7100 *bugs only*

Windows Taskbar Thumbnail bug - new (?)

I noticed this today for the first time - the taskbar preview image didn't work properly, as you can see below. Only restoring and minimising the window again fixed it.

I never had this happen in a previous build, so I guess it's new.

7100BugPreview.jpg

I experienced this bug in the beta (7000) actually.. it may or may not have the same cause but it looks like the bug is still there sometimes :(

Another possible bug I had that was fixed. Windows 7048 + 7-zip and uTorrent (I never used 7-zip when I was on 7000 so I am unsure if the bug was present in 7000 or was due to my upgrade).

Basically when I had 7-zip installed on 7048, if I right-clicked a downloaded file in uTorrent and hit "Open File Location" it would open a 32-bit window (or so it seemed) I could not use the 64-bit 7-zip to unzip a zipped file in that window, and that window would NOT merge with the default Windows Explorer folder on the taskbar.....I had both the default explorer window AND another window that was opened with uTorrent. I could fix this by installing the 32-bit version of 7-zip. Anyway, come 7100 I did a fresh install and I now use uTorrent, 7-zip (64-bit version only) and when I open a folder through uTorrent I am actually able to use 7-zip (context menu is there, vs. 7048 where the context menu was missing if I only had 64-bit installed).

So it was either an OS bug that was fixed in 7100 (possible sooner, somewhere between 7048 and 7100) or a bug caused by my upgrading from 7000->7048 that was fixed with the clean install.

That being said I dont know if it would be something to list unless others could confirm this behavior on older builds, but it was definitely a "bug" that was nice to see fixed on my system.

I'm not fond of the WinSat bug. I somehow doubt my 150 GB VelociRaptor drive only scores a 5.9.
Yeah, thats the same score my 500GB (the win7 partition is only 125GB) standard 7200 SATA drive gets.....definitely not accurate for your drive.

Hope this is a bug, better be!

Created custom folders under the start menu " which by the way I hate that I cannot use classic" but that's a whole other story.

After filling the folders with links going out to programs I open IE8 and under favorites all my links in the start menu are there with the programs. I'm able to launch them from the IE8 browser.

Wow pretty sure that shouldn't be there, better not be anyways!

Edit: version 7100

WMP completely destroyed some of my music. I thought the MP3 bug was pre-patched. About 1/4 of my music got untagged and a few songs had some of the audio chopped off!

I think I spent 2 hours retagging stuff.

WMP completely destroyed some of my music. I thought the MP3 bug was pre-patched. About 1/4 of my music got untagged and a few songs had some of the audio chopped off!

Lots of my music got screwed up too!!!! But I think it was while I had Vista. Dunno if iTunes did something, or if it was the beta for SP2, for instance. DAMN IT.

Lots of my music got screwed up too!!!! But I think it was while I had Vista. Dunno if iTunes did something, or if it was the beta for SP2, for instance. DAMN IT.

Nonsense. Aero Graphics rating worked fine up to 7048, getting 7.9 as it should.

In 7057, WinSat went on the fritz and took a nosedive to 5.9. On 7106 (and 7100) they obviously attempted to fix it, but didn't quite manage, so it went up to 6.8, but not to 7.9 as it should.

I think you miss the point of how this works. It is NOT a bug. It is just an arbitrary score.

If MS were handing out 7.9's now, where can they go in 2 years when cards are 3 times more powerful?

Forget what score you used to get as that was during the tuning period, what you are seeing now is the true score.

that "taskbar" bug happens because the window you had opened has timed out. Any window that you open and has not been opened for a prolonged period of time will no longer show preview. I get this ALL THE TIME. Since i leave my rig on 24x7 i leave applications and folders open but minimized or not in focus, when i hover over the ones i haven't used in like 4hrs + they only show the icon.

Since you leave your applications running for lengths of time similar to me, I'm wondering if you see the problem where sometimes, randomly, you don't get the thumbnail preview windows at all -- any of them. Instead, you get a tooltip! That's the height of annoyance. I was hoping that was just a Beta 1 thing, but it's not.

Not sure if it's a bug or it was present in previous bugs but in Vista SP1 x86 the arrow keys on my keyboard could be used to jump in a movie a certain amount of time every time an arrow was pressed. In this build the arrow keys do nothing. I'm thinking it is eaither a bug, they changed the keys to something else or they removed the ability altogether.

I experienced this bug in the beta (7000) actually.. it may or may not have the same cause but it looks like the bug is still there sometimes :(

Same, but it isn't unprovoked, it usually happens, for example, if you open a game and the theme is set to basic because the game doesn't support Aero, when your game is done, all/most of the thumbnails will be empty.

I think you miss the point of how this works. It is NOT a bug. It is just an arbitrary score.

If MS were handing out 7.9's now, where can they go in 2 years when cards are 3 times more powerful?

Forget what score you used to get as that was during the tuning period, what you are seeing now is the true score.

I disagree....my 4850 gets 6.8 through the gaming graphics test, it also gets 6.8 on the aero graphics test. Your telling me aero is just as intensive as gaming graphics are? Sorry but I find that difficult to believe.

The open icon in explorer...once you start going into further folders the open icon image gets corrupted....noticed it in earlier builds, still not fixed.

Your telling me aero is just as intensive as gaming graphics are? Sorry but I find that difficult to believe.

Obviously not!

What has that got to do with anything?

After start windows 7 build 7100 it get BlueScreen witch error:

*** STOP: 0x00000124 (0x00000004, 0x84BC98D4, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Can someone have this problem too? What is going on how to fix it? Any idea?

something wrong with 7100. on previous build (i use 7077 two weeks as main OS) i never had blue screen, but today in 3 hours i get 4 blue screens

and some bugs

1. Widget What's on tv doesnt work anymore (works on previous builds)

2. DVBViewer cause blue screen, while in 7077 doesnt, and all works perfect

3. blue screen without a reason (i use same program, same drivers like in 7077)

I disagree.

Windows 7000 - 7.9 in Graphics Aero

Windows 7048 - 7.9 in Graphics Aero

Windows 7100 - 6.8 in Graphics Aero

I'm running the same driver that I ran in 7048 and I lost 1.1 points in the Graphics Aero score. So either they changed something extremely drastic in the way 7100 scores the graphics card for Aero, or there is a bug.

Or it's scaled to compare the newer GPU's on the market.

About time, a proper Windows 7 bug post without those gate crashers and their "my non microsoft software don't work" and "my driver don't work" comments which have nothing to do with microsoft and windows 7.

It was getting rediculous. I seriously hope it stays like this and people don't come here with their crappy non windows 7 bug issues.

My card has decreased it's score by only .1 compared to Vista and other builds. I think they were still adjusting the correct score.