Windows 7 Build 7057 x86

Folks, its a 200% fake

the real 7063 looks like:

6.1.7063.0.winmain.090313-1842

This information I've got from our russian site http://wzor.net/

That differs by only one hour...

and what's the "x86fre" bit for?

Also there's a space between 6. and 1. "6. 1" looks weird. Oops: never mind. Just looks larger with Segoe UI vs MS Sans Serif.

and what's the "x86fre" bit for?

That bit is on all of Winver

This is my Windows 7 7057

seven.jpg

I am getting this in the Event Log for build 7057.

Event 7045 Service Control Manager

A service was installed in the system.

Service Name: INSTB32

Service File Name: C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\INSTB32.SYS

Service Type: kernel mode driver

Service Start Type: demand start

Service Account:

It started logging Saturday 3/14/2009 and re-occurs at random times. I have searched the internet but no real information is conclusive. The above file does not exist on my system. Avira and Defender did not detect it as harmful, if it ever was there. The only thing I installed just prior to when the error started was the new Adobe Reader v9.1. FYI.

Is this a rootkit: INSTB32? http://www.techsupportforum.com/security-c...ssible-f-p.html

Probably from a tampered-with 7057 iso downloaded via torrents. It starts dormant, it appears, then seems to activate itself after some days and installs itself in stealth as you are reporting.

What is the best Antivirus software to use with build 7057?

I was using Nod32 but have encountered problems where it slows down the whole system.

@ wayneunique

No issues with avast home edition on my end. Works just as well in 7 (7057) as it did in Vista for me.

What is the best Antivirus software to use with build 7057?

I was using Nod32 but have encountered problems where it slows down the whole system.

I was using Nod32 for about a couple of weeks(just testing it out), then just today i went back to Kaspersky which i have been using for more than a year :)

Oh BTW, get this one. There actually is a newer one, which is 8.0.0.1071, but Kaspersky seemed to have pulled it down, which i have no idea why. I got 8.0.0.1071 from a torrent :)

I was using Nod32 for about a couple of weeks (just testing it out), then just today i went back to Kaspersky which i have been using for more than a year :)

Oh BTW, get this one. There actually is a newer one, which is 8.0.0.1071, but Kaspersky seemed to have pulled it down, which i have no idea why. I got 8.0.0.1071 from a torrent :)

Build 1071 has a fixed expiration of two days ago. However, you can use the key from their forums, which I also posted here, for another three months of use.

Build 1071 has a fixed expiration of two days ago. However, you can use the key from their forums, which I also posted here, for another three months of use.

Yup i noticed that earlier, that's what persuaded me to go back to Kaspersky, thanks for the key. :)

I sent my 7057 x32 uxtheme files to rafael and he has now patched them and uploaded to his website Link

Use these and replace with this theme i found over at devaintart.

Makes for a better default non-aero look imo

:)

edit...damn..:( this theme doesent work on 7057....it applies just find but everytime you try to open any kind of explorer process or window it simply closes

Edited by Windows7even

for some reason wordpad keeps crashing after I close it in 7057. dunno if the same thing happened in earlier builds becuase I don't use wordpad that much.

Everytime I start up, I get a notepad that says

[.ShellClassInfo]

LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21787

Anyone to fix this?

Edited by JustinTime

Thx, will check that out. Also having major issues with WL Mail. It says my contacts didn't load, and WL Mail is incorrectly configured to please reinstall. Well I have, twice and still same issue. Anyway to just delete the emails/database?

Thx, will check that out. Also having major issues with WL Mail. It says my contacts didn't load, and WL Mail is incorrectly configured to please reinstall. Well I have, twice and still same issue. Anyway to just delete the emails/database?

Browse to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft and delete the Windows Live Contacts folder

Browse to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft and delete the Windows Live Contacts folder

Thx so much Rage, you've been a great help. Thx again!

Unfortunately now backup issues, when I try to backup, I get this:

backup.jpg

I reformatted the drive and that didn't do anything. Thx.

Does anyone know? I just really need to back-up in the event of a crash. Is this a 7057 issue? Thx

i cent get my scanner (canon lide 30) to work with windows 7. the strange thing is that win7 recognizes it and the scanner is also listed on "scanner and cameras" in the control panel. but it wont work.

the button "import from scanner or camera" under windows paint is blank, same with paint.net.

xnview gives me the following error: "acquire returned false".

its pretty important i should scan some docs so help would be appreciated.

thanks to google i found a bit more infos

http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-discus...in-probs-2.html

so it seems its more a general prob of this windows 7 build than a driver problem. i tried every suggested solution there but no luck. :(

Hi,

I downloaded and installed the 7057 build last week. However It seems that my personal firewall from Zonealarm seems its not working on it. The system though has detected that Zonealarm is installed and turned off "Windows Defender" Any guidance would be very helpful.