Windows 7 Build 7100 RC (Changes/Bugs/Tweaks) Discussion

Anyone have an Auzentech Prelude 7.1 soundcard, and has gotten it to work in Windows 7?

If so, how?

Also, do we need to download Intel chipset installation utility and intel matrix storage drivers for us intel chipset users?

They only have vista ones on intels site.

I thought that too untill i saw the join date, '08 '09 Dannydeman started before you did. Its just because they don't have Avatars or sigs. Posting infrequently doesn't make them "new"

lol..I?m not new at all..

Just never felt the need for a avatar..

ppl with it installed can they plz tell me if the windows image viewer buttons match the windows media player buttons which they didnt in the previous buildds??

:::::::::::::::::

And did i tell my computer with windows 7 crashes after every 30 mins due to the ddvmsys error..

thats nvidia driver...

and i cant try ne other drivers as only one driver for my card is available.. which came out in 2006.. and im surprised they didnt fix this bug..

this bug is happening for everyone using the FX series dx9 cards..

that is wrong.. my card supports everything they should test it to make sure the fx series work ... im talking about microsoft not nvidia..

I think, because upgrading from 7077 is possible, this may not be the RC...

But maybe I'm not right. Does anyone agree/disagree?

THanks for the Link..

and dude .. they didnt change it :(

plus the bottom corners of the windows are not curved anymore or its just the basic theme..

Here we go again. Another windows 7 bug post which is fine but here we are on page 5 and only 4 comments on actual windows 7 bugs.

Yet again it's been taken over by the non windows 7 bug comments like "my driver don't work" or "my third party software don't work" that has nothing to do with windows 7 bugs.

Please for the love of god go away and make a separate post with your query or better still go your driver and/or software forum page.

Rafael and I do have some secrets to share, but again, we need to wait. There is more coming.

Regarding availability, I don't have any info that I can relay on when the RC build will be made available through official channels, but everyone who wants it should be able to get it in the coming weeks.

First Paul said new UI is coming. Now he saying their is more secrets.

I don't trust him. What you guys think?

source

wrong..

I want a stable system..

very stable one..

But Icons and themes are very important..

and most important is the fact that atleast they should be consistent

Get an iMac then

I just installed 7077 on my laptop yesterday. I'm getting 7100 as i write this and will do clean install to start making tests and try an unattended install.

Are there any show stopper bugs?

No one has found them so far i guess.

Tip I found installing from a USB key, if available on your system, hit the key at boot to let you pick the boot device rather than setting it permanently in the bios. When it reboots it will restart setup not hit the HDD. Saves having to sit there waiting to change it back in the BIOS so setup can continue.

Dave

Right. 7100 is the RC, Microsoft reserved that number and said before that 7100 was for the RC release, which this is.

Secondly, there isn't going to be a new UI, at least, not in the sense that people think that the Superbar etc are going to be changed. If anything, there might be a change to the theme and more icons etc being added, but that's it. And that's a big if.

Thirdly, why are people so disappointed? With all the leaks since 7000, new features have been added/removed/changed and you expect the RC to be just as different? RC = pretty much complete. It's only about bugs and so on.

Also, if people want to argue that Windows XP got a new theme during RC, you are wrong, it was Beta 2 which got the new theme, plus Windows XP was under a different person who managed the product, so there isn't going to be any more surprises.