Windows 7 Build 7201 will be leaked very soon!

Although I'm not able to do any measurements, Windows Explorer does seem to navigate folders faster than 7100. It's possible that I had some interfering software installed with RC, but it was noticeably slower clicking through folders than 7201 is.

This is very good news! :D

Please point to an example when MS has gone back a build number? I've NEVER seen it before.

This was done with Windows 98, they surpassed build x.1998.x and then made the final build x.1998. I believe it has happened with another version or two as well.

Also for all of those referencing RC1/RC2 in some interview I read with a MS employee they stated that 7 would not have multiple RC1 and RC2, there would just be one RC > RTM. This being the case any additional/internal builds post RC would be Pre-RTM.

for some reasons WinSAT decided to bump my score to 7.1 :) not yet there but still ...

The reason why scores were lower, especially with graphics cards, I've noticed that ATi cards like my 3870x2 and 4870x2's have roughly the same score (7.1), so I think that's a further bug. But in the past builds, the windows developers admitted their was a bug with the WinSat system which they were going to fix at a later did, which they have, mostly. :p

I personally would like to see HD latency taken into account when calculating the score for a HD....my SSD is so much faster (in terms of latency) than a standard HDD but it also has faster read and write times than a standard HDD (which would explain the change from 5.9 to 6.7).....I have a feeling its not accounting for the 70x decrease (from 14ms latency to 0.2ms latency) in latency from my HDD to the SSD.....but I may be wrong as they don't state exactly how scores are calculated so it might actually take it into account.

Anyone know for sure whether or not latency is taken into effect for HD scores? I would think that large of a latency difference would change the end value by quite a large amount.

The reason why scores were lower, especially with graphics cards, I've noticed that ATi cards like my 3870x2 and 4870x2's have roughly the same score (7.1), so I think that's a further bug. But in the past builds, the windows developers admitted their was a bug with the WinSat system which they were going to fix at a later did, which they have, mostly. :p

;)

Did an upgrade from version 7057... Had some problems:

1. with some Intel Controller that i needed to locate manually on System32 folder or it wouldn't install

2. with the Nvidia Forceware 186.08 that went all screwed up after the upgrade because it did a 'downgrade' to the included driver leaving the newer Control Panel and services

Had to use DriverSweeper in Safe Mode to remove all the Nvidia stuff and reinstall the Forceware 186.08.

3. Windows Mobile Device center was crashing, had to remove and reinstall too.

Now it's all ok :cool: