[Official] F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin

Just played the Demo and sweet jesus! Some of the those moments made me jump to the back of my seat!

Hah, the part where all the lockers swing open in that corridor and when she grabs you as your climbing through that destroyed cinema screen got me :laugh:

Played the PC version earlier... graphics were nice and it played smooth, the background audio was very atmospheric the only thing i didnt like was the gun sounds seem abit poor and the.. i fdont know what its called but the box that goes around the screen like your looking out of a visor.

To keep you wanting more :p It's a demo! :) It was actually fairly long for a new demo, too.

Just FYI, but from what I can tell I think it's actually a mix of 3 or so levels, so probably not an actual level in the game.

I'm still a bit letdown by the shoddyness of the PC version :( I hope Monolith can fix all the issues. It's sad to see so many normal PC developers doing bad port jobs to the PC. I don't mind if a console is a lead platform, but give us the normal features of PC games -- like what Bioshock or Far Cry 2 did.

Wow, I just read the PC version has letterboxing on 16:10 (most widescreens) and 4:3 (any non-widescreen, pretty much). That is beyond lame.

At least it has letterboxing, I HATE Games that just ****ing stretch your screen. and I have a vga lcd so I cant force letterboxing in my graphics options.

I do agree though what makes it incredibly lame is FEAR 1 HAS widescreen support. What the hell are companies thinking now days? It seems the more po;pular widescreen monitors get the less likely moronic game devs exclude widescreen support.

come on ****ing cs:s has proper widescreen, it's ridiculous in this day and age not to in a game.

Well so much for my earlier comment. The previous version that took three hours to download apparently was corrupted. Found an alternate site though and I'm pulling speeds of 900kb/s thankfully.

Edit: That is where I got it from. Seems pretty reputable...

widescreen issue aside, the demo was GREAT. MUCH better level design than the first one, action packed yet way creepier too. and runs smooth as hell on my X2 5600+ and 9600gt on all max settings.

Hmm, definitely different. The fear element is still there (boy did I get goose bumps) but the action/shooting felt off. I don't know it just felt like action/shooting was going insanely fast. Besides that, the blood effects seemed a bit off. How much did the body physics change? I thought I remembered pretty good body physics in the first one, but I wasn't sure. Can anybody help me out with the comparison? What the hell is up with the glowy attacking guys?

I'll be picking it up for sure, but hopefully my mind will change once I get going on the full thing.

I don't know why but this game seems less scary then the first one. I was like just shooting like I do in halo. Also viper you avatar, it just creeps me out.

LMAO I thought it was over ambitious hair at first, but a closer look revealed a bird.. hilarious. Anyway, giving the download a go, hopefully my meager pc specs will be able to run it. I exceed the minimum specs, so I don't think it'll be too bad, I was expecting crappy performance from Tomb Raider Underworld, but the game plays nicely on high and looks good too.. so.. -fingers crossed-

Oh and I can play Crysis on medium.. so.. again.. hopefully it won't be painfully slow.

I thought the first half was more of the same and the second half was stupid. Any game with mechs earns a big FAIL from me.

LMAO I thought it was over ambitious hair at first, but a closer look revealed a bird.. hilarious. Anyway, giving the download a go, hopefully my meager pc specs will be able to run it. I exceed the minimum specs, so I don't think it'll be too bad, I was expecting crappy performance from Tomb Raider Underworld, but the game plays nicely on high and looks good too.. so.. -fingers crossed-

Oh and I can play Crysis on medium.. so.. again.. hopefully it won't be painfully slow.

what's you hardware? if you can play crysis on medium it should be alright. my 9600gt plays the demo with all settings on max with 4xaa and 8xaf fine.

You'll be fine. My laptop played the demo.

@ King: Mechs make a game bad? :rolleyes:

You'll be fine. My laptop played the demo.

@ King: Mechs make a game bad? :rolleyes:

In my opinion, yes. Especially in FPS horror games...