Windows 7 Build 7100 RC (Changes/Bugs/Tweaks) Discussion

You know, since it has the 7100 build number people figure it's THE RC the public will get next month. But since MS can change and make the build # be whatever they want, we could very well see a few different "builds" of 7100 by the time it goes public.

This has happened before with MS and that's why you get the extra .x at the end. Right now this is 7100.0, but who's to say by the time it goes public it won't be something like 7100.2 or .3?

This one?

http://www.winsupersite.com/images/win7/win7_rc_26.jpg

What am I suppose to see exactly?

any graphics card that supports aero!!.. and has a GAMING RATING of 5 or more.. ive not seen a single card which has a Aero rating of 3.6

remember such problems werent there in Beta.. but were there in other builds..

i mean its a bug..

and one thats extensively reported..

can u say it hasnt been fixed or is it not a complete RC???

You know, since it has the 7100 build number people figure it's THE RC the public will get next month. But since MS can change and make the build # be whatever they want, we could very well see a few different "builds" of 7100 by the time it goes public.

This has happened before with MS and that's why you get the extra .x at the end. Right now this is 7100.0, but who's to say by the time it goes public it won't be something like 7100.2 or .3?

GP007.. that is exactly what im trying to point out..

ur just thinking like me ...

I doubt this is the final RC build..

i find it kinda imcomplete..

:)

thats just me..

any graphics card that supports aero!!.. and has a GAMING RATING of 5 or more.. ive not seen a single card which has a Aero rating of 3.6

remember such problems werent there in Beta.. but were there in other builds..

i mean its a bug..

and one thats extensively reported..

can u say it hasnt been fixed or is it not a complete RC???

GP007.. that is exactly what im trying to point out..

ur just thinking like me ...

I doubt this is the final RC build..

i find it kinda imcomplete..

:)

thats just me..

My old laptop had a graphics rating of 3.0 and it ran Aero just fine.

I've not used a build since 7000, so I'm going to give this a try :)

Hope I notice some improvements.

hi

does punkbuster still inflict problems ?

I can't confirm it yet as I'm not on the RC but I'd say that yes, it's still broken. Evenbalance can't be bothered to add Windows 7 support at this stage. This is why outsourcing anti cheat protection is a stupid idea, it's broke so many games.

This does look to be the real release Candidate. I'm not sure why people doubt that, but as Neowin already reported, "According to reports, 7115.0.winmain.090421-1650 is the latest build internally at the time of writing." which makes sense, since they aren't going to just stop internal builds after 7100.

I have installed it this afternoon, frankly I can't tell whether it's the RC or what, its pretty much the same look wise and performance wise for me at least. I don't know if the watermark should say RC or just Evaluation Copy build 7100!

grdh20, the only problem I see Is that the RC Is supose to come with a feedback tool, I can't imagine a RC without a feedback tool.

If that's the case with RC builds, then this definitely doesn't come with the Feedback Tool.

Can anyone confirm if unplugging an XBOX 360 Controller still causes a BSOD?

+1

.... ok I see where this is fixed with MS update. Driver issue.

Edited by cropcircles

I am confused - Everyone said that build 7106 was equivilant to 7076, and that 7077 was newer..so.. wouldn't 7100 actually be older than 7077?

Thanks.

I am confused - Everyone said that build 7106 was equivilant to 7076, and that 7077 was newer..so.. wouldn't 7100 actually be older than 7077?

Thanks.

It doesn't work like that and no 7100 isn't older than 7077.

^

Damn I hope it doesn't :(

Just got my PC 360 controller a few weeks back.

Good purchase its a must for PC gaming now for allot of games such as Tom Clancy's HAWX. Really nice game.

.... man still no signs of ne new about a different 7100 build..

i really doubt its complete 7100..

i think its a work in progress 7100..

its 24th i think we will know soon when it is released to the technet site ...

Have people forgot one vital point?

That being that testers were due to get an RC at the end of this month which is this build and public were suppose to get another at the end of May.

Yeah sure recent reports suggest otherwise to the end of May public date but there is such a thing a build duplicating. What do people think the number after the build number ie 7100. means?

It's entirely possible this may be an internal/OEM only version of the RC and the public may get an updated one with the build tag 7100.1