[Official] F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

Just played the 360 demo, sadly this game has to be played with keyboard/mouse. Whilst it is not terrible on the 360, it seems to be a bit more fiddly and snap on doesn't seem to work. It's 1.1GB smaller in size too, mind you probably own to textures etc?

There also doesnt appear to be an option for rate of fire on the 360 :(

[edit]

to change rate of fire bring the weapon change reticule up, select the weapon then use stick to move the ammo.

[/edit]

Edited by BeLGaRaTh

Demo (and the game) are FREAKING awesome. Blew my expectations away seriously. The demo takes place after you are into the game a bit obviously (you have slo-mo by this time, unless they got rid of that storyline where you are given reflex stuff by surgery or whatever) and man it's some demo. Much longer than the original demo was for the first game though not super long either. Just enough lemme tell you. SPOOKY as hell. Alma shows up from time to time obviously, and at some points it's rather startling. The enviroments are much more complex, with crap exploding and moving everywhere. And you don't have to worry about the same drab office spaces either. AI seems pretty solid as well.

And you get to play in the powered shogo armor!

Agreed! Just played the 360 demo and my expectations were all either met or surpassed -- I thought it looked fun from the videos, and it played amazing! My only complain is a pet peeve of mine: no save anywhere for the 360. It may just be since it's a demo, but I doubt it. Worked with Bioshock and The Orange Box, wish other developers would use it.

Have to say, though... this may be one of the better console FPS games to come along in a longgg time. It just feels like it works. I hope the PC version feels the same.

Downloading the PC demo now to see how that version is. :D

Does anyone have a torrent link? DD is too slow :/

I'll add a Torrent link soon. Has 6 mb at home, so should be rather fast, plus mirrors in sweden will get online online in about 1 hour :) If you can wait that long ?

I'll add a Torrent link soon. Has 6 mb at home, so should be rather fast, plus mirrors in sweden will get online online in about 1 hour :) If you can wait that long ?

I found another link and I've got it almost installed, I'll download and seed, though :p

Can you do your George Bush impression, I heard thats the best one ...

Can you do your George Bush impression, I heard thats the best one ...

/confused

Did you post in the wrong thread or something?

What did you think of the demo Andy? I prefer it on the PC, a lot more precise IMO, but the 360 isn't really that bad control wise, plus it will be cheaper on PC than 360. I have to say I am impressed with the demo.

Awesome I can't wait. Its been awhile since we got an old school type linear shooter. Simply kill and plow ahead. Can't waitavhtp5.jpg

But a 2900xt recommended? Yikes requirements are getting steep! And people thought Crysis was demanding.

It was sadly bound to happen. T_T

Xbox 360 FTW.

The 360 demo is awesome, but while the PC demo is the same, it's a big disappointed. Letterboxing, no save anywhere, lack of mouse interface in the menus, lack of support for over 3 mouse buttons, etc.

I'll be downloading the Ps3 Demo later once I'm off Fallout 3 and the PC has finished downloading some shows I need to catch up on.

I never got round to playing the first one.

Demo (and the game) are FREAKING awesome. Blew my expectations away seriously

My thoughts exactly, was really suprised at how good it is.. pre ordering it now :laugh:

Just played the Demo and sweet jesus! Some of the those moments made me jump to the back of my seat!

If you haven't already played the Demo, try and get a chance - it's 1.8GB but GamersHell is usually good, and it's worth it.

For those who haven't, I'll upload some video clips and screenshots on Saturday.

I'm just glad that it's nothing like Extraction Point and Perseus Mandate, although the bit in the Mechs could have been improved. But hey, it's just a demo, and it's certainly increased my hopes for the real deal.