7100 *bugs only*

not sure if its a bug or just me but sometimes my mouse pointer turns into a little arrow like this ^ and its repeated like 20 or so times. To chnage it back I have to rapidly move the mouse pointer over the screen. Could be caused due to dual monitor setup, becuase ive never had this problem before.

Also sometimes everything white in windows doesnt render quick enough and its covered by black crosses then fades away again.

Just remembered also wmp seems buggy. Was trying to delete some albums, and when ever I right click wmp hang for a min and then continues like normal. Then I try to delete another album and the same thing happens

Thumbnail Taskbar Bug - Never had it.

Windows Colour Picker bug - Works fine for me.

WinSat bug - Is this really a bug? Does it make any difference.

Gadget bug - If MS has changed something in the Gadget system, then its down to the gadget author to react to this.

wmpntwk.exe is raping cpu for some reason, wmp is not even open. I had to go in and disable the service to make it stop.

If you enabled media sharing and something on the network is trying to access your media, it used to do that for me in 7000. But haven't had this problem in 7057. :blink:

May not be a bug but it's quite annoying, apparently I can't take screenshots in games with print screen anymore, it just takes a picture of the desktop.

WMP 12 is buggy as hell...

Sometimes album art omitts. and cannot covert in sync wave file to lower quality mp3s to my blackberry bold devices. try it - you will get errors.

Little off-topic question.

I downloaded 64 bit version 7100 RC before it was released publicly. Havent installed it yet.

I just wanted to know if leaked version is same as this publicly released and does the leaked version have XP Mode. I will be installing it in few days.

I downloaded 64 bit version 7100 RC before it was released publicly. Havent installed it yet.

I just wanted to know if leaked version is same as this publicly released and does the leaked version have XP Mode. I will be installing it in few days.

It's the same.

HI

The only bug I has found is that if the keyboard is docked in the taskbar, my favorites loads very slow in IE8 sometimes. If the keyboard/Language Bar icon is hidden there are no problems.

If you enabled media sharing and something on the network is trying to access your media, it used to do that for me in 7000. But haven't had this problem in 7057. :blink:

I didn't enable it and if it is I don't know where to turn it off, and none of my other pcs were trying to access it because they weren't on.

Even so something trying to access my media shouldn't CONSTANTLY spike my cpu 50%....

Another possible bug I had that was fixed. Windows 7048 + 7-zip and uTorrent (I never used 7-zip when I was on 7000 so I am unsure if the bug was present in 7000 or was due to my upgrade).

Basically when I had 7-zip installed on 7048, if I right-clicked a downloaded file in uTorrent and hit "Open File Location" it would open a 32-bit window (or so it seemed) I could not use the 64-bit 7-zip to unzip a zipped file in that window, and that window would NOT merge with the default Windows Explorer folder on the taskbar.....I had both the default explorer window AND another window that was opened with uTorrent. I could fix this by installing the 32-bit version of 7-zip. Anyway, come 7100 I did a fresh install and I now use uTorrent, 7-zip (64-bit version only) and when I open a folder through uTorrent I am actually able to use 7-zip (context menu is there, vs. 7048 where the context menu was missing if I only had 64-bit installed).

So it was either an OS bug that was fixed in 7100 (possible sooner, somewhere between 7048 and 7100) or a bug caused by my upgrading from 7000->7048 that was fixed with the clean install.

That being said I dont know if it would be something to list unless others could confirm this behavior on older builds, but it was definitely a "bug" that was nice to see fixed on my system.

Cool I'm glad someone else saw this and is benefiting from the fix :) This is one of the bugs I filed! I kept downloading ZIP files from 32-bit IE8 which would then open up in 32-bit Explorer.exe, and which would then not glom together with the original "correct" 64-bit Explorer.exe.

It's the same, md5 is 98341af35655137966e382c4feaa282d :yes:

XP Mode is a separate download, avaiable now for Msdn and TechNet subscribers.

this is a win7/intel driver bug. I have an Inspiron E1505 with an Intel GMA950 grafx card with Win7 RC 64bit. The system runs fine and installs fine with Intel drivers for windows 7. However, with these installed none of the video editing software packages I tried work and they all quit with a message that my graphics hardware is not working with the software (includes Roxio, windows movie maker and a few others).

I downloaded the latest Vista 64 bit drivers from Intel and installed fine (it's saying that there is a newer driver installed, just ignored) and everything is back to normal. No problems and video editing works fine.

anybody else experienced this problem? Hope to see a fixed Intel driver soon.

I disagree....my 4850 gets 6.8 through the gaming graphics test, it also gets 6.8 on the aero graphics test. Your telling me aero is just as intensive as gaming graphics are? Sorry but I find that difficult to believe.

wow, your 4850 can get 6.8?

My gtx 260 SLI can only get 6.5/6.5. :-p,

I guess it is either a bug (windows 7 or driver) or Windows 7 doesn't really like Nvidia cards

After start windows 7 build 7100 it get BlueScreen witch error:

*** STOP: 0x00000124 (0x00000004, 0x84BC98D4, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Can someone have this problem too? What is going on how to fix it? Any idea?

Do you overclock your memory? If so, try to loosing the memory timing or up vdimm.

Yes, a 9600 or 2600 should be fully sufficient for 7.9 in Aero Graphics, because those cards are already fully sufficient to get optimal Aero performance. Any card above that won't get any better Aero performance. It doesn't need room for future cards, because with a 9600 or 2600, Aero is already running at its best, with no improvement left.

7.9 is also how it was until 7048, before it broke in 7057 onwards.

For the actual performance of the card in games and 3D applications, there's already Game Graphics, which is a completely different score - don't mix the two up.

It of course has a much lower score. No card manages to get a 7.9 there now - even a 4870 only gets a 6.8 so there's still room for future cards.

I assume it should be a bug, can anyone give a sample (in windows 7 rc) that Aero Graphics score is different from 3D gaming score?

7100 - Bug

Sometimes I can't create, edit or delete files from/to the desktop. I have to restart and everithing is back to normal.

I hate WMP12, I think Media Player Classic is 10x better or XBMC for that matter.

Nice bug. Luckily MPC has this awesome library system that indexes all your music in a really excellent way...

I've not found any bugs so far, except for the good old minimize-firefox-opens-contact-list bug that's been there since.. forever...

So its normal for my 4850 to get 6.8? Better than a GTX280 and almost as good as a GTX295?

No, thats not very logical.

Dunno, my GTX 280s got 7.9

The timer for cycling of wallpapers isn't reset when hitting Next Background by right clicking on the desktop.

Widgets appearing always on top when they shouldn't. Infact, Always on top seems to be having no effect at all. :s

post-90447-1241250796_thumb.png

the only bug that is still not fixed is the UAC bug where it minimizes itself until you click on it when launching a program. i hope this is fixed by RTM?