Identifying Yourself As A Lesbian Gets You Banned On XBOX Live

Pajter
Lol, IRL the example was meant for but i see the point you are making. The fact she was stating she was a lesbian was basically telling people i like sex with other women. This is something you dont need to know which is the reason i think she was banned

Not everybody has sex you know.

Thanks for reminding me. >_<

+Dick Montage

Hammond: See, I never knew, and I never cared. Am I shocked? Yes. But not that you're gay - more shocked that we've reached a point now where it doesn't matter, and never did. Except on LIVE it seems...

Lol, see now im offending others with my non gay / gay bashing.

I cant win...Are you all women...Oh wait thats another debate lol.

J/K

Not everybody has sex you know.

Thanks for reminding me. >_<

Richard Hammond
Ok but let me explain that.

I truly am sorry if i offended you with that btw, my intention was not to offend anybody.

The reason i say that they should kiss etc in gay bars is because i would find it offending. If a straight couple kiss i find it offending in the same way. Thats the way i was brought up. I would not bash you for doing so but i would be offended.

My question to you would be do you like offending people? Your answer will be i shouldnt have to worry about offending but my answer would be well...It does.

Not bashing at all. It makes me very uncomfortable to see that going on and therefore is not fair on me just as much as its not fair on you to not do so correct? Gaybars are for this and if i ever went to one (which i did on my stag do) then i would expect to see this going on.

Fair enough i just got the wrong end of the stick. Some people are offended by public displays of affection some people arent and i wouldnt go out of my way to offend someone if i knew but i shouldnt feel that i am forbidden from holding hands or hugging anyone just because you find it offensive, if its you that has the problem with it look away or walk away, i do agree there are limits like full on smooching and being all over each other in public. Straight people dont have to go to "straight" bars just so they can show affection (within reason) for each other so i dont see why gay people should have to go to gay bars.

I guess this is just a point neither of us will agree on so i wont push it any further.

Fair enough i just got the wrong end of the stick. Some people are offended by public displays of affection some people arent and i wouldnt go out of my way to offend someone if i knew but i shouldnt feel that i am forbidden from holding hands or hugging anyone just because you find it offensive, if its you that has the problem with it look away or walk away, i do agree there are limits like full on smooching and being all over each other in public. Straight people dont have to go to "straight" bars just so they can show affection (within reason) for each other so i dont see why gay people should have to go to gay bars.

I guess this is just a point neither of us will agree on so i wont push it any further.

(Y)

That's fair enough.

I APOLOGISE TO ANYBODY WHO WAS OFFENDED WITH WHAT I SAID. NO OFFENCE WAS MEANT. MY OPINION IS JUST STRONG.

Waits for somebody to change strong to wrong ;)

On another note and i really mean this. I will be asking my firends about this to find out if i am actually offending them. If i am then i would surely change my ways. I just hope i am not so i have you guys in this thread to thanks for that.

Maybe my friends just wouldnt like to tell me. If that is the case then i would feel quite bad.

Edited by karma
Brad.
On another note and i really mean this. I will be asking my firends about this to find out if i am actually offending them. If i am then i would surely change my ways. I just hope i am not so i have you guys in this thread to thanks for that.

Sounds good to me :)

Richard Hammond

Maybe my friends just wouldnt like to tell me. If that is the case then i would feel quite bad.

If they found it offensive im sure they would have told you by now.

Lol, i just texed a friend and asked him.

The message he sent back was as follows...He went quite into depth so this may be a long post.........

"Homo!!"

LMAO, so maybe i am not offending them as much but i can still see how my behaviour would offend people who didnt know me.

Panacik
Ok but let me explain that.

I truly am sorry if i offended you with that btw, my intention was not to offend anybody.

The reason i say that they should kiss etc in gay bars is because i would find it offending. If a straight couple kiss i find it offending in the same way. Thats the way i was brought up. I would not bash you for doing so but i would be offended.

My question to you would be do you like offending people? Your answer will be i shouldnt have to worry about offending but my answer would be well...It does.

Not bashing at all. It makes me very uncomfortable to see that going on and therefore is not fair on me just as much as its not fair on you to not do so correct? Gaybars are for this and if i ever went to one (which i did on my stag do) then i would expect to see this going on.

You where doing so well up to the point you mention that gay bars are for doing this.... Then you slammed yourself right back down in to the homophob section again.

If you find kissing at all inapropriate then thats fine, your entitled to that opinion, because its non-biased, however if you find it offensive simply because its a man and man or woman and woman, then you are being ignorant.

However, when you mentioned that gay bars are for this, i realised you where still talking about gay people in a singular sense as opposed to the general population.

Personally I don't think there's more to the story at all and that you're all overanalyzing.

The Xbox Live terms clearly state that:

There's a time and place for everything.

Ah, when you put that, i see we are over analyzing indeed. However, notice that MS are not being biased in their rules, it is a general rule for all people of any race, colour or sexual orientation. In which case she broke the rules which are fair to all. So its her own fault.

However, when you mentioned that gay bars are for this, i realised you where still talking about gay people in a singular sense as opposed to the general population.

I dont understand what you are saying!! Gay bars are for this!!! Or am i entirely wrong there?

Brad.
I dont understand what you are saying!! Gay bars are for this!!! Or am i entirely wrong there?

It's just that you implied that gay bars should be the ONLY place where gay people can express their emotions.

The Canadian
i am 100% against the whole gay community and i am happy to admit that.

I should also note that i do have gay friends btw

That, right there is tu quoque and maks you a hypocrite!

Right ok, Gay people have a right to do as they please, wherever they please but i just made it known that it offends me if in front of me which is fair enough.

I use gaybars as a term as they are built for that purpose.

When i go to the toilet i dont pee up the wall. I pee in the toilet cos thats what it is intended for. Im not saying that they HAVE to do it there and i have peed up a wall many times on the walk home from a nights drinking lol

That, right there is tu quoque and maks you a hypocrite!

OH :s

Mr.ed

Ok...

Im not gay.

My father is not gay.

My mother is not gay.

My best friend is a little gay.

My cousin is really gay.

A female friend is gay, but also like men. So shes BISEXUAL.

And as she, i like to see two girls kiss.

But im not gay!!!!

lol... people will take offense in anything they disagree with.

Mr.Ed

The Canadian
Ok, Example....

We are in the local pub (not a gay bar) and i am not with my gay friends. A fit girl comes in and a frind turns to me and says " phwoar look at her" i reply "phwoar yeah".

We are in the local pub (not a gay bar) and i am with my gay friends. A fit girl comes in and a friend turns to me and nudges toward her and i acknowledge with a wink back.

And yes there is a huge difference. I am against the gay sex but not against the gays.

And yes ok, Back on topic: Yes maybe they removed her as it could cause a conflict and MS are trying desperately to clear any situation up.

I am going to put this out here, I truly think karma has a problem with his sexuality...!

I am going to put this out here, I truly think karma has a problem with his sexuality...!

(Y) Well done for that.

Bet you feel all warm inside now?

The Canadian

I am not gay, nor do I have any gay friends, yes I do talk to them as people when I am at the dog park with my dog.

StrikedOut
This is the reason MS doesnt want anybody stating their preferences and the exact reason she was banned.

Then what is the point of having an 'About me' section? Isnt this the point of this field? I dont think I read anywhere that she had a tag that stated she was gay just that it was in her profile, so what? I am disturbed that M$ decided to ban her because of this IF it is the full story..... Discrimination anyone?

On another M$ story, they over paid people who were made redundant and now want there money back, sod them I say! :D

J.

Brad.
Then what is the point of having an 'About me' section? Isnt this the point of this field? I dont think I read anywhere that she had a tag that stated she was gay just that it was in her profile, so what? I am disturbed that M$ decided to ban her because of this IF it is the full story..... Discrimination anyone?

I agree, mentioned it earlier. The ''About me'' section is there to describe points about you. So meh.

They have to be careful about what they allow. Friends can get added by any age people who may get offended by certain things so they have to be on guard. Especially with the news reports about people using it for sexual purposes such as paedophiles etc.

I think to stay safe keep it clean.

Laura

Telling anybody what your sexual preferences are is offensive regardless of being straight or gay.

Why?

Yes I would be offended. I can't help my feelings towards this and I am entitled to my opinion.

I do curb myself by not shouting out i like sex with women. And for the record i do not hate the gay community. I disagree with being gay. There is a HUGE difference.

You have complete control over how you feel. What you need to do is think about it more carefully and logically. At the moment it seems like you are just giving a knee jerk "euww" reaction.

Also, you can't disagree with being gay. Do you disagree with the colour of the sky or the fact that you grow hair?

They funny thing is..You guys have spent the last however many posts bashing me for not agreeing with being gay. My sexual preference is straight so you are discriminating against me in the same way that you say i am discriminating against gays.

Your sexual preference is not undermined in any way by gay people or treating them decently or even letting them have an orgy in your living room. If you are straight, that will not change unless you want it to. If you did allow a gay orgy in your living room there is no rule to state you can't then go and have straight sex somewhere ...!

Meh, i think there is more to the story than her simply putting that. She may have been using it as a mechanism for trying to control others, by saying they are being discriminative when they play the game and shoot her, just because she sucks at the game :p

So, you think women are automatically crap at games and you think gay people all want to get at and control people.

:|

While your theory could be true, it could be all wrong.

I also suspect there is more to this story than she is letting on, but I was thinking along the lines of MS asking her to change her profile and her not doing so.

Thats the thing..They dont do it to stand up to people like "me" they do it to shout out that they are gay. Thats what gay people do. If you are gay then fine be gay. I dont need to know if you are or not.

You think all gay people are the same? Wow.

Personally, I know attention ###### who are gay and straight and I know quiet, unassuming people, gay and straight.

When you see a gay person making a deal of it, he or she might come under the attention ###### category, but it might also be a reaction to an entire lifetime of discrimination and being made to feel rubbish. Whatever the cause, they are not representative of all gay people.

(Y)

That's fair enough.

I APOLOGISE TO ANYBODY WHO WAS OFFENDED WITH WHAT I SAID. NO OFFENCE WAS MEANT. MY OPINION IS JUST STRONG.

Waits for somebody to change strong to wrong ;)

I think you need to chill out a bit, and think more carefully about what you type to make sure it comes across how you meant it.. :)

Ahh didnt you know? Were off that topic now mate.

That's what you get for turning up to class late ;)

J/K btw

shakey_snake
You have complete control over how you feel.

Nah, gay-bashing is determined by genetics. Or how brain chemicals are mixed in the womb.

How he feels is completely natural. Who are you to try and lecture him on it?

Richard Hammond

No ones bashing him for not liking gay people, its just some of the things he said thats all, nice try at trolling though.

Green_Eye
I forgot it was possible to make out with people over Xbox Live.

Damn I've been missing out.

Here's your first make out session :p

fat-ugly-goth.jpg

Enjoy (Y)