7100 *bugs only*

In my opinion, 7100 should be called beta 2 not RC. It's too early for RC.

How so. they been working on windows 7 since vista was released or a bit sooner and since oh wait it is you that JJ guy the one who thinks Pink bunnies ate your school lunch when you was 10.

nahh but really how so what makes ya think this should be a beta 2 cause i tell you your the only one i have seen think that thus if it was then everyone else would be ****ed cause that mean windows 7 would be delayed and be again a windows vista like crysis in the fact Ms kept delaying it and delaying it .

Go back to the your home JJ and Talk to Imaginary hand out your bedroom wall cause the millions of Faces on the internet dont want of hear it your compliants

How so. they been working on windows 7 since vista was released or a bit sooner and since oh wait it is you that JJ guy the one who thinks Pink bunnies ate your school lunch when you was 10.

nahh but really how so what makes ya think this should be a beta 2 cause i tell you your the only one i have seen think that thus if it was then everyone else would be ****ed cause that mean windows 7 would be delayed and be again a windows vista like crysis in the fact Ms kept delaying it and delaying it .

Go back to the your home JJ and Talk to Imaginary hand out your bedroom wall cause the millions of Faces on the internet dont want of hear it your compliants

Geez, apparently, it's too hard for you to be nice, so you chose to attack him personally. It's his opinion, just respect it, and it's really not a bad opinion either. RC is shaping up very nicely, but it's far from perfect, there's still some few bugs to go. No one wants windows 7 to fail, especially not Microsoft.

wmpnetwk.exe going crazy here. 7057 did not have this problem. It is constantly eating my HDD. :no: I am forced to turn it off because of this. This was reported early in this thread by someone else. The constant HDD chatter and ~20% CPU usage is irritating.

wmpnetwk.exe is Windows Media Network Sharing service.

post-62693-1241525686_thumb.png

Anyone else finding Quicktime video support broken? :\ Tried playing a file in WMP and VLC and I was getting only half the sounds. Open up the Quicktime Player and it plays perfectly. :s

I get this line under my taskbar after I reboot. It only goes away after I unlock the taksbar, move it, and then move it back. Really annoying.

Never had this happen here. What graphics driver are you using?

there is no tab for XF (i guess because i have one card solution?)

Strange... but I haven't used a one-card-solution so far, only two 3870 last year, so I can't say if it's not there with single-card XF.

but i checked gpuz it says 2 GPU XF is enabled

Gpu-Z can't detect Crossfire reliably on Vista or Win7.

upgrade failed. from vista x64 sp1 -> rc.

Upgrading from Vista to Win7 is a bad idea - a lot of things can go wrong there. Upgrading from one OS to the next always has been a bad idea :pinch:

wmpnetwk.exe going crazy here. 7057 did not have this problem. It is constantly eating my HDD. :no: I am forced to turn it off because of this. This was reported early in this thread by someone else. The constant HDD chatter and ~20% CPU usage is irritating.

wmpnetwk.exe is Windows Media Network Sharing service.

Easy solution: Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off > Remove check mark for "Media features" to get rid of the junk :cool:

Then install a decent media player, like KM Player.

Easy solution: Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off > Remove check mark for "Media features" to get rid of the junk :cool:

Then install a decent media player, like KM Player.

I personally prefer WMP (since v9) but can KM Player (never heard of it before) share music/videos to Xbox?

Upgrading from Vista to Win7 is a bad idea - a lot of things can go wrong there. Upgrading from one OS to the next always has been a bad idea :pinch:

Generally, I agree, and don't ever do it. But, this is one of the areas they wanted feedback on, since it is a supported scenario, and one that is likely to happen a lot. So I tested it and submitted the feedback.

hey,

Please tell me that the wireless drop out issue has been fixed.

Wireless still dropping on my end

first of all, i have not read all 11 pages of this thread so maybe my question has already been asked. don't flame me!

anyone else not getting a windows sidebar?

first of all, i have not read all 11 pages of this thread so maybe my question has already been asked. don't flame me!

anyone else not getting a windows sidebar?

That's because there isn't one - Gadgets go directly to the desktop now.

I hope you are all letting MS know about these bugs, otherwise it's useless to post them here if they don't know about them.

Gpu-Z can't detect Crossfire reliably on Vista or Win7.

ding!

i can see Xfire logo in the corner of the screen for the games that i had played.

btw the new 9.5 driver boosted my Graphic score to 6.3

Guys i have a problem with my Windows 7 Build 7100 (this started occuring in Build 6068), whenever i go to power settings and change 'turn off screen' to 1 minute, it shuts the screen off in 1 minute but then flicks back on... I don't know how to fix it or if this is a bug will it be fixed and is there a fix? Thanks :)

I had a problem when I shutdown my laptop, and then close the lid, it would turn itself back on with the lid closed.. It was weird.. Hasn't done it in a while though

To recreate.

Move your task bar to the left.

Resize it larger and smaller.

It leaves a ghost behind.

Running x850xt and q8200

To fix the bug, drag the bar to the bottom, and then back to the left. (Where I like it)

post-29476-1241647818_thumb.jpg

To recreate.

Running x850xt and q8200

To fix the bug, drag the bar to the bottom, and then back to the left. (Where I like it)

I dragged to the left, resized it, back to original again, no ghosting what so ever. Nothing wrong with it, so i cannot say it's a bug, maybe GFX drivers related.

btw the new 9.5 driver boosted my Graphic score to 6.3

Where did you get 9.5? I don't see it on game.amd.com :blink:

To recreate.

Running x850xt and q8200

Moved it from the top (where it belongs) to the left and tried it. No problems whatsoever. (4870 and Cat 9.4)

Did you upgrade from 7077? Many had that issue in that build.

Where did you get 9.5? I don't see it on game.amd.com :blink:

sure!

it is a leaked 9.5 beta w/o CCC

just google Catalyst 8.61.1-090330a (9.5 Beta)

^ Ah ok, maybe it's just me then. It's really not a problem, just something I have with my config. which only happens if I try and recreate it.

It was a fresh format and install.

I run the Windows default (March 2009) drivers for my x850xt because it has legacy support from ATI now.

I could try and install the catalysts, I have found a thread for that to force install.

Although it runs games ok I may just leave it.

I really don't know what they did with the RC, but it seems networking, especially driver support concerning adapters and such, just went straight to crap. I'm seeing countless errors popping up with the RC that people never had with the betas... NEW errors, including one of my own. It's disappointing.

As for the "beta" ATI drivers, it's not 9.5 so stop calling it as such... it's a Win7 only driver... full WHQL support, and it's on ATI's site along with 9.4. The following is both x86 and x64:

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst...windows-7-64bit