Aion Online

Goods news, everyone. I just got word (talk about timing!) that we are increasing the server population caps on our full servers imminently. Stand by and I'll verify when this is being put into practice.

Your just and noble,

Ayase ~ Sebastian Streiffert

Community Manager

Do not miss vital information - follow me on Twitter now: aion_ayase

http://www.aionsource.com/forum/aion-discu...-status-27.html

You have to have pre ordered before a certain date to get in I think. I want to say you had to do that before Sep 9th but that doesn't seem right, because I know a lot of people have ordered within the last week and are getting in.

If you go into your account on aiononline.com it should say your account type is preorder, or standard, if you bought through Steam or the NCsoft store.

Also they had to delay the log in about 40 minutes because they needed to apply a last minute patch. No biggie. As soon as the servers were up I got in instantly.

I got in at last but I couldn't really decide what server to play on :p

Half my legion was able to create on Zikel and the other half couldn't get in. Fortunately it just unlocked..but you can only make Elyos currently.

We will have to play some time.

I'm on the west coast, so it's 12 pm for me. :laugh: And I have no work or any other commitments on monday, too. But I'm playing with others so I won't be able to play until later in the day on monday.

not official as these are the plans for my Lineage 2 account, but as its all done though PlayNC, the Time cards are universial, it should be teh same billing for Aion

post-36462-1253424339_thumb.jpg

Probably $14.99 a month. And I'm pretty sure they offer 3 month, 6 month, and maybe a 1 year subscription but I'm not sure on that yet.

Almost every single MMO since World of Warcraft had the same group of hardened defenders trying to fight for the game, tell us how much better it is, what it does right and how awesome it is. Fast-forward a few months post-launch at the subscriber numbers hit a peak, then slowly start to decent. Servers are merged, half-arsed content is released which gain the utmost praise from the defenders yet the subscriber count still dwindles - A year or so after launch you have a mediocre MMO trying to 'find a place' in a market controlled by a giant.

I foresee same fate for this game.

Reason why you can make these kind of predictions lies in the nature of Mass-Multiplayer Online games - The fact you create a permanent online persona you constantly build and evolve, you don't just go "meh" and jump to the next game. So as soon as something establish itself as the 'giant' it's very hard to get rid of or surpass. Not saying AION needs to surpass WoW but I doubt it will go above and beyond any of the other MMOs out there that tried.

I have to agree with this statement, its happened to many mmorpgs (and I've been around since Meridian 59!) and I can see the same thing with this. Yes it looks pretty (characters only, textures are rough) but it doesn't really have any lasting appeal for me. WoW is better in the sense it feels more fluid, this just seems like a grindy game (yes, similar to WoW) with very little different offerings to others already out there. Yes it's stable and that's great but is it fun? Well.. Not too much for me.

I think the only mmorpg I look forward to is Knights of the Old Republic as it's fully voiced, that's different and will make it more immersive. Some where, some time a company will develop an mmorpg that not a grindfest and offers unique paths per player. I hope I live long enough to see that day!!