[Official] inFAMOUS

Neowin Karma  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Your first playthrough/only playthrough, what will you pick?

• Good :-D
    • Evil >:|

That was a great watch! Really enjoyed watching it.

The Sucker Punch guys are awesome :)

Would've been nice if that had made it onto the game or special edition.

Yeah, I watched it online and I really enjoyed watching it too (HD is still downloading, 16mins to go). It has only made me want to play the game even more. :)

Just started playing, choose to be good for the first Karma moment, so good it is first playthrough :p

I love that the game has a ton of bronze trophies, trophy unlocks happen more frequently!

Starts awesome, let's hope that continues, I love the comic book cutscenes. At the start when the people start hurling bricks at you, lol.

As we know it ain't gonna be the best looking game to grace the PS3, but this ones probably all about gameplay. Not terrible looking, it's very competent for an open world game, but there's a distinct lack of AA for your eyes to get used to. Open world games on consoles always have trade offs though.

ps. For those with a 5.1+ sound system, the game sounds awesome!

Edited by Audioboxer

Yeah the jaggies have been annoying me no end, especially because there is lots of fly through moments with the camera, you can easily see them dancing around the screen.

Played another few missions, the platforming/climbing is extremely well done. Absolutely everything you think would be climbable is. It's a forgiving system, but if it wasn't it wouldn't be fun at all. It's nowhere near as brain numbing as AC though, you don't just keep pushing the jump button, a little direction and aiming is needed.

And those blast chards are addicting to collect, being able to send out energy pulses to find them makes it even worse :( I'm constantly walking around searching for them lol.

Pro-tip, spend your XP in "Reduced Damage", at least a rank to start off. The game is pretty difficult, it's easy to die. Forgiving check point system but if you get stuck in amongst a horde of reapers they'll tear through you. You start off pretty weak power wise.

edit: lol I just ran through a puddle and it electrocuted someone else who was walking through it :p

Edited by Audioboxer

Cool, just read somewhere Amon Tobin did the soundtrack, love his work (the splinter cell series) and the music was one of the many things that stood out to me in the infamous demo.

Needs a directional indicator on the map to indicate whether an enemy/objective is below/above you :angry:

It has one. If they're above you, the icon on your mini map is a triangle pointing up. If they're below you, the triangle is pointing down. If they're on the same level as you, their icons are square.

Edit: Same goes for objectives. The icons on the mini map will have arrows.

Got the game today. I'm on the 4th mission and I have already turned evil lol

my.php?image=27052009591.jpg

Got the Art book and 5 post cards too :D

Nightz if your planning on being good should you avoid evil missions altogether?

I've just spent an hour or so doing all the netural/one good side mission on the map before progressing the story but I have two evil on the map still. Is the outcome always bad karma from them?

I plan to wait until my exams are over until I get this game (16th June), but damn its going to be hard.

So tempted to buy! :laugh:

Nightz if your planning on being good should you avoid evil missions altogether?

I've just spent an hour or so doing all the netural/one good side mission on the map before progressing the story but I have two evil on the map still. Is the outcome always bad karma from them?

Yeah they'll always give you bad karma. However if your karma is already on the good end, the game won't even let you do the evil missions and vice versa. What you'll find is that there are 30 good/evil missions...15 each. If you complete one on the good side, one of the missions on the evil side will be locked out.

Yeah they'll always give you bad karma. However if your karma is already on the good end, the game won't even let you do the evil missions and vice versa. What you'll find is that there are 30 good/evil missions...15 each. If you complete one on the good side, one of the missions on the evil side will be locked out.

Ah right I'll avoid them then, seeing as I assume it works the other way, evil locking out good!

I seem to be having trouble actually riding the railway line, do i need an extra power for that?

Yes there's a power to be able to grind rails/power lines. Also, the area where you're trying to grind must have the power restored already.

do you have to find side missions or are they added to your map at a set point?

They get added to your map automatically, but I think completing the Satellite Uplink side missions unlock more of them on the map. You can also find the ones that aren't on your map while exploring the city.

Just unlocked the grenade power, thank goodness! :D

Having good fun playing this, but I'll be taking a break soon for the Champions League Final.

I've had the shock grenade for a while - easily the best weapon so far.

I hope not all missions involve fighting through mob of Reavers then going underground. Done it twice already!

The Reavers with the shotguns are grrrrrrrrrr.

Seems the best tactic is to go high, try and get them grouped together and use a Thunder Drop.

im loving the game :D... i have some things to moan about it though.

out of 3-4hours playing. i have died 3 times due to glitches once just while running i fell through the road. into water :o.

the two other times, i got caught like under a vehicle and fall through the road. anyone else had this?

:)