UK Family 'too fat to work', want more money

wish my family got ?22,000 in benefits. we'd be nearly rich lol.

as for too fat to work...what a load of crap. the real crime here is that someone has seemingly decided to believe them and pay them a fortune in benefit payments.

My thoughts exactly. I mean they can do all sorts of jobs, even simple production work for that matter. I know it's not the most ideal job but come on, 'too fat to work' isn't going to cut it. :)

I think the problem is due to all the negativity towards fat people, as evident in this thread.

If one of that family come into a job interview and there were 2 or more people who were sufficiently qualified for the job all of equal skill who would you hire, i can bet you wouldnt consider hiring the fat person and thats a shame.

Im not trying to defend them but it takes both sides to work something out.

Imagine the mom naked on a trampaline ;)

Pictures please and a link!

:| ooops I thought I read 'your mom'.

:ninja:

Not with her diet it won't.

LOL!

Anyway, this is more pc bull****! Just cut them off totally. Let them starve a bit, and in a few weeks they will be thin enough to work! Problem solved.

People are overweight and I have no issue with that. People claim benefits for some quite often bizarre reasons; I even accept that. However....

All that healthy food, like fruit and veg, is too expensive.

That is just utter and complete rubbish. My partner and I have tested this quite extensively and it's just not true. Quite the opposite is true in fact. You can eat healthily far more cheaply than you can eat unhealthily.

If you believe that you need to fill a wheelbarrow for each meal then yes, I suspect it might seem more expensive. However, nutritionally, this just isn't the case.

These people are ignorant and stupid, which is not really their fault. What they need is someone to show them how easy and cheap it is to cook healthy, filling meals, as they are clearly unable work it out for themselves..

3000 calories is about twice as much as they should be eating, it's no wonder they are fat. But why are they so stupid as to be unable to realise this is a problem.. They seem to think 3000 is an ok amount?!

They also need someone to tell them how to manage their money... !

I don't think they are blameless, they are clearly lazy and fatalistic but the system ought to have checks in place that get people like these pushed toward sorting themselves out.

11 years is a loooooong time to be out of work, and in that time, the parents will have lost all confidence in their ability to find and perform a job of any sort. Further, the system is set up such that once one or more of them starts working, benefits will be cut drastically, if not totally removed. For someone that has been dependent on welfare for a very long time, that is probably quite a scary prospect - but again, I think the system should be set up to make the transition easier and stop it getting this far. Considering the help criminals apparently get with jobs and such, I don't see why innocent-but-lazy people shouldn't get similar assistance.

That is just utter and complete rubbish. My partner and I have tested this quite extensively and it's just not true. Quite the opposite is true in fact. You can eat healthily far more cheaply than you can eat unhealthily.

If you believe that you need to fill a wheelbarrow for each meal then yes, I suspect it might seem more expensive. However, nutritionally, this just isn't the case.

Indeed, a diet of rice, pasta, fruit and vegetables, with some meat a few times a week would be quite adequate and far cheaper. Also, when you are cooking for more than one person at a time, cooking from fresh ingredients is even cheaper. Now to follow my own advice :|

Their problem, is that Healthy eating is not as tasty as a fully loaded baked potato compared to a baked potato with a dash of cottage cheese and pepper.... Healthy is very good for your health, but it tastes like poo...

What they need, are the judges from X-Factor judge them as they eat, and a pork sound board that squeals as they eat... That would help them more and be cheaper lol.... Judges can do it for civil service, to pay off their coke addiction fines.

Wow. I don't know what would weigh more. Their ignorance or their bodies. They blame genetics yet they consume 3000 calories a day. Ugh!

Wow, the system over there in the UK kicks the living crap out of the system here.

I'm disabled due to a back problem, and I get a massive $445 a month, or a big $5300 a year. That's what I'm supposed to live on. Yeah, right. I'm pretty overweight myself, mostly due to alot of factors, but I worked for years with my back being bad and being close to 400 lbs. I won't pass judgement on these people because I don't know the actual medical situation with any of them.

Wow, the system over there in the UK kicks the living crap out of the system here.

I'm disabled due to a back problem, and I get a massive $445 a month, or a big $5300 a year. That's what I'm supposed to live on. Yeah, right. I'm pretty overweight myself, mostly due to alot of factors, but I worked for years with my back being bad and being close to 400 lbs. I won't pass judgement on these people because I don't know the actual medical situation with any of them.

At 3000 calories a day, it'll be their fault if they have one anyway.

Whose fault is it then?

Oh, that's right. It's their fault.

Oh for **** sake, read her ****ing post.

She said, its the governments fault, for basically making them that way. Why did they need to learn or stop being ignorant, when they have everything done for them on the government?

It is more common than you may realise in the UK, where whole familys have a different concept as to what is right, wrong, acceptiable or simply how to do things, like eat properly and be healthy, because they have been handed everything on a plate by the government.

Its a sad situation really.

Next time, please read the whole post, before quoting a small section, when the answer is right in front of you.

I read the whole post. Only those 12 words were the punchline however. ;)

There is no excuse for lack of personal responsibility, I don't care what country you come from.

What crap.

I almost swallowed my teeth at this one. "What crap?" Does that even mean anything?

I'll go out and murder a bunch of kids, and blame the government because they "never told me how to act".

I almost swallowed my teeth at this one. "What crap?" Does that even mean anything?

I'll go out and murder a bunch of kids, and blame the government because they "never told me how to act".

Law and order is a completely different thing.

We are talking about common sense and general ways to look after yourself. They have never had to lift a finger in 11 years, because the government has been their to look out for them.

In that time, those younger girls have likely almost forgotten how to look after their bodies, because they know no difference. They dont really feel the need to work, because they probably dont remember mum and dad ever working and know that the government will always be there to pick up the pieces for them.

So once again, i will repeat, what crap. Which in british terms means, you sir are talking rubbish.

We are talking about common sense and general ways to look after yourself. They have never had to lift a finger in 11 years, because the government has been their to look out for them.

They haven't had to lift a finger in 11 years because they are lazy people who have no desire to work. Your government is only guilty to the point where they cave in to these idiots.

These people have completely ignored their common sense in the goal of scamming the government for their own enjoyment.

No offense, but your bad back is due to the fact that you way 400 pounds!! That is ridiculous and disgusting and there is no reason for it!! Get off the couch, do some exercise, lose some weight and your bad back will be good as new. Stop making excuses and do something about your condition.

You are in no position to pass judgement on anyone. You've created your own position and then use "medical situations" to try and explain away the problem! People like you make me sick to my stomach. Why should anyone give you any amount of money because you stuff your face and don't exercise??

I say the $445 a month you get is too much and you should have to pay back everything you've ever gotten. Quit feeling sorry for yourself and do something about your situation!!

No offense, but your bad back is due to the fact that you way 400 pounds!! That is ridiculous and disgusting and there is no reason for it!! Get off the couch, do some exercise, lose some weight and your bad back will be good as new. Stop making excuses and do something about your condition.

You are in no position to pass judgement on anyone. You've created your own position and then use "medical situations" to try and explain away the problem! People like you make me sick to my stomach. Why should anyone give you any amount of money because you stuff your face and don't exercise??

I say the $445 a month you get is too much and you should have to pay back everything you've ever gotten. Quit feeling sorry for yourself and do something about your situation!!

And neither are you.

How do you know he doesn't do all that you say he doesn't do? :rolleyes:

And neither are you.

How do you know he doesn't do all that you say he doesn't do? :rolleyes:

Because he wouldn't way 400 pounds!! C'mon, be realistic!