PSP GO Reveal

If this has touchscreen and the silver rings are gone I'll give it a second thought.

I don't understand why people complain for everything.

Doesn't it emotionally stress you out when you have to find something to complain about.. and for what.. brand penis?

We are talking about a product that was released or about to be. Does it emotionally stress you out when someones opinion on the Internet differs from yours?

Peoples complaints lead to better products in the long run (usually)...

I don't understand why people complain for everything.

Doesn't it emotionally stress you out when you have to find something to complain about.. and for what.. brand penis?

We are talking about a product that was released or about to be. Does it emotionally stress you out when someones opinion on the Internet differs from yours?

Yes I lose a lot of sleep over it when people do. It's very very distressing.

You heard correct, but be prepared for most devs to probably only support digital going forward... we're/you're at the mercy of the devs to do dual releases I think.

Remember, digital releases are backwards compatible with old PSPs and right now they'll be curving piracy not doing UMD releases.

By the way, with Bluetooth support I wonder if they'll allow the DS3 to hookup and control the PSP say if you're at Home? Or if you're outputting through a TV.

I'm more curious about how they're going to let current UMD owners play their PSP games on the PSP Go :p I really don't want to have to re-buy my whole catalogue (ok, it only costs of 5 games, but that's still probably going to come to ?100 at least).

I'm more curious about how they're going to let current UMD owners play their PSP games on the PSP Go :p I really don't want to have to re-buy my whole catalogue (ok, it only costs of 5 games, but that's still probably going to come to ?100 at least).

I think that they will have some sort of system that you can verify that you bought the game and you can get the download for free.

It looks ok, design wise. Looks a lot like the Mylo (as said before), but is a lot more portable than the current PSP. That is the main selling point, more portability than the original PSP and UMD less. I would like to see how it goes and if this is just the last revision before they announce the PSP2.

The way that the iPod Touch/iPhone and the DS have been selling I will bet on the next PSP having a touch screen.:yes::

I think that they will have some sort of system that you can verify that you bought the game and you can get the download for free.

It looks ok, design wise. Looks a lot like the Mylo (as said before), but is a lot more portable than the current PSP. That is the main selling point, more portability than the original PSP and UMD less. I would like to see how it goes and if this is just the last revision before they announce the PSP2.

The way that the iPod Touch/iPhone and the DS have been selling I will bet on the next PSP having a touch screen. :yes:

Well that's what you'd like to think, but I just can't put my faith in "what would be the right thing to do", especially when it comes to the big 3. Also, I'm surprised they didn't add in touch-screen support from the get go anyway, it's not like they haven't segmented their market before by making Skype only available to Slim/3000 owners. I really think it would have complimented the PSP quite nicely, especially if you could control the XMB with the touch screen as I said before.

The chances of the next PSP (whenever that will be) not having a touch screen is really slim, touch screens definitely seem to be the way forward in terms of user interaction.

If this stayed under wraps until E3, Sony would have had E3 in the bag.

Stayed under wraps?

Everyone has pretty much known the new PSP was coming for ages :p

I question the "leak" behind this anyway. You don't just make an episode of Qore like this available a few days before E3. Anyone notice in the episode of Qore they say "GT appearing at the upcoming E3" or something to that nature?

I'm pretty sure if E3 had passed and this had come out there would be GT PSP footage in the episode as they clearly said GT PSP will feature at E3, and at the end of the video they say they're going to play it.

If you want my conspiracy theory, it was intentional to put out Qore. If you also haven't noticed there is not one more of the big announcements you might of expected featured in Qore, I would of thought for an after E3 Qore it would of been a whole episode surrounding E3 announcements....

We'll see...

I'm liking it, cant wait to get my grubby hands on one to slap CFW on it :ninja:

Good luck, no removable battery for one thing :p

There will be a way, there always is.

PS3?

If they can prevent it being cracked for a lengthy period of time that'll get devs back on board.

The new PSP is most likely going to need to be a software exploit, no removable battery and no way to attach a piece of hardware like the DS slot cards.

I think the main question out of the door is how safe will these digital only releases be on the old PSPs.

PS3 will be cracked, there is no doubt about it. Its just taking a very long time. It's no surprise when even devs have a hard time using the PS3.

Software won't the only way to crack the new PSP either I bet, you could always open it up and chip it you know :p

I think the main question out of the door is how safe will these digital only releases be on the old PSPs.

Yep. Especially as the DRM on the PS1 downloads for the PSP was cracked very soon after they started them.

PS3 will be cracked, there is no doubt about it. Its just taking a very long time. It's no surprise when even devs have a hard time using the PS3.

Software won't the only way to crack the new PSP either I bet, you could always open it up and chip it you know :p

How safe is that on a device that is digital distribution only?

Look at the way Live bans you from getting online, if Sony do that with your digital only PSP that's a bit of a kick in the nads.

There's no game discs that will come with up to date firmware or anything like that, you could end up with a PSP stuck on whatever firmware you own.

For their to be a massive piracy epidemic again it has to be cracked through software, or an external hardware addon that can be removed.

PS3?

If they can prevent it being cracked for a lengthy period of time that'll get devs back on board.

The new PSP is most likely going to need to be a software exploit, no removable battery and no way to attach a piece of hardware like the DS slot cards.

There is little need to hack the PS3, as its quite an open platform as it is, and downloading 20gb games isn't really gonna drive piracy on the format.

I'm guessing the first hacks will be modchips, however modchips often get locked out (i.e. Wii)

There is little need to hack the PS3, as its quite an open platform as it is, and downloading 20gb games isn't really gonna drive piracy on the format.

I'm guessing the first hacks will be modchips, however modchips often get locked out (i.e. Wii)

Well of course the openness helps, as a lot of the people who can do things in the Homebrew scene aren't just after piracy. With region free games and an element of openness through Linux that will have helped. One of the main reasons for a modchip back in the day before piracy became rampant and internet speeds flew up was to honestly play your imported games. The price of Blu Ray at launch and the complexity of a new processor in CELL helps also, new technology, but we're now approaching 3 years and not much movement has been made in compromising the PS3.

I believe the guy behind HEN or whatever it's called on the PSP has managed to get Homebrew running on the previously uncracked PSP3000, but he's already said no ISO loader is ever coming in HEN. Probably won't be long before DA gets CFW up and running on the 3000.

However keep in mind the 360 was modified for no other reason than to play copies, iXtreme doesn't do anything homebrew wise, there are people who will mod devices for piracy only.