Windows 7 Build 7032/Build 7048 64bit leaked?

Can I be the first (of many) to ask how one would turn a folder full of installation files into a bootable DVD? Many people are going to want to try a clean installation of this build.

Put it on an external USB device like a Memory Stick or an External HDD i do this for Vista and 7 you dont need a boot file either.

For those wondering how to make this leaked version bootable simply replace \Sources\install.wim on the ISO for build 7000 with the install.wim file from the leaked copy. Then use this modified iso to install windows.

Using WinPE with imagex could apply the wim image but then again if you know how to do that I guess you would have figured it our for yourself + if you don't have it the WAIK to create a WinPE cd is 1.3GB.

Let the torrent complete and you will have the contents of Win7 build 7048 x64 DVD.

It's not hard to make it a bootable ISO. Get your hands on a copy of WinISO, MajicISO, or UltraISO. Load the Windows 7 build 7000 or 7022 x64 ISO file, delete the files in the ISO and copy in the files from 7048 x64 (torrent download), save the new ISO with a different name. Now you have a bootable ISO of build 7048 x64!!

The ISO file you save should display as "Bootable UDF" which means it includes the boot image from the original 7000 or 7022 ISO. Burn to DVD and install. Keys from the public beta of 7000 should work.

Edited by wguimb

Slowed to a crawl at 60.6%. Can't wait for this to finish. NIS 2009 didn't work at all in 7022. Confirmed to be working in 7048.

thanks for the tip. it was really frustrating getting BSoD (tcpip.sys) error while installing NIS 2009 in 7022.

Let the torrent complete and you will have the contents of Win7 build 7048 x64 DVD.

It's not hard to make it a bootable ISO. Get your hands on a copy of WinISO, MajicISO, or UltraISO. Load the Windows 7 build 7000 or 7022 x64 ISO file, delete the files in the ISO and copy in the files from 7048 x64 (torrent download), save the new ISO with a different name. Now you have a bootable ISO of build 7048 x64!!

The ISO file you save should display as "Bootable UDF" which means it includes the boot image from the original 7000 or 7022 ISO. Burn to DVD and install. Keys from the public beta of 7000 should work.

That's the route I was going to go for to avoid unnecessary complications. Thanks for the advice everyone.

I was asking for everybody, not just myself. Let's face it, until an ISO of this build becomes available this question will be asked again and again!

do you want a cookie? stop complaining... i uploaded 75gb of 7022 version before i got it down, i currently already uploaded for 24gb of 7048 version and im on 48%... do you see me complain? people like you makes me sick :< be happy that it seems we finaly got some reliable leak source, i rather wait a day and get new build, then wait for months and get nothing at all...

u upped 75gb 7022 b4 u got it down? see thats not normal, thats pervert and not the sense of it. if i want to DOWNLOAD something, i mean downloading. okay, uploading a few mb's here and there i wouldnt mind (and b4 u start another battle, i hav flatrate, so no problem that way) but wheres the sense of uploading way more than downloading it and wayting hours, days and weeks before a download finishes?

dunno why every1 loves torrents so much. they always sucked, always will. rapidshare, megaupload, etc. these 1 click file hosters are so much better. u can DOWNLOAD from there, and they are fast and reliable.

But unless you pay a subscription fee you are capped, cant use download managers, can only download a set amount before you have to wait.

The whole point of torrents is sharing not just being greedy and downloading what you want without uploading anything in return.

But unless you pay a subscription fee you are capped, cant use download managers, can only download a set amount before you have to wait.

The whole point of torrents is sharing not just being greedy and downloading what you want without uploading anything in return.

LOL so true! I guess mclaren is just living in his own little piny tiny world!

I hope this build runs better with iTunes. 7022 is just terrible.

Apple needs to up their game with iTunes on Windows. Native UI, take advantage of Aero UI Acceleration, the Windows 7 Libraries, as well as Taskbar Previews, Jumplists etc.

Apple needs to up their game with iTunes on Windows. Native UI, take advantage of Aero UI Acceleration, the Windows 7 Libraries, as well as Taskbar Previews, Jumplists etc.

I wouldn't hold my breath. Even QuickTime on Windows is becoming irrelevant.

You can just load the 7000/7022 build, delete the .wim file in that iso and replace it with the one you are currently downloading. Burn it and be happy.

You can just load the 7000/7022 build, delete the .wim file in that iso and replace it with the one you are currently downloading. Burn it and be happy.

Ah...good to know thanks. Can I use one of the Beta keys to activate 7048 or am I stuck with a 30-day trial?

Ah...good to know thanks. Can I use one of the Beta keys to activate 7048 or am I stuck with a 30-day trial?

I activated 7022 last night without a problem using the public beta keys.

Sucks I upgraded to 7022 and the next day 7048 comes out.

i'm at 65,8% now and speed is terribly slow. All of the files have downloaded full except install.wim and boot.wim

lol same here.. exactly 65.8 and speed down to 0.1 KB/s..