let the games begin: Forza 3 vs GT 5 comparison pictures

1856_0013.jpg

1856_0012.jpg

Forza does have decent reflections, but I agree with the people saying we should wait and see. Both will be great games. I personally do not think Forza 3 will look like this when it retails. There is way too much AA going on in these shots.

Look at the tires on the GT5 shot compared to Forza. Forza makes GT5 look like its made by amateurs, and I own a PS3.

If I step back and look at both screenshots, GT5 looks better. It looks more realistic, better lighting, where as Forza 3, while still looking great, looks like the lighting was overdone/too much.

Look at the tires on the GT5 shot compared to Forza. Forza makes GT5 look like its made by amateurs, and I own a PS3.

the tires are more details because they are destructible in Forza 3

GT5 should be a better game overall IMO. I remember watching a race start on Forza from E3, there were the exact same tire smoke, color and integity, from every car on the grid. I lol'd.

GT5 clearly has better lighting and F3 has superior detail.

If you removed the logos and lettering from the pictures, I wouldn't be able to tell which screenshot belonged to which game.

Cm-on guys, it is not even a question. The reason why is...

The car in the GT5 (supposed) screen has windshield wipers and the Forza 2 car does not!!!!

Clearly we have a clear winner!!

:laugh:

The car in the GT5 (supposed) screen has windshield wipers and the Forza 2 car does not!!!!

Look again...

GT5.

The series has a huge following for a reason.

And is also just another reason to be split by Turn 10.

Looks like that monitor of yours doesn't tune to deep blacks and grays :laugh:

Look again...
Looks like that monitor of yours doesn't tune to deep blacks and grays :laugh:

:blush: Well I was just being sarcastic to make a point of saying they both look great, but obviously it was a horrible attempt as now that I look yes, they are indeed there in the Forza shot. :rofl:

Must be my old man eyes though, as I could only see them when I blew the image up.

So with that said, GT5 clearly has more polygons on the wipers themselves so still the better of the two based on the wipers... Again just a joke, trying to salvage the fact I had an Epic FAIL. :laugh:

:blush: Well I was just being sarcastic to make a point of saying they both look great, but obviously it was a horrible attempt as now that I look yes, they are indeed there in the Forza shot. :rofl:

Must be my old man eyes though, as I could only see them when I blew the image up.

So with that said, GT5 clearly has more polygons on the wipers themselves so still the better of the two based on the wipers... Again just a joke, trying to salvage the fact I had an Epic FAIL. :laugh:

Ok, now that you mention it, GT5 wins based on whiper tech alone. GT5, with it's supirior whiper tech, is now the clear winner. Whiper tech like that is ONLY possible on the PS3. I think I'm going to have to smash my 360 and run out to Best Buy and grab a PS3 (literally run, I'm in too much of a panic to drive).

GT5 clearly has more polygons on the wipers

I'm not so sure you could say that. :laugh:

More like the preference of the developers on where they wanted to position the wipers.

GT5 will have the Top Gear Track? WINS.

Forza 3.. Awesome Graphics? WINS.

Therefore, they both win and I"ll be getting both of them for sure :D

Well for starters this isn't a fair comparison, that GT shot is from GT5P and it's a bullshot anyway (it is NOT in-game, taken from a replay and so it has filters etc applied to it to make it look better then it really is). Forza 3 has the superior detail hands down (plus it runs at "FullHD" while GT5 does not), however, from the current GT5 (not GT5P) videos/shots GT may have less detail but the cars look far more realistic, while the Forza 3 cars look a bit like (very detailed) plastic toy cars. The below shot is a GT5 shot, again it is still technically a bullshot as it was taken from a reply so it has extra filters and so on applied to it, so the in-game version will not look as good...still, you can't deny it does look good :)

post-44573-1244352252_thumb.png

Still, even that isn't a fair comparison. Until Polyphony/Sony start releasing undoctored in-game shots of GT5 there is no way to fairly comparison the two, but one thing is clear and that is Forza 3 is by far the most detailed. That is my 2 cents so take with a grain of salt.

and lets not forget, the all important damage..GT may be late to the game on this one but damn the wait was oh so worth it

post-44573-1244354191_thumb.png

I don't know what damage will be like in Forza 3, going by Forza 2 it wasn't that crash hot (in terms of how it affected your car it was damn good, but the physical representation was not as good though). Maybe Forza 3 can match or surpass this but Polyphony has certainly raised the bar :) GT is not going down without a fight, Forza 3 has strong credentials to dethrone GT5 as the definitive car racing game but it's clear Polyphony still have a few surprises for us :)

and lets not forget, the all important damage..GT may be late to the game on this one but damn the wait was oh so worth it

post-44573-1244354191_thumb.png

I don't know what damage will be like in Forza 3, going by Forza 2 it wasn't that crash hot (in terms of how it affected your car it was damn good, but the physical representation was not as good though). Maybe Forza 3 can match or surpass this but Polyphony has certainly raised the bar :) GT is not going down without a fight, Forza 3 has strong credentials to dethrone GT5 as the definitive car racing game but it's clear Polyphony still have a few surprises for us :)

It's kind of unfair to compare every aspect of the games because GT5 has over five years of development time and Forza 3 is being made in a little over two and half years of development time. You can get a lot done in five years, especially with the game not have a clear launch date and could go on into Duke Nukem Forever style development.

It's no loss, the fact that you were being observant is a merit in itself. :cool:

GT5 and F3 are incomparable for me. Both games will have pros and cons that people will like according to their tastes.

I never played GT, I would like to know how is the OST? Forza's OST is just delicious and I love every tune they throw from the loading screens.