7100 *bugs only*

Just checking if anybody else has this. I normally put the taskbar at the top of my screen. This time i notice that after i have set it to the top, restart the system and the taskbar look weird. I've attached a picture cos i don't know how to describe it.

There is an extra transparent layer that is bigger than the taskbar thus covering the "X" button and titles at the top.

Anybody else having this bug and anyway to fix it? U don't get this if you keep the taskbar at the bottom.

There are a couple of ways to fix it... not permanently, as it doesn't prevent it from happening again..

Here's the fast one -

Switch the taskbar to be on the bottom, kill explorer.exe, start it again from task manager, set the taskbar to be on top again.

This happened to me a couple times in 7077.. and I've seen it happen with my clean install of 7100 at the office. I've never seen it happen at home.

re: WinSat complaint -

7.9 is the maximum score it gives for anything.

What is your gfx card? are you using the latest WDDM 1.1 drivers? are they final not beta drivers (rhetorical)

I doubt very much a lot of cards, if any, at this point would be validly given the maximum possible score.

+1 for it was a bug that gave you too high a score, or they scaled it down even further in new builds.

Am I the only one that experiences this? When I try to install a new program,the uac pops but sometimes I click fast enough and the uac windows hangs and I can't do anything about it except to close and restart explorer from the task manager.

lol a bit low? My GTX280 gets 6.5. Lets assume a GTX295 gets a 6.9.

Can you see the scaling pattern here?

I could imagine a GTX380 will get a 7.4 and a GTX395 will get a 7.6 and a GTX480 will push the 7.9 around the time it starts all over again for Windows 8?

Isn't this logical?

So its normal for my 4850 to get 6.8? Better than a GTX280 and almost as good as a GTX295?

No, thats not very logical.

There are a couple of ways to fix it... not permanently, as it doesn't prevent it from happening again..

Here's the fast one -

Switch the taskbar to be on the bottom, kill explorer.exe, start it again from task manager, set the taskbar to be on top again.

This happened to me a couple times in 7077.. and I've seen it happen with my clean install of 7100 at the office. I've never seen it happen at home.

That's not the fast way to fix it. The fast way to fix it is to just leave your taskbar unlocked and then drag the bar to the right side of the screen and back up to the top in one motion. There's a pattern to the bug occurring. You'll get the leftover glass if the bar resizes, or if you move the bar from the top of the screen to the left of the screen, while moving it to the right side of the screen or to the bottom will clear the leftovers. I'm getting reaaaally used to this bug, haha.

I'm not being funny but who cares what their WinSAT score is? It may be a bug or, more likely, a change in the scoring methodology (as the Win7 blog was updated recently with information about it) but at the end of the day it really doesn't matter. Games publishers haven't embraced it and the people it's targeted at - inexperienced users buying a new PC - don't even know it's there. So until these is an official comment from Microsoft can we please just drop it? It's not getting us anywhere and is derailing the topic.

I'm not sure if this is a new bug or not, but I don't recall seeing it in earlier builds. I may have just not noticed.

If I have an explorer window open like the one below and happen to be downloading or moving something into that folder, the new items do not always appear or if they do appear they are not sorted properly until I click on a different folder/drive and come back to it. Notice that I have it set to sort by date modified which I use most often, especially for download folders. The test.zip file I just created and moved to this folder from another explorer window. It should be sorted and show at the top of the list rather than the bottom.

Also, not a bug...just a question. What happened to the free space showing at the bottom when I view status bar? I always loved that feature in vista/xp, but it seems to be missing in win7.

post-288342-1240946852_thumb.jpg

Internet loss bug finally fixed here!

For those who have read my posts "Lose Internet Yet?" in 7077 and 7100 tracking the internet loss bug in every build since 7022, I wanted to post how I finally fixed it on my one (of 4) machine that was affected.

It became clear that this was an adapter driver issue as less people reported it in 7100 and various reports said that Internet loss issues were fixed in 7100. I went ahead and swapped my WUSB54GSCv.2 Linksys adapter on the problem p.c. with another WUSB54GSCv.1 Linksys adapter on another p.c. here which was not affected by the problem. Both computers have now been holding their internet signal for 3 days, even under bittorrent stress testing on the problem p.c.

So it must have been the peculiarities of the p.c. interacting with the adapter, as the problem didn't repeat when the two Linksys adapters were switched machines.

