Windows 7 Build 7032/Build 7048 64bit leaked?

In a conference call yesterday with MS, they were saying that build 7050 was being tested. I doubt they are higher than 7051 today.

Thanks for the heads up :)

68.7% done... getting there.

Will try that method outlined before, using MagicISO, copying the contents of this download into the 7022 x64 ISO. Sounds like it would work, but I have no idea why the leaker unpacked it.

I'm just going to run the setup file as is without creating an ISO to mount or burn a dvd. Can't get simpler than that. Basically the current 7000 x64 partition will be overwritten and moved to windows.old, which can be deleted by running disk cleanup.

The uploader did the same thing, which is why he might have unpacked it. Who knows. At best we could have checked the MD5 of the ISO to verify it, but not a big deal.

So I can just copy the files on a mem stick and boot up with the mem stick and do a fresh install from that? No need for bootfiles etc.?

Yep, as long as the stick is properly formatted, you will be able to boot and install from it.

Yep, as long as the stick is properly formatted, you will be able to boot and install from it.

I just right clicked it and chose format(quick). That should do it right, or do I need to format it in ntsf?

Is it possible to Upgrade build 7000 to 7048 or to do a repair/reinstall which would keep my settings and applications in tact. I know Microsoft said they would allow upgrades with the RC and the Retail so there could be a smooth transition from beta to final without having to reinstall XP or Vista.

I don't think I could stand going back to vista, and some of the "Quirks" of build 7000 are starting to bother me. As a designer, I appreciate the changes build 7022 and 7048 brought over 7000 UI wise...

I just right clicked it and chose format(quick). That should do it right, or do I need to format it in ntsf?

Don't use NTFS on a memory stick :)

(That said, i don't know if it would or would not work with NTFS; but generally Fat32 or exFat is preferred on memory sticks due to the large overhead due to NTFS)

Is it possible to Upgrade build 7000 to 7048 or to do a repair/reinstall which would keep my settings and applications in tact. I know Microsoft said they would allow upgrades with the RC and the Retail so there could be a smooth transition from beta to final without having to reinstall XP or Vista.

I don't think I could stand going back to vista, and some of the "Quirks" of build 7000 are starting to bother me. As a designer, I appreciate the changes build 7022 and 7048 brought over 7000 UI wise...

I'm not done downloading yet, but i can successfully start the installer, and the "Upgrade" button isn't greyed out as one would expect, whether or not it actually works, or it works as it should do, i don't know.

You need to make the partition active

Check out these instruction for Vista

http://kurtsh.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!...!1665.entry

just use: list disk

to make sure you select the right disk (i guess you know what can happen if you format the wrong one)

Also, before you start copying, make sure the device is set to Better Performance in Device Manager (or else copying will take forever). Just remember to safely remove.

I know I'll be rebuilding the ISO even though the "upgrade" method looks simple enough. I may be adding more of a hassle to the process but I trust a clean install from a disk more than an upgrade.

I know I'll be rebuilding the ISO even though the "upgrade" method looks simple enough. I may be adding more of a hassle to the process but I trust a clean install from a disk more than an upgrade.

What program do you recommend for doing just that?

What program do you recommend for doing just that?

MagicISO or CDImage would do the job nicely. Here's a step by step guide on how to make a bootable Vista DVD with CDImage but it should work with Windows 7.

1. Put the three files (the .WIMs and the .exe) in the same folder or directory. Let?s make the example that the three files all in the C:\ root.

2. Run the .EXE file. A new folder named Vista will be created and it will contain a lot of files. These are the setup files.

3. Exit from the install Windows screen.

4. Download CDimage and install it.

5. Click start on your desktop, open Run and type ?cmd?. A command prompt shell will appear.

6. Type: cdimage.exe -lVISTA_EN_DVD -m -u2 -bC:\Vista\boot\etfsboot.com C:\Vista\ C:\Vistax86.iso.

A bootable Windows Vista x86 DVD ISO image will be created as vistax86.iso in C:\.

7. Burn the ISO image by using a burning software such as Nero. To avoid any error make sure to burn at a 2X or 4X speed.

MagicISO or CDImage would do the job nicely. Here's a step by step guide on how to make a bootable Vista DVD with CDImage but it should work with Windows 7.

1. Put the three files (the .WIMs and the .exe) in the same folder or directory. Let?s make the example that the three files all in the C:\ root.

2. Run the .EXE file. A new folder named Vista will be created and it will contain a lot of files. These are the setup files.

3. Exit from the install Windows screen.

4. Download CDimage and install it.

5. Click start on your desktop, open Run and type ?cmd?. A command prompt shell will appear.

6. Type: cdimage.exe -lVISTA_EN_DVD -m -u2 -bC:\Vista\boot\etfsboot.com C:\Vista\ C:\Vistax86.iso.

A bootable Windows Vista x86 DVD ISO image will be created as vistax86.iso in C:\.

7. Burn the ISO image by using a burning software such as Nero. To avoid any error make sure to burn at a 2X or 4X speed.

Awesome t:Dnks :D

Me thinks this 7048 build is real but tampered with to install malicious code. No iso and install.wim must have been modified to inject some non-Microsoft code...

Then just wait until 10th April for the Official RC public build from microsoft site lol

Me thinks this 7048 build is real but tampered with to install malicious code. No iso and install.wim must have been modified to inject some non-Microsoft code...

You're wrong. Stop spreading malicious rumors. :no:

@scratch42069

It's not hard to make it a bootable ISO. Get your hands on a copy of WinISO, MajicISO, or UltraISO. Load the Windows 7 build 7000 or 7022 x64 ISO file, delete the files in the ISO and copy in the files from 7048 x64 (torrent download), save the new ISO with a different name. Now you have a bootable ISO of build 7048 x64!!

The ISO file you save should display as "Bootable UDF" which means it includes the boot image from the original 7000 or 7022 ISO. Burn to DVD and install. Keys from the public beta of 7000 should work.

You're wrong. Stop spreading malicious rumors. :no:

Me thinks I have the right to voice my opinion and concerns... :cry: During the Vista beta 4 years ago, similar leaks caused disasters...

Me thinks I have the right to voice my opinion and concerns... :cry: During the Vista beta 4 years ago, similar leaks caused disasters...

What are you on about? There was never any dodgy builds.

What are you on about? There was never any dodgy builds.

I don't recall any dodgy builds. Only builds that had been re-built to make them fake were released.

Why, o why , o why did he have to uncompress (or whatever its called) this iso : (.