Windows 7 Build 7100 RC (Changes/Bugs/Tweaks) Discussion

yea.. and the one where we get a feedback tool..

and theres Release Candidate watermark..

new default wallpaper..

fixed buttons..

just my guess... i hope im rite.

yea.. and the one where we get a feedback tool..

and theres Release Candidate watermark..

new default wallpaper..

fixed buttons..

just my guess... i hope im rite.

Stop going on about those "buttons", they are fine, you're arguing about icons which are incomplete. The feedback tool was probably removed because people who got the leaked builds were sending feedback they shouldn't of been sending.

I noticed one small UI change from builds 7077 to 7100.

Active applications appear differently in the taskbar: The white outerglow has been replaced by a more homogeneous highlight.

Check the attached pics

post-7305-1240592827.jpg

post-7305-1240592838.jpg

its a leak..not the technet one i think..

its yet to be released..

plus the buttons are not a small thing..

its just makes the OS look outdated..

I understand..but as the RC is going for a public release .. it should have a feedback tool..

or else i think this is not the 7100 we gonna get on 5th..

mayb they are makin changes and applying later.. and this build leaked is a work in progress..

ill reply now when i get to c another different leak or the release :)

cheers..

i hope this isnt RC...

I noticed one small UI change from builds 7077 to 7100.

Active applications appear differently in the taskbar: The white outerglow has been replaced by a more homogeneous highlight.

Check the attached pics

They just went back to 7068 style.

Here we go again. Another windows 7 bug post which is fine but here we are on page 5 and only 4 comments on actual windows 7 bugs.

Yet again it's been taken over by the non windows 7 bug comments like "my driver don't work" or "my third party software don't work" that has nothing to do with windows 7 bugs.

Please for the love of god go away and make a separate post with your query or better still go your driver and/or software forum page.

+1 this is so frustrating. I have to browse through pages and pages to see any real info.

But Icons and themes are very important..

and most important is the fact that atleast they should be consistent

You will never get consistency from Microsoft. Those graphical glitches will probably be around in Windows 8.

As a few others have asked, can anyone test Punkbuster on his build, specifically for Quake Live if possible. :)

Someone needs to develop a hack that gets around Punkbuster. Gaming with punkbuster is the only thing that keeps me on Vista. At RC you would think they would like to provide unofficial support for 7, but nooooooo.

Better wait for the official rc. They will most surely release some updates to fix minor issues in the rc and I doubt you will be able to install those one this build.

I am 99% sure that this is not gonna be released as the official RC.

I mean, come on no "send feedback" thats something thats supposed to be there in an public testing

I smell something fishy (bettafish?) about this, I think MS if effing with us, just wait and see ;)

You know, since it has the 7100 build number people figure it's THE RC the public will get next month. But since MS can change and make the build # be whatever they want, we could very well see a few different "builds" of 7100 by the time it goes public.

This has happened before with MS and that's why you get the extra .x at the end. Right now this is 7100.0, but who's to say by the time it goes public it won't be something like 7100.2 or .3?

It was to vistademon. I misread it and thougt he said it wasn't the RC.

post-285248-1240577081_thumb.jpg

here u go..

look at the media player buttons.. and the image viewer ones..

i remeber the media player had same style.. but they updated it in build 7022.. rite now im on 57 and the image viewer button still isnt fixed...

It isnt..

its just that these small things shouldnt be left un noticed..

specially the button thing.. look at my previous post

File that one under "who gives a damn?!?!". Oh yes, only you :p

I am 99% sure that this is not gonna be released as the official RC.

I mean, come on no "send feedback" thats something thats supposed to be there in an public testing

I smell something fishy (bettafish?) about this, I think MS if effing with us, just wait and see ;)

This is the OFFICIAL RC, get over it already

I can confirm the punkbuster problem is still there. Fired up COD4 about four times, and always gave me the same error as on build 7077.

Makes sense, the problem is not on Windows 7, its Punkbuster that needs to be updated.

And lol at people saying this isnt the RC. Just check Paul Thurrots site if you have any doubts, its right there written on the corner BUILD 7100 on the RC pages he created :sleep2:

Here we go again. Another windows 7 bug post which is fine but here we are on page 5 and only 4 comments on actual windows 7 bugs.

Yet again it's been taken over by the non windows 7 bug comments like "my driver don't work" or "my third party software don't work" that has nothing to do with windows 7 bugs.

Please for the love of god go away and make a separate post with your query or better still go your driver and/or software forum page.

If you don't like the thread, don't use it simple. Sick of reading your posts which attack others. Along with your attitude which puts icing on the cake. DISCUSSION FORUM, Not i'm right with everything let's go attack everyone that wrights a stupid post.

I can confirm the punkbuster problem is still there. Fired up COD4 about four times, and always gave me the same error as on build 7077.

Makes sense, the problem is not on Windows 7, its Punkbuster that needs to be updated.

And lol at people saying this isnt the RC. Just check Paul Thurrots site if you have any doubts, its right there written on the corner BUILD 7100 on the RC pages he created :sleep2:

and 7100 is the build listed in the article that was posted on the msdn blog about providing a quality upgrade experience.

I'm running this from a vhd install done from my 7077 x64 build.. and I have to say that it feels a lot faster than previous builds on the VHD..

7100 = RC

7100 = newer than previous builds

Everyone is spreading fud that 1) 7100 isn't RC, and 2) 7100 is older than 7106, which it isn't.

Paul Thurrot shouldn't be classed as a reliable source, he has caused some of the recent headaches that say that Windows 7 is getting a new UI when it just isn't.

Is it faster?

Is it smaller - after full install?

I am aching to write an extensive performance and GUI functionality comparison between XP and 7, but other versions of 7 were rather slow. Has the CPU drain on the start menu been fixed (That thing that spikes up the CPU to 50% when poking around in Start Menu - MP3 files I think )?

ty