Windows 7 Build 7057 x86

^^

But i was on ethernet all the while. Was NEVER on wireless...

Do you have a wireless adapter in your pc? I still get the disappearing network icon on both of my pc's (desktop has no wifi), but internet works like it should.

There's definitely something wrong with networking in this build, though. I just hope it's not in RC1.

Google "enable administator account" and run the cmd as administrator. Once it is enabled, you have the choice to turn it back off when you're done, or use it as your primary account which is recommended only for experienced users. If you choose to do the latter, then log off and log back in as administrator, transfer your files over from your user name account, then delete your user name account in User Accounts>Manage so that you won't have a log on screen every time you startup.

Thanks man. Just enabled it. See how things go. (Y)

@gregrocker: Did you managed to solve the internet stop working periodically issue? Sometimes my internet just get cuts off too and when i do ma "ping www.google.com" it will say unreachable or some other error message. But then if i wait for awhile say maybe 5 - 10 minutes. it will just come back on...

Does that registry hack solve this problem as well? Although my explorer.exe doesn't stop working.

I feel that this build has alot of issues with admin privileges. Or maybe its just me not understanding the UAC concept but I thought Windows was meant to be easy to use.. :p

Don

I have stayed on the internet all day since using the registry hack in my post above and it has solved both the explorer.exe constant restarts and the internet dropping then freezing up shutdown. I can only conclude that the registry hack solves both problems, or that they are the same problem. It's running great on all 4 of my machines.

Just like all the other builds after a few hours my wireless will drop and I will need to restart to get internet back =/.

Just like all the other builds after a few hours my wireless will drop and I will need to restart to get internet back =/.

Did you try going back to clean install 7000? That's what I did after I had the explorer and internet problems in 7048. However this time with 7057 decided to search for a fix, so I googled the explorer.exe error and it took me here:

http://www.blogsdna.com/2137/fix-windows-i...n-windows-7.htm

Follow the steps at the bottom. If you can't find the registry key to delete, then use the 2nd step to turn off the Customer Experience Improvement Program. This fixed my internet as well as the explorer.exe bug.

What mp3 and jpg bugs?

The ones which were present in 7000, and they released the hotfix for. MP3 files getting chopped because of header/metadata sizes. JPGs getting corrupted.

The ones which were present in 7000, and they released the hotfix for. MP3 files getting chopped because of header/metadata sizes. JPGs getting corrupted.

yes. both issues are resolved in build 7057

I'm not aware of any bugs with handling jpg's, but the mp3 file corruption has long since been fixed. Otherwise, I don't think anyone would be using these newer builds.

thats interesting, as i suffered the same problem. b4 i didnt notice cause i installed win7 only on my pc and my notebook was still running vista. after i installed win7 on the notebook too, i got the same wireless problems, however i didnt hav to restart i only switched wlan off and on via the switch on my notebook.

there is however a solution which worked for me, i hope it does for you too:

win7 has a feature called homegroup. u might try to leave the current homegroup on all your windows 7 computers and notebooks and then create a new one (i created the new one on my comp and joined it with the notebook).

you might have to do that 2 times actually, but it fixed things for me. now everything is perfect, no drop off in wireless connection at all anymore. :D

I have a weird problem, which I also had with 7000 and 7048 (x86). When the PC is at the welcomescreen, I get no explorer.exe after logon. So I need to go to task manager and start explorer.exe manual. Then it works perfectly stable. I wonder what causes this? I have this on all 3 versions, and only noticed it on the x86 version (clean installs). First it works great, but after a few days I get this problem. In 7057 it actually starts the my documents folder, instead of the explorer.exe :)Very strange if you ask me. There are no programs starting up, the only startupitem is WLM. I think I can make a dirty shortcut in the startup folder to explorer.exe, but it might not work and it stinks.

Edit: to make it more clear, after the welcome I see a black background with the buildtag, and the mydocuments folder.

I have a problem with my win7 (builds 7000, 7048, 7057).

When I copying something on my flash drive and then moving the mouse (usb) - system hangs up with processor 100% usage. This trouble repeats with my usb-printer. I can't move the mouse (to avoid hanging) until printer will end the task.

In vista - no troubles...

Can anybody help me?

sorry for my poor english :)

Update all your motherboard drivers I suppose? and try to update some other drivers as well. Also, what are your specs, and are you using X86 or X64? I did read somewhere you need to update your HID USB drivers in the X64 build in some cases. Faulty mouse driver might be the problem in that case.

Google "enable administator account" and run the cmd as administrator. Once it is enabled, you have the choice to turn it back off when you're done, or use it as your primary account which is recommended only for experienced users. If you choose to do the latter, then log off and log back in as administrator, transfer your files over from your user name account, then delete your user name account in User Accounts>Manage so that you won't have a log on screen every time you startup.

This is the first thing I do with any install .. have been since Vista days!

Type 'secpol.msc' in search bar .. return .. got to 'Local Policies' > 'Security Options' and enable the 'Administrator' account from here is another way to do it.

Update all your motherboard drivers I suppose? and try to update some other drivers as well. Also, what are your specs, and are you using X86 or X64? I did read somewhere you need to update your HID USB drivers in the X64 build in some cases. Faulty mouse driver might be the problem in that case.

Hmm, do you think this can be in reason of 64 bit system? But my vista is 64 bit too.

I've thought that the trouble can be in my mouse - but there are no drivers for 7 for it (of course :) ), and I'm using the latest ones.

OK, I'll try to install 32 bit, but that's not a way out for my 4 GB of ram...

i just updated to 7057 from 7000 and it now takes over a minute to boot up :wacko:

anyone else experience this problem taking the update route?

i'll prolly do a fresh install if i don't find any other solution.

edit: oh and notepad popups right after logging on with this:

[.ShellClassInfo]

LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21787

any ideas?

set the file C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\desktop.ini to hidden.

run this from command prompt:

attrib +h c:\programdata\microsoft\windows\start menu\programs\startup\desktop.ini

Hmm, do you think this can be in reason of 64 bit system? But my vista is 64 bit too.

I've thought that the trouble can be in my mouse - but there are no drivers for 7 for it (of course :) ), and I'm using the latest ones.

OK, I'll try to install 32 bit, but that's not a way out for my 4 GB of ram...

I'm 100% sure you are not alone on this issue, there were some problems with some systems regarding the mouse. Try a PS2 mouse to check if it is true? And make sure to update all drivers.