Identifying Yourself As A Lesbian Gets You Banned On XBOX Live

That's not the point.

Look at it this way: why would anyone need to divulge this information in a game? What's the point of telling anyone their sexuality, race, etc.?

Exactly, and this is the problem with most minority groups these days, they try to be so "in your face" with their views that it's just sickening. I don't personally care if you're gay/lesbian, just don't remind me of it every 10 seconds.

No, they are not being "in your face" any more than a sports fan could have their team name in their username.

I'm pretty sure there's a difference between someone's sexuality and race and their favorite sports team. But hey, that's just me :p

I'm not flaming you but it is Microsoft's right to pretty much ban any member on Xbox Live if they seem/are disrupting players. As I've mentioned earlier, I don't see a problem with it. It's Microsoft's service and they do have the right to ban whoever.

I believe it's called a protest. I don't have an Xbox, but if there's any way to change my GamerTag profile I'll do it.

No, they are not being "in your face" any more than a sports fan could have their team name in their username.

Stating you're a fan of a sports team is fine, but flaunting your sexual preference in front of everyone is just stupid.

She wasn't banned for being a lesbian. She was banned for violating the Xbox Live TOS. End of argument.

"You don't have to sit in the back of the bus because you're black, it's just a rule. End of argument."

Chris123NT: Then don't ever mention you're straight. (If you are.) ;)

"You don't have to sit in the back of the bus because you're black, it's just a rule. End of argument."

She isn't being put in the back of the bus or any special place in the bus, she can sit anywhere she wants in the bus like everyone else.

she just can't sit in the bus screaming "I'M A LESBIAN!" all the time.

Kushan....this is just stupid. :p

The problem with your argument is, she was expected to ride the bus just like all other people. She wasn't treated differently until she decided to make big fuss about her sexuality.

Honestly, we only know one side of the story. She might have been banned for all the legitimate reasons.

She isn't being put in the back of the bus or any special place in the bus, she can sit anywhere she wants in the bus like everyone else.

Why not? It's not illegal, and it's not offensive to me to state your preference. Should she not be allowed to tell you she's gay if you hit on her?

http://live.xbox.com/member/SCGreyWolf

"Proud gay gamer and Microsoft supporter."

She wasn't banned for being a lesbian. She was banned for violating the Xbox Live TOS. End of argument.

Only thing I can see in the TOS related to this is being banned for having any thing related to sexual content. Is saying you're gay/lesbian REALLY sexual content? Or did she say it to stop the many perverts on xbox live who hit on female gamers?

+1 Exactly, she violated the TOS, as we used to say in the army, DONT ASK DONT TELL, and STFU if they ask you about your sexual preference.

Even though we have men have a lot in common with lesbians; I mean who does not love women ^_^. I personally don't plan to add it to my gamer tag.

But as others have said. You Go Girl.

Why not? It's not illegal, and it's not offensive to me to state your preference. Should she not be allowed to tell you she's gay if you hit on her?

http://live.xbox.com/member/SCGreyWolf

"Proud gay gamer and Microsoft supporter."

It may not be illegal or offensive to you, but it clearly violates the XBL TOS which you willingly agree to adhere to when you register an account.

It's a shame, but rules are rules whether you agree with them or not.

Only thing I can see in the TOS related to this is being banned for having any thing related to sexual content. Is saying you're gay/lesbian REALLY sexual content? Or did she say it to stop the many perverts on xbox live who hit on female gamers?
In addition, your use of the Service is subject to your compliance with the Code of Conduct (www.xbox.com/en-us/live/codeofconduct.htm and its successors). You agree that we may also discontinue your access to the Service if you do any of the following while connected to the Service:

Create a Gamertag , avatar or use text in other profile fields that may offend other members. This includes comments that look, sound like, stand for, hint at, abbreviate, or insinuate or relate to any of the following: profane words/phrases, topics or content of a sexual nature, hate speech (including but not limited to racial, ethnic, or religious slurs), illegal drugs/controlled substances, or illegal activities;

Taken from: Xbox.com

Sexual Content includes sexual orientation, but I just wanted to inlcude the actual wording just for the sake of it.

Wow, I wasn't expecting such a response from such a silly idea lol

Then again, I DID put the word "lesbian" in the title of a thread on a mostly-teenage, mostly-male forum...

People found lesbians offensive? Isn't that almost every guys fantasy? They need better regulations than this.

People found lesbians offensive? Isn't that almost every guys fantasy? They need better regulations than this.

no :p lesbians dont do guys :D

anyway microsoft should remove that selection field at all. the conflict will be solved very easily this way.