Identifying Yourself As A Lesbian Gets You Banned On XBOX Live

Panacik
I dont understand what you are saying!! Gay bars are for this!!! Or am i entirely wrong there?

Are they really? I thought they where made so that gay people could go and act like the other normal people, without being scrutanised by people such as yourself.

Thats like saying pubs and clubs where made for people to go and kiss and cuddle, but you already said you dont do that...

Right ok, Gay people have a right to do as they please, wherever they please but i just made it known that it offends me if in front of me which is fair enough.

I use gaybars as a term as they are built for that purpose.

When i go to the toilet i dont pee up the wall. I pee in the toilet cos thats what it is intended for. Im not saying that they HAVE to do it there and i have peed up a wall many times on the walk home from a nights drinking lol

OH :s

Again, they where built for gay people to get away from people like you, although they openly accept and allow straight people in their pubs, so long as you leave your bias outside. So who is wrong there?

Your comment on peeing in a toilet has nothing to do with the thread :s

I am going to put this out here, I truly think karma has a problem with his sexuality...!

Lol :rofl:

So, you think women are automatically crap at games and you think gay people all want to get at and control people.

:|

While your theory could be true, it could be all wrong.

I also suspect there is more to this story than she is letting on, but I was thinking along the lines of MS asking her to change her profile and her not doing so.

Lol. I like what you did there :p

Nope, not just women, im just going by her comment that people "chased her on the maps", that she didnt have the skills to turn around and shot the buggers down instead of running. Her idea of being chased, could simply be that she was not as skilled as those people at playing the game, so she chose to run instead of fight...

Your comment on gay people in general wanting control was taken out of context. I was trying to say that she was using it as an excuse, because she disliked the fact she was banned for some other reason other than her sexuality.

+Audioboxer
Here's your first make out session :p

fat-ugly-goth.jpg

Enjoy (Y)

More like

[link snipped]

[NSFW]

Edited by John S.
image inappropriate for the public forums
+Audioboxer

^

You quoted it again :laugh:

I doubt visiting topics to do with games and lesbians is the thing to be doing in work anyway, but okay, I'll remove it.

hdood

Gay bars exist so that people who are gay can freely hit on people without too big a risk of getting punched in the face. Everyone there is fair game. That's all. In a regular bar it would be much more difficult since most people there wouldn't even be gay.

It's not to segregate them so you don't have to watch them kiss in public.

Gay bars exist so that people who are gay can freely hit on people without too big a risk of getting punched in the face. Everyone there is fair game. That's all. In a regular bar it would be much more difficult since most people there wouldn't even be gay.

It's not to segregate them so you don't have to watch them kiss in public.

Thats what they want you to think.

Before you know it bam we have been taken over by mutant gays hell bent on adding the fact to their gamer profiles. Don't fall into the trap keep XBL clean :ninja:

Sethos

Lesbians - Two carpets, for the price of one (Y)

We've seen this a few times now, Microsoft banning / suspending accounts where people express their ways in terms of sexuality.

Gaius

Will Neowin ban a guy if they post as "Super Duper Gay Dude" or a girl if they post as "Gamer Dyke"?

Just wondering.

Will Neowin ban a guy if they post as "Super Duper Gay Dude" or a girl if they post as "Gamer Dyke"?

Just wondering.

Thats actually a good point!! If MS follow them guidelines are they their own or are they following legalities and in which case do Neowin also have to follow them?

Panacik
^

You quoted it again :laugh:

I doubt visiting topics to do with games and lesbians is the thing to be doing in work anyway, but okay, I'll remove it.

Lol, yeah i kind of thought that after i quoted it :laugh:

Its not that busy today, so i had time to post :p

Just wondering.

Thats actually a good point!! If MS follow them guidelines are they their own or are they following legalities and in which case do Neowin also have to follow them?

Nah, i dont think Neowin would. They are open with things like that.

Ricardo Gil

I read banged :laugh:

Waylander
They have to be careful about what they allow. Friends can get added by any age people who may get offended by certain things so they have to be on guard. Especially with the news reports about people using it for sexual purposes such as paedophiles etc.

I think to stay safe keep it clean.

so what, presumably you have played a voice enabled game on live and know that there is massive levels of racism and homophobia that microsoft dont do a thing about, far worse than someone saying there a dyke in there profile.

they should have either edited the profile themselves or told her to do it but then there isnt a chance she would resubscribe, just like that guy they forced to pay 800mspoints cos they didnt like his name, they are a bunch of nickel and diming *******

Sillysam

Come On, people just need to get over them selves they are not special or better than any one else who cares if you are gay. They deserve no special treatment, nor do they deserve to be treated like all sane people..

so what, presumably you have played a voice enabled game on live and know that there is massive levels of racism and homophobia that microsoft dont do a thing about, far worse than someone saying there a dyke in there profile.

they should have either edited the profile themselves or told her to do it but then there isnt a chance she would resubscribe, just like that guy they forced to pay 800mspoints cos they didnt like his name, they are a bunch of nickel and diming *******

Sure, This goes on in pretty much every game i play as of late but that doesnt mean a thing. MS have their policies and they are sticking to them. Thats was hard evidence being written on the profile where ingame convo cant always be monitored.

hjf288
Im not talking about your friends. Im talking about the general gay population.

I have a few gay and lesbian friends, and you know what... it does not bother me one bit. THey go out with me for a night drinking and kiss each other etc and i could care less. If i am aloud to do it as a straight person, then why should they be any different.

You live in the UK mate, not some backward community who think its the devils work to be gay or lesbian!

