BREAKING NEWS...Michael Jackson dies of cardiac arrest

Pop star Michael Jackson has died in Los Angeles, aged 50.

Paramedics were called to the singer's home around midday local time on Thursday after he stopped breathing and suffered a suspected cardiac arrest.

He was rushed by ambulance to a local medical centre, but his death was announced shortly afterwards.

The star, who had a history of health problems, had been due to begin a series of comeback concerts in the UK on 13 July.

Jackson had a history of health problems and had not completed a concert tour in 12 years.

BBC News

"This thread has just undergone a MASSIVE cleaning to the tune of 137 posts. Let's keep it civil, trolling will not be tolerated."

warwagon

Edited by warwagon

Yikes! Not enough time in the 'ol oxygen chamber lately? J/K.

It has been said that things happen in 3's. If this is the case, then we have Ed McMahon as the first star to die this week, Farah Fawcett today, and I would hope nobody else, but I have seen the pattern before....Makes one wonder...

Hopefully he makes a recovery and stays out of trouble.

Foxnews has live video of the outside of his house for some reason....

Edited by Medfordite

Call my cynical but I don't believe it. How is MJ allowed to sell tickets to gigs he doesn't show up for due to whatever illness he has on that occasion over and over?

Taken from the BBC report "He has a history of health problems and has not completed a concert tour in 12 years."

why is everyone hoping he's ok? just because he had some good records and all that ... he's still a freaking pedophile, and that by no means is ok.

i didn't even hear about poor old ed passing until yesterday. must be a conspiracy in Hollywood as all of these stars are dropping like flies the past few years. anyways with all of michael's $$ issues and lawsuits, broken career i wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't self induced....."drugs".

why is everyone hoping he's ok? just because he had some good records and all that ... he's still a freaking pedophile, and that by no means is ok.

please grow up and don't turn this thread into a flame war. he was found not guilty.... /end of story!

Oh if it's true I feel so sorry for his poor family, say what you like about the guy he was father to those kids and they don't deserve to lose their dad :(

Yeah he was a father to his white kids... When he wasn't hanging them over balconies.

Unless those times are Eastern, which California is not, then they're way off. It's not even 3PM there yet.

Edit: If true, my condolences to those close to him.

yup my local radio stations and news say he just died. :(

well if it's true here comes the world outcry, endless tributes and non-stop media coverage for a month. this will be much bigger than when health legder died. i bet any $$ it was drugs.

Guess they do come in 3.

As a musician, I truly loved him. I didn't care too much about the sideshow freak that he was. But still, a true legend that influenced me heavily when I first got into music as a kid. He will be missed.

RIP

Guys, lay off on the pedo/weird behaviour accusations please? Let's save it for another time...

Still shocked this suddenly happened. :/

And here goes a twitter storm...Linky

Just looked in there, and everyone seems to be pre-occupied with the TMZ report and also looking for confirmations.