Aion Online

I can't wait for the beta! I bought the game from Gamestop just a day after the last beta ended. I was a bit disappointed that I had to wait until July 2nd, but that date is almost here. From looking at the most recent video of it, I can tell it will be a success. Do those of you who played in the previous beta know if your character will still be on there, or if you will have to make a new one? Also, when the game is officially launched, will all the servers be wiped clean of all players/equipment?

We were told the characters won't be deleted until the open beta that starts in (unofficially announced) mid to late August. Then after that, they'll be deleted once more before the game goes live. But if you pre-order you get a 48 hour head start and an xp-boost item that gives you 20% more exp for an hour on a 8 or 9 hour recharge timer which is pretty significant. Especially if you're killing in elite areas.

Lets face it. Aion is going to be a success in one way or another.

In Korea certainly.

But what westerners want is a story driven MMO, which is nice and easy with a strong PvE focus. Aion is not that. Every PvP game ever released has had only a small user base. I would put everything I own on Aion not changing that. Just don't expect the world and you won't leave your self open for a huge disappointment.

i agree with spookie, Lineage2 and AoC are good examples, both were heavy PVP, started off good, but lost more and more as time went by. personally im thinking this will do as good as Lineage 2, which is just good enough to survive, not kill

did you see the small link below that that said " No thanks "

its under the Founder Benefits

No. They did a good job at hiding that link. :(

so I got the game downloaded and installed.. But having a problem. Trying to load it up just to get ready and I get a NCGuard or whatever error everytime, and some japanese text in a pop up error window.. Anyone know anything about this?

It's GameGuard, and it's giving me issues as well. Check what error number it is (should be in the titlebar of that error popup) and try to track down some solutions online.

It says it will be 1.5 in the NCrap launcher, I'm going to believe them.

@SMELTN,

Japanese ? The hell ? lol

I guess you have a program running in the background that the NCGuard (or whatever the name is) doesn't like very much.

so I got the game downloaded and installed.. But having a problem. Trying to load it up just to get ready and I get a NCGuard or whatever error everytime, and some japanese text in a pop up error window.. Anyone know anything about this?

what Os you running

GG will not run on windows 7 32 bit FYI you will get the GG error !

i had to upgrade to 64 ( glad i did )

For those running Win7 there is a beta update for GG and Win7. I don't know if it's out yet or not. But it should definitely be out by tomorrow.

Didn't you guys learn your lesson when vista was in testing stages lol?

I tried vista when it was 'longhorn' and hated it.

I tried vista when it was released to MSDN subscribers and hated it. It didn't recognize 95% of my hardware.

I tried vista when it was first released publicly and it only recognized 30% of my hardware.

A year later, I bought a new computer, put vista on it and I haven't had any issues at all with it.

Don't be surprised if the game is giving you issues on an OS it isn't designed to run on.

I'm running with Vista64 and I average 140fps with the game at 1920x1200 on max settings. Game guard hasn't even made an appearance on my computer. I know its there, but it's just doing its job. It does prevent me from opening utorrent while the game is running, but thats fine.

Didn't you guys learn your lesson when vista was in testing stages lol?

I tried vista when it was 'longhorn' and hated it.

I tried vista when it was released to MSDN subscribers and hated it. It didn't recognize 95% of my hardware.

I tried vista when it was first released publicly and it only recognized 30% of my hardware.

A year later, I bought a new computer, put vista on it and I haven't had any issues at all with it.

Don't be surprised if the game is giving you issues on an OS it isn't designed to run on.

I'm running with Vista64 and I average 140fps with the game at 1920x1200 on max settings. Game guard hasn't even made an appearance on my computer. I know its there, but it's just doing its job. It does prevent me from opening utorrent while the game is running, but thats fine.

win7 64 is hawt no chance of giving it up

Well, I'll get it when its release, but I'll never test drive an OS before it's release again after those incidents. Vista formatted a 250gb drive in the background without any sort of notification. I thought it was a virus, but it was the OS as I realized that I hadn't het connected the computer to the internet.

Just curious guys, since I didn't make the last closed beta.

When you try to log in right now, does it say, "We're sorry, but this account does not currently have access to Aion."?

I'm just curious because I want to make sure I applied my beta key correctly and such.

what Os you running

GG will not run on windows 7 32 bit FYI you will get the GG error !

i had to upgrade to 64 ( glad i did )

Well I am screwed then. Windows 7 32 bit is what I am running.. And I am definately not downgrading back to horrible Vista just to play a beta.

Well I am screwed then. Windows 7 32 bit is what I am running.. And I am definately not downgrading back to horrible Vista just to play a beta.

I would suggest uninstalling and then reinstalling tomorrow. They said there's a Win 7 patch for GG coming and I'm not sure if it's included yet. It should definitely be there tomorrow.

The unofficial one is only 64-bit, but this one should cover both.

When you try to log in right now, does it say, "We're sorry, but this account does not currently have access to Aion."?

I'm just curious because I want to make sure I applied my beta key correctly and such.

The game servers are still offline. They will be brought online tomorrow/Thursday noon PT, 8:00 PM BST or 9:00 CEST with many improvements for you to explore:

- Added GameGuard beta file for Windows 7 (please note this file is still in testing and is not yet an official release).

- Added a new full installer (found on FilePlanet).

- Added new launch quality content for the following zones: Poeta, Verteron, Altgard and Morheim.

- Various text changes that fixed broken quests and trainers.

- Various text changes that fixed minor grammatical errors in quests and NPC dialogues.

Your characters have been kept since the last event, so be sure to return to them during this weekend and help us out by providing your very valuable game feedback on these forums.

I don't know that you'd need to uninstall/reinstall. I think the game patcher will fix it up. I hope that's the case anyways. I can understand them not having anything but a beta version of GG for an OS that is not out yet, but it's something they really need to work on considering Win7 comes out a month after Aions release. Although that's really out of NCsoft and Microsofts hands as it's third party software...Gameguard problems that is.

your fine, servers are locked atm

I know, I was just making sure that was the same message other people get too. I didn't want to have anything screwed up on my end.

Can't be all that difficult (or expensive) to fix, but either way they won't do it just because you and me are drooling over Win7 and can't wait to buy it when it's released.

I can't think of a program that doesn't work in Vista (except for really old ones of course).

You'll get that message up until the moment the closed beta goes live. I get that same message right now, and I got it last time until closed beta 2 opened up. Don't worry. If you're getting that far I think the game will run for you.

so far i got everything max and seems like its holding up good ( from the login screen at least, lol ) what is the best bloom option?

also i have a couple check box's that has nothign next to them, any ideas what they are suposed to be ( anybody got a XP/Vista ) options screen @ login i can see to compare ?