeah, just made an article on it here.

But you've got to see it in motion really, lots of the special effects can't be noticed in a screenshot.