Aion Online

I understood that the pretty armor is obtainable by PVP only :(

In my opinion, most of the armor is pretty. It's impressive how good it looks even at lvl 7.

yeah I liked the look of the armor.. Even the beginning level armor was nice, I played a mage as I usually do, and really liked the flapping animation of the end of my robe when I cast a spell.

I just pre ordered my copy of the game from Gamestop, but they were all out of the CE :( so I had to get the regular. Looks I might still be able to start the game 48 hours before it hits the shelves so I'll be able to reserve a bunch of character names and get the jump on leveleing so it hopefully wont be too packed in quest areas. As for my beta key, Gamestop said to call them everyday to see if they got keys and cd's in....I'm hoping I make the last closed beta on the 17th.

I think the biggest problem to come from this game is having my girlfriend yell at me for playing it too much. Wonder if I can get her to start playing it :devil:

I pre-ordered mine this morning, but EB Games was out of beta keys... said I can get mine on friday when they get more in ...

I ordered mine from gamestop online. When they sent out the order confirmation it was in that e-mail. So, I had my beta key about 3minutes after I ordered. Maybe you're better off canceling with them and ordering online through gamestop.

it's fine, I work friday evening anyways until 9pm .. so I will just pick it up on the way to work, then play for a bit before I go to bed ... then play when I get home from work on saturday and sunday

alright, now go get that beta client downloading!

I just did a reformat and had to reinstall the entire game. Only took 2 hours.

didnt realize the next beta event was this weekend, because my toon is only level 15 dont think ill get into the abyss

is this the last preview event, before it goes Character Wipe then Open Beta?

I think so. I haven't been too concerned with maxing out because..even though it's months from now I don't want to have to repeat things. I'm just lazy like that. :rofl:

Unless plans have changed:

Upcoming Closed Beta Events

Closed Beta Event #3 - July 2-July 6

Focus: Asmodian levels 1-20

Closed Beta Event #4 - July 17-July 20

Focus: Elyos and Asmodian levels 1-25

Closed Beta Event #5 - July 31-August 3

Focus: TBD

Closed Beta Event #6 - August 14-August 17

Focus: TBD

Looks like we have 2 more after this one.

Aion preorders for regular and collector's are up on steam now. "Buy now and play the Aion beta for free until the full release this fall!"

So I'm assuming for everyone that preorders through steam will be guaranteed a beta key.

Aion preorders for regular and collector's are up on steam now. "Buy now and play the Aion beta for free until the full release this fall!"

So I'm assuming for everyone that preorders through steam will be guaranteed a beta key.

nice

i might pick it up when i get home

any news on what you get with the collectors edition?

read the news on their website but there were no specific details

it might not be a wow killer but wow is killing itself anyways (blizzard is) i think aion is a great looking game and a good option for (ex-)wow players