Windows 7 Build 7057 x86

this has to be the fastest fresh install i have ever had ! !!

12 min from start to desktop WOW !

i did notice that the send feedback button is GONE !

I installed from USB pen and got about the same time, did you use usb?

this has to be the fastest fresh install i have ever had ! !!

12 min from start to desktop WOW !

i did notice that the send feedback button is GONE !

I thought you meant thats how long it took you to BOOT.

12 mins, good for you ;)

Good to hear its nice and quick.

SuperZod, I noticed that even in pre-7000 builds - if I added in my main music location into the library, it would take ages to add all of the files. Its as if the "force rescan" mode you could invoke in Vista/XP where you select your folders and it adds them all there and then with a progress bar is gone. We can only add files by adding "monitored locations", and have the indexing function slowly pick up on everything. From start to finish on 7022, it took 2 hours to begin and finish indexing my one location of about 16000 files (mix of MP3 and WMA lossless files).

Sad to hear this is gone, but its not hard to put up with manually playing files instead of using the library temporarily after a clean install.

It's being posted now. Use your supersearch in Newsleecher if you have it. :)

Nah, have Easynews and discovered their Global Search which is awesome. :)

Meh what is this, 1999? Why bother leaking the legacy build, need the real version.

I dont understand what you are talking about. Using the words "Legacy build" when talking about the as-yet unreleased, brand new, Windows 7, doesnt make a whole lot of sense.

lol, what's with some of these themes?

characters and themes are kind of ****ed. and they took out my favorite nature backgrounds. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the new nature theme.

I dont understand what you are talking about. Using the words "Legacy build" when talking about the as-yet unreleased, brand new, Windows 7, doesnt make a whole lot of sense.

I think he means 32bit is legacy and 64bit is what should be leaked.

I just tried to install this build in VMware Workstation and got this blue screen:

post-281688-1236880386.png

When the VM rebooted it just hung on the boot screen. I'm trying to reinstall now.

It happend when it was at the 'Completing Installation' stage.

Any ideas?

Hm, the only thing I can think of is that one of your RAM sticks is bust, 0x1A is common for that.

Its quite possible, but if you run VMs a lot it would have shown up beforehand I expect.

Memtest86?

found something new

in Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center\Advanced sharing settings you can now change encryption settings for file sharing.

That is sweet, but would only be useful if XP and Vista would update to support such a thing. I'd have to share between 7 and 7.

Hm, the only thing I can think of is that one of your RAM sticks is bust, 0x1A is common for that.

Its quite possible, but if you run VMs a lot it would have shown up beforehand I expect.

Memtest86?

I have never got a 'Memory_Management' blue screen before, in VM or running for real.

I'll run memtest86 if the install fails again. Don't really want to know if my RAM is bust at the moment though, I'm so broke! :(

So you are saying that virtually 95% of all Netbook computers are "legacy". The fastest growing segment of the computing industry, is legacy. Yeh mate sure.

Regardless of whether you think x86 is already a legacy architecture or not, Windows 7 is being designed to run with lower requirements, so having an x86 build out there to test with is just as important as having an x64 build which would definitely run on all x64 computers (assuming nobody has an x64 PC with something like 256MB RAM).

I have never got a 'Memory_Management' blue screen before, in VM or running for real.

I'll run memtest86 if the install fails again. Don't really want to know if my RAM is bust at the moment though, I'm so broke! :(

Might have a warranty left on them ;)

I dont think it would be if youve used a lot of VMs and havent had this happen before.

Ive had 1 BSOD for W7 so far, and that was installing 7022 x86 on a Mac Mini. When it came to installing the boot camp drivers, I was daft and tried to do other things at the same time - normal stuff like browse the net download antivirus etc, but I really should have left it to it. It BSOD'd really quick so didnt see the message, rebooted, and I "repaired" using the MSI installer. Worked/still works fine.

It may just be bad luck, try again. Possibly a duff CD, but Im guessing if your in a VM you are using an ISO, no?

I dont think it would be if youve used a lot of VMs and havent had this happen before.

Ive had 1 BSOD for W7 so far, and that was installing 7022 x86 on a Mac Mini. When it came to installing the boot camp drivers, I was daft and tried to do other things at the same time - normal stuff like browse the net download antivirus etc, but I really should have left it to it. It BSOD'd really quick so didnt see the message, rebooted, and I "repaired" using the MSI installer. Worked/still works fine.

It may just be bad luck, try again. Possibly a duff CD, but Im guessing if your in a VM you are using an ISO, no?

Yeah I am using an ISO. I just tried again and it installed fine. I think I will run memtest on my computer anyway soon as I have been having some other weird problems with it that could be RAM related.

Ah well, now i can play with this build! :)

Currently listening to Windows Weekly with Paul Thurrott and he's saying that 7057 has been crashing like crazy for him. :huh:

Boo.

Now what... to install or not to install, that is the question.

Boo.

Now what... to install or not to install, that is the question.

I am using it since last 12 or so hours. It is as stable as 7000 for me if not better. In fact my 7000 BSODed just as it finished burning 7057 DVD. :p (First and only BSOD after it was installed in January).

The LogonUI graphic looks like it's straight out of DeviantArt. It looks quite nice, just not very Microsofty. No doubt it'll look beautiful on Best Buy's shelves, gleaming on rows of glossy laptops, but it just doesn't seem to match the toned-down simplicity the rest of the UI seems (seemed?) to be reaching for. :-/

It's way different from current, yeah, so it's unfitting. For the old style. If they are trying to create a new style, I don't see what would be the problem. I like this new one way better than that abstract one.

Currently listening to Windows Weekly with Paul Thurrott and he's saying that 7057 has been crashing like crazy for him. :huh:

Sorry...sorry...he was talking about 7048 which has been crashing non stop, documents are disappearing, wordpad closing for no reason, etc.

He says 7057 has been very stable.

I dont, he's a knob, but he does probably have a lot of gear to test with, and I dont know why he would cry wolf.

Unless of course its just him, which is why I was doubtful up there.

Given that nobody on here has reported anything show-stopping, Im probably gonna install when I get home. Its downloaded there, just need to complete this damn 12 hour shift.

**EDIT**

Ah thats cool, yeah I didnt bother with 7048 and kinda glad now.