Hope this helps if you are having connection problems. Try swapping out your card or adapter just for trial.

I have IE8 set to clear history when the application is closed, but in build 7100 the history doesn't clear, i have to do it manaually instead, this bug isn't evident in previous builds, i have build 7100 installed on 3 other of my computers and it's there too.

Can anyone confirm this?

So you are saying that every single card above, say a 9600 should get a flat 7.9?

Yes, a 9600 or 2600 should be fully sufficient for 7.9 in Aero Graphics, because those cards are already fully sufficient to get optimal Aero performance. Any card above that won't get any better Aero performance. It doesn't need room for future cards, because with a 9600 or 2600, Aero is already running at its best, with no improvement left.

7.9 is also how it was until 7048, before it broke in 7057 onwards.

For the actual performance of the card in games and 3D applications, there's already Game Graphics, which is a completely different score - don't mix the two up.

It of course has a much lower score. No card manages to get a 7.9 there now - even a 4870 only gets a 6.8 so there's still room for future cards.

For the actual performance of the card in games and 3D applications, there's already Game Graphics, which is a completely different score - don't mix the two up.

It of course has a much lower score. No card manages to get a 7.9 there now - even a 4870 only gets a 6.8 so there's still room for future cards.

That seems low.....my 4850 gets 6.7 in gaming graphics.......a 4870 should give enough of an increase over a 4850 to gain more than 0.1 points.....then again maybe it was designed in a way that the difference between a 4850 and 4870 is 0.1 in their rating, offering expansion much beyond release date.

That seems low.....my 4850 gets 6.7 in gaming graphics.......a 4870 should give enough of an increase over a 4850 to gain more than 0.1 points.....then again maybe it was designed in a way that the difference between a 4850 and 4870 is 0.1 in their rating, offering expansion much beyond release date.

Its not a huge bug, but after trying to connect to an adhoc wireless point, i typed the password wrong, and hit enter to cancel it. After doing so it left the wireless icon unresponsive for a while.

Guess it will still get more once the drivers for Win7 are out of beta.

I have the bug since I was on build 7068, IE8 can not handle more than one tab open at times and the second, third etc tabs dont load any websites and just hang. I wouldn't have thought it would have been a continued bug in the public RC build.

somebody found an awesome BUG!:.

whenever u maximise an explorer window.. u see control panel search box thing...

that is so so so weird.. where the heck does it come from??

it is a frame in the maximising animation??

mistakenly..

but it is a big bug.. totally turns off

somebody found an awesome BUG!:.

whenever u maximise an explorer window.. u see control panel search box thing...

that is so so so weird.. where the heck does it come from??

it is a frame in the maximising animation??

mistakenly..

but it is a big bug.. totally turns off

Like this?

post-70638-1241003294.png

Righto, 7100 have by far been the buggiest of all builds I've tested, with the best one being 7077.

Some issues unique to me for 7100, same drivers that I used in 7077 are used in 7100 as well.

Randomly freezes after being awakened from sleep, have to do cold reboot to fix this.

Screen brightness on my laptop is randomly changed, I get dimmed display for no reason what so ever, and yes, I AM using the computer, this happens during CoD4, while surfing etc.

WinAmp, spotify, WMP etc. crashes when changing songs.

7100 will not recognize my Ethernet connection until I've logged out and logged in to my user if I plug it in when I use the computer.

Cannot kill processes sometimes, neither Windows Task manager or process explorer does the trick.

I feel like it is a big slower too TBH. Anyways last night I woke up and my screen wasnt dimmed or turned off even though it is supposed to dim after 10 minutes and turn off after 20. Anyone else?

Nothing was open (No WMP)

yea same experience here.. its slower.... previously i was using 7057..

and it installed faster then RC even ran tad faster..

other then that ive got sum crashes i never had..

but best part..

there is a crash i used to have on every build due to my old card and the drivers not being new..

my pc used to crash every damn 30min..

but now its reduced alot..

it crashes like once or twice a day.. thats it ...

that is my biggest relief. :)

Possibly a bug:

- Hit configure on a USB Mic and you get taken to..

Control Panel\Ease of Access\Speech Recognition

- Choose Set up Microphone and it defaults to the onboard sound, and theres no way of changing it.