7100 *bugs only*

the only bug that is still not fixed is the UAC bug where it minimizes itself until you click on it when launching a program. i hope this is fixed by RTM?

It still happens in Vista in all SPs

the only bug that is still not fixed is the UAC bug where it minimizes itself until you click on it when launching a program. i hope this is fixed by RTM?

That's not a bug. That happens when the program launched isn't no longer the active window. It's by design.

That's not a bug. That happens when the program launched isn't no longer the active window. It's by design.

no biggie, it just annoys me sometimes. 7 is the first os i actually left UAC on by default anyways.

Yes, a 9600 or 2600 should be fully sufficient for 7.9 in Aero Graphics, because those cards are already fully sufficient to get optimal Aero performance. Any card above that won't get any better Aero performance. It doesn't need room for future cards, because with a 9600 or 2600, Aero is already running at its best, with no improvement left.

7.9 is also how it was until 7048, before it broke in 7057 onwards.

For the actual performance of the card in games and 3D applications, there's already Game Graphics, which is a completely different score - don't mix the two up.

It of course has a much lower score. No card manages to get a 7.9 there now - even a 4870 only gets a 6.8 so there's still room for future cards.

wtf , my X2 only got 6.2 !!!

wtf, my X2 only got 6.2 !!!

Odd... Which X2? 3870x2 or 4870x2?

Have you installed Catalyst 8.4? (use separate packages for driver and Control Center, the installer in the all-in-one package won't install the driver)

WMP12 bug/dumb feature.

even with update media info deselected, WMP12 keeps resizing folder.jpg files to 200x200.

I agree, it's buggy. WMP 12 has also screwed up the tags in MP3 when playing it, it shows a different title.

they really screwed up WMP12, WMP11 worked much better.

MP3 tag editor is gone

WMP freezes when you open certain files at start

keeps resizng folder.jpg files to stupid 200x200 size, looks horrible on mp3 player screen

Windows Media Player 12, that is a bug in windows 7 :(

I like it, I like the program in general, but it's playback is now rubbish.

In windows Vista x64 SP1 and/or 2 with a simple Vista Codec pack, Windows Media Player is great, it plays back everything perfectly. In Windows 7 however this changes.

Avi files - Some play through Ok, others stop half way and I am told it cannot find the file (the one that never moved).

MKV - It seems to lag now :( Works fine in Vista though.

This program doesn't like being asked to open a new avi after just playing one either, if I do this too quickly for it, it just crashes :(

Odd... Which X2? 3870x2 or 4870x2?

Have you installed Catalyst 8.4? (use separate packages for driver and Control Center, the installer in the all-in-one package won't install the driver)

4870x2 , the one in my sig

using Catalyst 9.4 @ W7RC

Some weird icon just appeard in systray. No tooltip and no action on click or doubleclick.

Right-click said something about Updates and offered me to open Media Center or install updates.

Smth to to with Media Center updates i guess but no tooltip or explanation on what is actually going on. Weird stuff..

post-7211-1241373314.jpg

Some weird icon just appeard in systray. No tooltip and no action on click or doubleclick.

Right-click said something about Updates and offered me to open Media Center or install updates.

Smth to to with Media Center updates i guess but no tooltip or explanation on what is actually going on. Weird stuff..

post-7211-1241373314.jpg

That's the Windows Media Center update icon. I get that whenever it's updating my channel listings or other online content in WMC.

Hello all,

I don't know if this is a 7100 bug, but anyone here got any troubleshooting tips for Desktop Slideshow?

Mine appears to have just stopped working - damned if I can work out why.

Selected pictures fade in when selected manually, and the wallpaper changes on logon (e.g. after 10 seconds), but never change thereafter.

Is there a background service that takes care of this?

Problem I've noticed randomly on 7100 ... if I empty my recycle bin, the image doesn't change to that empty bin ... it stays as the full icon...

full.png

empty.png

So I connected my Mac to my Windows 7 machine to send some files to it and mid way, the connection dropped and since then I can no longer connect to the machine (after restarting both)....then

SVCHosts are using a ton of CPU.

First one is tied to p2pimsvc (Peer Networking Identity Manager)

If that is disabled two other SVCHost will come up tied to Homegroup Provider Service and DHCP Client, the other tied to RpcSs (Remote Procedure Call)

None of this **** started since I tried connecting with my Mac....Now I'm wondering if I should go back to Vista, because it's acting very funky now. It was running perfectly up until this point. Any ideas?

So I connected my Mac to my Windows 7 machine to send some files to it and mid way, the connection dropped and since then I can no longer connect to the machine (after restarting both)....then

SVCHosts are using a ton of CPU.

First one is tied to p2pimsvc (Peer Networking Identity Manager)

If that is disabled two other SVCHost will come up tied to Homegroup Provider Service and DHCP Client, the other tied to RpcSs (Remote Procedure Call)

None of this **** started since I tried connecting with my Mac....Now I'm wondering if I should go back to Vista, because it's acting very funky now. It was running perfectly up until this point. Any ideas?

Try system restore..

it fixes such problems...

Are you guys satisfied now? Thanks to this thread, Microsoft is delaying the final release of Windows 7 until Nov 2011. ;)

I get this line under my taskbar after I reboot. It only goes away after I unlock the taksbar, move it, and then move it back. Really annoying.

77704383.png

wmpntwk.exe is raping cpu for some reason, wmp is not even open. I had to go in and disable the service to make it stop.

Same thing here!

Another thing, any gamer here has been having issues? I've been experiencing BSODs when playing Unreal Tournament 3, or even NFS Most Wanted! Always the same DirectX driver that causes the problem, DXGMMS1.SYS, in WINDOWS\System32\drivers... STOP: 0x0000007E, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

If anyone has a suggestion... Thanks guys!

Have you activated Crossfire in the Control Centre?

there is no tab for XF(i guess because i have one card solution?) , but i checked gpuz it says 2 GPU XF is enabled

upgrade failed. from vista x64 sp1 -> rc.

downloaded from msdn and burned dvd. ran the upgrade, everything went fine. went to log in, took me to a black screen with just my cursor and the desktop water mark.

waited for awhile... nothing happened. lauched task manager and tried to execute explorer.exe. it loaded up in the processes list for about 3 seconds, and then disappeared. tried rebooting a few times. got nothing.

executed the send feedback command from task manager and sent my upgrade failure and reverted to a windows home server backup.

wonder what happened.