Windows 7 Build 7100 RC (Changes/Bugs/Tweaks) Discussion

Well The build is quite snappy and does not kill my wifi connection randomly every hour :)

ANY individual talking about obtaining windows 7 from a news group or torrent, or which is faster at obtaining illegal content, torrents or newsgroups, will get a warning or a suspension from the Neowin forums.

You've been warned

Warwagon.

Edited by warwagon

Well The build is quite snappy and does not kill my wifi connection randomly every hour :)

comes with an updated atheros wlan driver but it sitll kills my connection evers minute. I always need to copy athr.sys from older builds to get it working...

In build 7077 I could not use the safely remove hardware feature for my external HD. This has been fixed in build 7100.

Also, and this is hard to say since the diff for common OS tasks between really fast (build 7077) and perceptibly instant was already very small, but I think this build is faster.

This is just build 7077 with small bugfixes. But software/driver developers will develop updates based on 7100, so updating is very important if you want to use the latest software and drivers on WIndows 7 (videocard drivers are very sensitive for example)

How big is the install size? Smaller or the same as 7077?

I don't know what size 7077 was, never had a reason to look. With build 7100 I am under 10 GB on a new install. Hope that helps.

can any body confirm norton internet security 2009 working in this build?? it wasnt in build 7077...thnx

can any body confirm norton internet security 2009 working in this build?? it wasnt in build 7077...thnx

slight correction. it does work on 64bit of 7077

wow just look at the amount of new people on this thread!

I thought that too untill i saw the join date, '08 '09 Dannydeman started before you did. Its just because they don't have Avatars or sigs. Posting infrequently doesn't make them "new"

anyway to remove the evaluation copy text in this build. Ive had a few issues with removing it and then windows saying it wasn't genuine in both 77 and 68.

anyway to remove the evaluation copy text in this build. Ive had a few issues with removing it and then windows saying it wasn't genuine in both 77 and 68.

Why do you people want to remove the text in the bottom of the screen? It's hardly intrusive now is it?

Why do you people want to remove the text in the bottom of the screen? It's hardly intrusive now is it?

Yes it is, there is nothing more than having a sexy wallpaper and having some random text in the bottom right hand corner to ruin it. Microsoft could actually make it worse by making it change to random different colours. :p

I can't believe people still expect to find major visual changes then complain that only bug fixes have been made.

When are people going to get it into their heads that no major visual chances will be appear and it's mostly about fixing bugs and tweaking the UI here and there with minor changes.

Get over it already.

Why is it that i think its not the RC...

i mean... i know its build 7100..

but mayb Microsoft have to finalize it before the release...

as i think there should be a Release Candidate written like Beta was written on build 7100

And The BETA FISH... .i dont think so they will include that. I think they will use the wall they used in the conference.. and i even think They will change the login screen if not then they will make a similar wall that will be the default..

ITS THE RC:.. isnt it suppose to be graphically complete??

I can't believe people still expect to find major visual changes then complain that only bug fixes have been made.

When are people going to get it into their heads that no major visual chances will be appear and it's mostly about fixing bugs and tweaking the UI here and there with minor changes.

Get over it already.

+1

Brandon Live practically said that people shouldn't expect a new UI, though, he never dismissed that possible theme tweaks, and even then that's pretty unlikely, RC practically means done.

Why is it that i think its not the RC...

i mean... i know its build 7100..

but mayb Microsoft have to finalize it before the release...

as i think there should be a Release Candidate written like Beta was written on build 7100

And The BETA FISH... .i dont think so they will include that. I think they will use the wall they used in the conference.. and i even think They will change the login screen if not then they will make a similar wall that will be the default..

ITS THE RC:.. isnt it suppose to be graphically complete??

RC = Graphically compete/feature complete.

Stop thinking you'll get a new UI, because you won't. And the fish wallpaper is probably a placemark for a better wallpaper.

who said a new UI..

Can anybody just tell me if the picture viewer is fixed??? the SLIDESHOW BUTTON...

its suppose to be just like the media player PLAY button isnt it??

if this really is the finalized RC then it will be fixed rite??

i just want a screenshot

Downloaded and Installing now, will report back with anything I've noticed changed after the install :)

O nice man!!!...

Please do post screens.. alot if u can.. speciall a screen of the windows picture viewer :)

i wana c if the buttons are fixed..

else i wont b downloadin.. and wait a little more :)

ill be disappointed if the Released RC HAS THE BETA **** WALL!!! :(

Microsoft is doing well for the code i knw... but they are a little bak in the graphics department...

there are many small UI flaws..