Windows 7 Build 7057 x86

RC's run well over the RTM date since they allow a transition period. Vista was the same. RC2 5744 expired June 1, 2007 vista RTM'd november 2006 and retailed january 2007.

That would mean half a year between rtm and expiration... if it's the same here, rtm would be in semptember - they should easily make that :yes:

+1 to that. 12 Gigs of RAM seems silly on x86 :p

I have the x32 in a VM so I can rip some wallpaers and other images. Patiently waiting for the x64 build.

That would mean half a year between rtm and expiration... if it's the same here, rtm would be in semptember - they should easily make that :yes:

It'll most likely be October probably. But yeah along those lines but i'm sure they'll start the ball rolling before xmas season.

Might even be an "official leak". Like, Microsoft deliberately leaking builds onto torrent sites as part of their marketing strategy.

Interesting. I've wondered that myself

Build 7057 desktop.ini Fix

Ok guys , I've installed it and first thing, I fixed the desktop.ini issue.

Here's How:

1. Under Folder Options -> View , select "Show hidden files, folders and drives" and un-check "Hide protected operating system files" so that you can see the hidden desktop.ini files.

2. Open the start orb and at the search type: shell:startup and press Enter. The start menu startup folder will open, where you will find a desktop.ini file. Delete it.

3. Open the start orb and at the search type: shell:common startup and press Enter. The "all users" start menu startup folder will open, where you will find a desktop.ini file. Delete it too.

4. Done. Reboot and the desktop.ini will not appear again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discuss....html#post47058

Source: limneos on sevenforums.com

I don't think you can make much of these expiration dates and MS could care less at this point with these builds after Vista, they just want to get the excitement going spreading the word. Activation is taking place with 7048 builds. My take is they will get 7 out for the holidays especially with the economy being so tight right now. They made that mistake with Vista waiting till after the first of the year with the exception of corporate releases, but then again that project was a blunder from the start with delays. 7 will be released sooner then later but then again its all speculation.

So are you guys convinced this is the same RC that will be released to the public in a couple weeks or is this just one of the pre-RC compilation builds that is just oh-so-close to being finished?

If people are, they shouldn't be, since as of right now it could be either. If RC is really slated for the second week of April though (and that's not exactly known either, but there's some decent evidence of it), then I would think 7057 is just one of the RCs for the RC.

Anyone know if the UAC fixes are in yet? ?If not, then this definitely isn't RC.

If people are, they shouldn't be, since as of right now it could be either. If RC is really slated for the second week of April though (and that's not exactly known either, but there's some decent evidence of it), then I would think 7057 is just one of the RCs for the RC.

Anyone know if the UAC fixes are in yet? ?If not, then this definitely isn't RC.

Well, lets keep in mind that 7000 was compiled almost three weeks before it was released to the public and was leaked about a week after. It still might be a little early to say for sure, but April 10th is not a concrete date by any means. Just have to sit and wait. I am still waiting for the x64 version, so nothing else to do anyway.

just installed 7057 and now can't sign into Messenger. I can't find any information on the error

That is an odd error message anyone else experiencing this ?

That is an odd error message anyone else experiencing this ?

problem fixed. must have been a corrupt file store

browse to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft and delete the Windows Live Contacts folder if you get and error signing in

problem fixed. must have been a corrupt file store

browse to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft and delete the Windows Live Contacts folder if you get and error signing in

oh ok good to hear.

if you did an upgrade then you will have to reinstall Live essentials including Mail and Messenger etc or you will get errors.

Also i won't give in until x64 comes out lol :p

Love the new welcome and shutdown screens

Downloading it, can anyone confirm that upgrade works? I have 7022 at home and was gonna just upgrade it, probably easier.

This is pre-RC1 of course, I dunno why so many people are asking this question! Its rumoured to go RC-gold on April 10th, so a couple of days either side of that should see a leak followed by an official RC release.

Installed and running fine

1. New white WMP12 now playing mode list panel with some weird fade from black effects.

2. New user display pics

3. New Wallpapers (Most of them are Kids centric)

4. New Icons for few programs

5. Better Realtek HD Audio Default driver which is able to detect when headphones are plugged in.