let the games begin: Forza 3 vs GT 5 comparison pictures

I like the lighting better on GT5 but the model looks nicer on Forza :) Anymore? :D

this is the first batch, i got these from Neogaf, as I get more, ill post em

GT = More glossy

Forza = Duller.

I think GT do much better job at reflection. While it may look slightly exaggerated, it is personally far more attractive looking than Forza. But alas, this is only 1 pic.

Forza has the better car model (lights, door, badge). Better track detail. Better soft shadows and reflections too.

Forza has came a long way since II. :o

The environment looks much nicer on the Forza screen.

Are these even in-game shots, or just pre-rendered/edited? If so, it's not even worth comparing yet.

Forza. The cars looks just as "shiny" in other Forza shots I've seen as that GT5 shot. I think it's a red vs. gray thing. Red it going to show off reflections a lot better than grey.

Forza has the better car model (lights, door, badge). Better track detail. Better soft shadows and reflections too.

Forza has came a long way since II. :o

Reflection? Really? Because those two screenshots tell that GT5 has better reflections.

Anyway, I like the GT5 look better (as with most Gran Turismo), they feel more realistic oriented while Forza, though it looks pretty good, looks more cartoony.

forza'a model is weaker if you look toward the front of the car, gt5

you can't make assumptions based on one non racing pic, only in game pics should apply

The environment looks much nicer on the Forza screen.

Are these even in-game shots, or just pre-rendered/edited? If so, it's not even worth comparing yet.

Both are in-game, both from E3

Forza 3 looks better no doubt IMO. A couple of things are noticeable right away. Environment looks much more detailed. Usually devs do heavy blurs on things in background in order to gain speed increase in processing or to conceal lack of detail or lower quality mapping . Forza 3 has much nicer bump mapping, more detailed and the car looks that it has more polygons, it's more detailed car and sharper details.

Not that it will matter a lot in motion, both will look spectacular but Forza 3 does look a bit sharper and more detailed.

I think the Forza car looks better but really, as is often the case as soon as the camera get dragged into these floating perspectives used to capture these images then often other filters or effects are applied to pretty things up. I'd rather they compared in race shots.

Also they arent THAT different anyway...at least the car models. Once it's moving you probably wouldn't notice the subtle aspects so much and the terrain detail and the like will start to matter more as well as how the game generally performs.

Reflection? Really? Because those two screenshots tell that GT5 has better reflections.

You can pick out the details of the road and barrier in the Forza shot. You can't on the GT shot has very little reflective details. :s

Both are in-game, both from E3

Thanks. Good to know. :)

Also, is there even a driver in the Forza shot? If not, that's kind of stupid. Also the lines on the side of the road look really sad on the Forza shot.

Not really important stuff, but I'm a Forza fan and I have high hopes for it.

The only one thing I'm certain of: Forza will be the best racing sim on 360 and GT5 will be the best racing sim on the PS3 :p

I like the top screenshot (forza I think)

The car overall looks better, and the environment/background. Two different settings, but the whole picture in Forza looks very good, while the bottom picture, only parts of the car look equally impressive as the screenshot above

:pinch: ouch GT5 car looks like cut and pasted into the environment, and the wheels looks terrible, they are trying to be photo realistic but mmm no...

Forza car looks much better (the wheels look fine), but at the end there are not so biiig differences.

You can pick out the details of the road and barrier in the Forza shot. You can't on the GT shot has very little reflective details. :s

it's the angle of the car and the light which is why you can't see reflections on gt5

Touched up bullshot 1 vs Touched up bullshot 2?

Think I'll wait until both games are out and actually complete for this.

And good try passing that off as a GT5 Shot from E3. It's a GT5 Prologue shot from last year... You only need to look at the URL for more proof, let alone I know it's from GT5 Prologue anyway. A game that FTR came out in the same year as Forza 2.

Thanks. Good to know. :)

Also, is there even a driver in the Forza shot? If not, that's kind of stupid. Also the lines on the side of the road look really sad on the Forza shot.

Not really important stuff, but I'm a Forza fan and I have high hopes for it.

the cars aren't moving there in a photo taking pose

It's a GT5 Prologue shot from last year... You only need to look at the URL for more proof, let alone I know it's from GT5 Prologue anyway. A game that FTR came out in the same year as Forza 2.

lol

What about content? Is GT 5 trying to throw in everything but kitchen sink in the game with all the tracks, cars, and modes?

What about content? Is GT 5 trying to throw in everything but kitchen sink in the game?

every car ever made, even the first car...jk i really don't know