Its almost like saying you want black people to paint themselves white because it offends you to see a black man doing a white persons work!

Backwards?

Sexual relations between members of the same sex is classed as sexual harassment whether its consentual or not and punishable by 1 year of jail time.

But whos one of the electronics companies in the world varying from optoelectronics, memory, lcd panels? Bang Samsung.. ROK is hardly a backwards community/society

With a technological and distinct infrastructure compared to the UK..

Gay content on the internet is also prohibited within the country.

Roadrunna

To be honest, making your sexuality public knowledge both online and in a gaming environment is just asking for trouble particularly where children/teenagers/immature adults hang out because they pick on anything that marks you as different to them whether it's disabilities, sexuality, nationality or colourty.

leesmithg
Here's your first make out session :p

fat-ugly-goth.jpg

Enjoy (Y)

Please don't post a picture of your mum on neowin, it's offensive.

I see a lot of hang-ups here a bout homosexuality.

Take this test here, I am sure it got posted before and see if you are homosexual also.

Post your results so we too can judge you.

When a homosexual or Islamic issue is posted here it makes peoples blood boil.

I wonder if they are connected, maybe, maybe not.

I took the test and my results are below.

post-66351-1235654545_thumb.png

Ricardo Gil
When a homosexual or Islamic issue is posted here it makes peoples blood boil.

I wonder if they are connected, maybe, maybe not.

So now you're relating homosexuality with Islam? This isn't gonna end well :|

Brad.
Please don't post a picture of your mum on neowin, it's offensive.

I see a lot of hang-ups here a bout homosexuality.

Take this test here, I am sure it got posted before and see if you are homosexual also.

Post your results so we too can judge you.

30% here :rofl:

I always said I was 30/70 aswell :s

Panacik
Come On, people just need to get over them selves they are not special or better than any one else who cares if you are gay. They deserve no special treatment, nor do they deserve to be treated like all sane people..

Sorry, are you saying that homosexuals are insane?

Backwards?

Sexual relations between members of the same sex is classed as sexual harassment whether its consentual or not and punishable by 1 year of jail time.

But whos one of the electronics companies in the world varying from optoelectronics, memory, lcd panels? Bang Samsung.. ROK is hardly a backwards community/society

With a technological and distinct infrastructure compared to the UK..

Gay content on the internet is also prohibited within the country.

Do you have a source to your claim that sex with the same sex, even when its consentual? I have never heard of a law so stupid. In fact this is the first time i heard of this law in the UK. If it is and you can back up with a source, then fair play, but i dont believe this to be true.

Im not sure what you said about electronics or how it fits in to this thread? Also, gay content is prohibited on the internet in the UK? Then Neowin is breaking the law! I mean, look at the ad's at the bottom of this very thread! ;)

EDIT: Bah, the advert for gay friends is not showing any more, however it might return in this thread...

I didnt wanna try it for obvious reasons but curiosity killed the karma and i must report that i am apparently 40% gay.

I reckon 39% of that was cos i dont do DIY :p

BajiRav

Couple of questions: How did people "chase her around games"? AFAIK matchmaking will take care of that.

And as it has been pointed out repeatedly in the past, Xbox Live is for games not for making out with people. The TOS clearly state what is not allowed.

Already we have problems with sexual predators and such. It's better to keep this crap off.

WyldPhoenix

So the following gamer tags are a no-no:

StraightEddy

&

Gaydor

Kewl!

-Hiroshi-

She can probably sue Microsoft for sexual orientation discrimination, it wasn't in Microsoft's place to decide whether or not she's allowed to show that she was a lesbian.

hjf288
Sorry, are you saying that homosexuals are insane?

Do you have a source to your claim that sex with the same sex, even when its consentual? I have never heard of a law so stupid. In fact this is the first time i heard of this law in the UK. If it is and you can back up with a source, then fair play, but i dont believe this to be true.

Im not sure what you said about electronics or how it fits in to this thread? Also, gay content is prohibited on the internet in the UK? Then Neowin is breaking the law! I mean, look at the ad's at the bottom of this very thread! ;)

EDIT: Bah, the advert for gay friends is not showing any more, however it might return in this thread...

Read it Properly.. ROK is not the UK.. nor on the same side of the world. Nor is Samsung founded in the UK

It was meant to illustrate that not all countries are as tolerant of homosexual relations as others and the fact that the ROK is infact a live enabled region, which means that Microsoft is preventing offense..

Panacik
She can probably sue Microsoft for sexual orientation discrimination, it wasn't in Microsoft's place to decide whether or not she's allowed to show that she was a lesbian.

We already discovered that in MS's TOS it states that it is against the rules to put information such as this in profiles etc. Not due to the fact they dont like gay people, but so as not to stir up trouble with those from other countries where homosexuality is not so accepted.

She has no grounds to sue MS at all, they acted legally and in the best interests of their over all member base.

Read it Properly.. ROK is not the UK.. nor on the same side of the world. Nor is Samsung founded in the UK

It was meant to illustrate that not all countries are as tolerant of homosexual relations as others and the fact that the ROK is infact a live enabled region, which means that Microsoft is preventing offense..

Oh i see. Then your comment was not actually aimed at me, because i agree with what MS has done, as it states in the TOS that she was breaking the rules by putting that there.

Sorry mate, i just re-read your last comment and still couldnt understand it properly. However the above quote cleared it up.

Note, that i already said in the thread that homosexuality is not accepted in other countries. However, as one guy was being bias about the whole gay idea and he was from the UK, we where discussing that as opposed to the original topic...