Aion Online

Sounds like I might save my time and bandwidth and stay clear of this.

Well pre ordering is free, so it's harsh not to give it a least a try. Just download it over night like I did. If it's not your 'thing' uninstall it.

Yeah, like I'll waste my time with that plus, having a computer running over night in this heat? fat chance. :p My PC is a furnace. Did I have a genuine interest in this or were the user opinions through the clouds, I would find a way ...

Well at least you gave it a chance Spookie.

I remember the first time I played WoW. I made it to level 25 and said '**** it.'. I didn't like the game and it was that simple. Some friends begged me to stay and 'give it a chance'. I capped 2 characters and while I did enjoy passing the time with the game, I couldn't stand the game at the same time. The graphics are begging for an upgrade. The community is... well... extremely childish. I'm hoping to get away from that.

Fourth Closed Beta

* Friday, July 17, 2009 - Noon PT, Monday, July 20, 2009

* Asmodians and Elyos, levels 1-25, and a first taste of the Abyss!

The fourth beta event features both the Asmodian and Elyos races and allows access up to level 25. For the first time, Aion players will get to experience the infamous Abyss, an unstable rift between the two shattered halves of Atreia where the center of the Tower of Eternity used to be. Get ready for a whole new MMO experience with PvPvE - epic battles with hundreds of Elyos and Asmodians fighting both each other and the AI-controlled Balaur!

Hectic zerg fest anyone? :rofl:

I'm personally enjoying the game and can't wait for it to actually release. Though my progress in playing is pretty slow, I'm only getting to play a few minutes here and there. I think my priest is now lvl 7 or so. :woot:

I'm personally enjoying the game and can't wait for it to actually release. Though my progress in playing is pretty slow, I'm only getting to play a few minutes here and there. I think my priest is now lvl 7 or so. :woot:

Thats the same thing happening here. THe girlfriend keeps asking me to do stuff.

The community is... well... extremely childish. I'm hoping to get away from that.

In a PvP centric game? GL with that. :p

From my experience. PvE games have condescending elitist bellends while PvP games have meme destroying ###### who will go out of their way to destroy your experience. :(

Scraggles is mighty defensive about his thread :p

I think you misunderstood me, by the way - I do like the game, but it's far from being ready (and awesome).

Hell, I can have an opinion, can't I ?

I'm a 15 Chanter (though playing on EU so I can't see you guys ingame :() and it was a smooth ride so far, except at the beginning.

I've looked in the beta forums and almost every issue I have with this game is reported and hopefully NCSoft will take notice of that.

See, it's not just me that finds bad things about Aion, it's their own beta testers devoted to reporting bugs and suggestions ;)

Just in case anyone from EU sees this:

Name: Inclined

Server: Ariel (haha my hometown)

Hope to see someone ingame..

Dude man guy peoples, I am in love with this game.

Please post your player's name and what level, faction, etc. you are, for possible groupage, maybe even gropage...

Too much Jack Danny.

man I really do like this game and the armor you get are awesome at end lvl, it jsut to bad my computer can't handle it like some of you. I had to wait 2-3min for the first cutscene when you enter the abyss at like lvl4 or 6. sigh one game i guess i gotta sit out on T_T.

Is there a way to get invites to beta test? Judging from the feedback I'd like to try this game out.

I'd suggest keeping an eye on the gaming sites out there. Some of them have been giving out keys. Aside from that, the preorder is an option. If you aren't willing to preorder(which you can cancel if you don't like it) then I believe in august there is going to be an open beta.

Is there a way to get invites to beta test? Judging from the feedback I'd like to try this game out.

As Scraggles said, in the second half of August the open betas will start.

Also for all the latest news on beta keys...I believe there is only one event left that starts on july 17th...keep an eye on aionsource.com. They'll have the latest on key giveaways. And I'll most likely post any new info along those lines in this thread as well.

I can't stay off of this game. I've got 6 characters to level 10 or higher this weekend alone. I'm addicted. I'm sad that this beta is coming to an end. :-(

This was within the first minute of the beta starting on thursday. It was a full house! Everyones playing Aion

Aion0040.jpg

got to lvl 15, and cause ill be @ work till after servers close, thats about as far as im going to get this round, when next beta rolls around, dont know if ill hit cap.

sucks that stuff are selling things so expensive, dont know why as there is only 3 more days for the next beta event, total of probally 3 days and 1 month ( for open beta ) then its all getting wiped.

man I really do like this game and the armor you get are awesome at end lvl, it jsut to bad my computer can't handle it like some of you. I had to wait 2-3min for the first cutscene when you enter the abyss at like lvl4 or 6. sigh one game i guess i gotta sit out on T_T.

I understood that the pretty armor is obtainable by PVP only :(

Well I must say the game is pretty well made, although it just doesn't float my boat. Its to Asian, to much like playing Guild Wars/Final Fantasy for me.

It is a great polished game, and I can see it pulling in some good numbers, but again it just doesn't suit me. Hope everyone enjoys it.

there are diffrent levels of armor, Abyssal is the pvp, there is also Draconic and a couple others, will find the pic's

I understood that the pretty armor is obtainable by PVP only :(