let the games begin: Forza 3 vs GT 5 comparison pictures

I knew someone would mention it, have you actually played those games? That tire wear was pathetic and predictable. Plus, as far as I remember, was only enabled during endurance races?

( And why did you create yet another account, don't you get bored of it? )

Uh, but the thing is it had tire wear, its not something Forza invented (neither did GT, but you get my drift).

Err... the Forza one has an empty driver's seat.. the GT one has a driver?

Lol... love the Forza shot though... and looking at the wheel's positioning it's doing a beauty of a drift (with no driver :p)

Uh, but the thing is it had tire wear, its not something Forza invented (neither did GT, but you get my drift).
yeah. Forza has had tire wear too, just like the ancient F1 game on PC from before Forza was even thought of.

The difference is that Forza 3 uses accurate real physics for the tires. to calculate air pressure, friction, contacts surface and wear from all of that. Not a pre determined formula determining wear and grip simply from time and speed driven.

^^ The thing I'm getting at, proper physics based tire wear > Static, pre-determined tire wear.

yeah. Forza has had tire wear too, just like the ancient F1 game on PC from before Forza was even thought of.

The difference is that Forza 3 uses accurate real physics for the tires. to calculate air pressure, friction, contacts surface and wear from all of that. Not a pre determined formula determining wear and grip simply from time and speed driven.

Not only that but Forza 2 had brakes heat up as you push them hard before the turn.

Obviously the GT5 model wins, because it has wipers. What are you going to do in the rain with the Forza model? :laugh:

Obviously get the screen dry with that humour of yours :rofl:

Just to point something out to those mentioning it, Forza games do have a driver and it'll no doubt be the same in FM3. Not sure why they left him out in the screen though.

Just to point something out to those mentioning it, Forza games do have a driver and it'll no doubt be the same in FM3. Not sure why they left him out in the screen though.

The driver is there in some photos and not in others.

basically in photo/shot taken during an actual race will have the driver, the ones without will be taken with a photo mode, or they have a new option during photo to not have the driver there.

but yeah, in actual racing at least all cars have a driver, and from the video a very well made and animated driver.

Wow, old screen shot (GT5: Prologue) VS new screen shot (F3). :no:

I personal don't think that screen shots will help me make a decision. I have been a GT fan since the first one released and I still try every other racing game that is released. I tried Forza 1 and 2, but they did not intrigue me. :/ I will be trying both GT5 and F3 and making my decision on which is better that way.

GT5 car has way more detail. Look at the windows and headlights.

You're confusing textures and glare with details.

and as had been said the lighting is completely different. the GT5 car in in a position where it has light bouncing off of it leaving lots of speculars and reflections.

The Froza car is in a "gray sky" day without direct sunlight, but almost exclusively skylight, skylight notoriusly creates flat lighting and don't give any specular highlights and can make glass (like the headlights) pracically featureless.

Hard to compare a game that's coming out with one that's never coming out...not fair to either :laugh:

No, because they both suck, while only GT sucks :p

Yeah, when it revolutionized Racing games, it suck. :rolleyes:

I am going to be surprised if is going to be better than GT5 actually. As I said in my last post I will try both out still.

I really don't see why this matters at all. If you have a 360 then you're gifted with Forza 3 which will be amazing, and if you have a PS3 then you're gifted with GT5!

It's a win/win situation, and if you have both a PS3 AND and 360 then look out for reviews or rent both before buying a copy of either, if not both!

Yeah, when it revolutionized Racing games, it suck. :rolleyes:

Oh no doubt about it and I give them full credit for what they've done.

But I've always hated the GT series, long before the Xbox/360 were even on the scene. I don't even class it as a sim game because of the terrible handling.

Well personally Froza, I have never liked GT and as far as I know GT does not have customization like Forza and no cockpit view. Plus we can now flip cars and have realistic physics for tires :D I am sold on forza and have been playing it since the first game which still looks pretty damn good for a original xbox game :) BTW if you goto the Forza site they have a in game footage video and it simply looks amazing.....

Since when is forza even in the same stratosphere as GT? Gran Turismo is the undisputed king of driving sims.

Since it's better?

Since it's better?

Have you played GT5 and Forza 3? you can't tell which is better at this early stage. It's fair to say Forza 3 has serious credentials to blow GT away but we don't know for sure. GT5 is still a wild card, until we have both FINAL versions available and then you can sit down and tear each of them apart and decide which is better...while your doing that, I'll be picking them both up and enjoying them for what they are :p :happy: