BREAKING NEWS...Michael Jackson dies of cardiac arrest

Love him, or hate him, can we please have respect for the deceased and what the man did for music if he has passed?

Please?

All the news sources say he has been hospitalized, no one has said he is dead yet. At lest non that I can find.

i hear he's dead and a speech will be made shortly.

It still has not been confirmed if he is or isn't dead. I tried getting on the Reuters.com web site and it's being hammered, so it's not possible to get the news from a reliabe source right now.
Michael Jackson Dead

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Pop giant Michael Jackson, who took to the stage as a child star and went on to set the world dancing to the thumping rhythms of his music for decades, died Thursday, TMZ website reported. He was 50.

"We've just learned Michael Jackson has died," TMZ said.

"Michael suffered a cardiac arrest earlier this afternoon and paramedics were unable to revive him. We're told when paramedics arrived Jackson had no pulse and they never got a pulse back," the entertainment site said.

There was no official confirmation of the reported death and spokespersons for Jackson could not be reached for comment.

Earlier, the Los Angeles Times said that the singer had been rushed to a Los Angeles-area hospital by fire department paramedics who found him not breathing when they arrived at the singer's home.

The newspaper said paramedics performed cardiopulmonary resuscitation at the scene before taking him to the UCLA Medical Center hospital.

Jackson had been due to start a series of comeback concerts in London on July 13 running until March 2010. The singer, whose hits include "Thriller" and "Billie Jean," had been rehearsing in the Los Angeles area for the past two months.

The shows for the 50 London concerts sold out within hours of going on sale in March.

Jackson started out as a child star in the band "The Jackson 5" more than 40 years ago.

He has lived as a virtual recluse since his acquittal in 2005 on charges of child molestation.

There have been concerns about Jackson's health in recent years but the promoters of the London shows, AEG Live, said in March that Jackson had passed a 4-1/2 hour physical examination with independent doctors.

(Additional Reporting by Jill Serjeant; Writing by Frances Kerry, Editing by Jackie Frank)

How friggin dare anyone out there make fun of Michael after all he's been through.

He lost his house, he went through a divorce. He had two friggin kids.

His wife turned out to be a user, a cheater, and now he's going through a surgery battle. All you people care about is...readers and making money off of him.

HE?S A HUMAN! What you don?t realize is that Michael is making you all this money and all you do is write a bunch of crap about him.

He hasn?t performed on stage in years. He's heard a song is called ?give me more? for a reason because all you people want is MORE MORE MOREE MORE.

LEAVE HIM ALONE! You are lucky he even perfs for you Bar Stuarts!

LEEEAVE MICHAEL ALLLLLONE!... Please.

Peris Hilton talked about professionalism and said if Michael was a professional then he woul"...hot..."""...no matter what...""

Speaking of professionalism, when is it professional to publically bash someone who is going through a hard time.

Leave Michael alone Please. Leave Michael Jackson aloneNOW!W! I mean it!

Anyone that has a problem with him you deal with me, beacuse he's not well right now.

leave him alone!

Michael was definitely a strange character for the final parts of his life but let's not forget that he was never found guilty in a criminal or civil court for accusations of child molestation - famous people are susceptible to malicious fake claims to extort cash and there was not anyone richer or more famous than Michael.

Whatever your thoughts on him as a person, you cannot deny his music was seminal in many many ways.

For crying out loud, even Reuters is using TMZ as the source, there goes a reliable source if they have to rely on TMZ.

why is everyone hoping he's ok? just because he had some good records and all that ... he's still a freaking pedophile, and that by no means is ok.

At least all the kid in the world are safe from another predator.

why is everyone hoping he's ok? just because he had some good records and all that ... he's still a freaking pedophile, and that by no means is ok.

At least all the kids in the world are safe from another predator.

How friggin dare anyone out there make fun of Michael after all he's been through.

He lost his house, he went through a divorce. He had two friggin kids.

His wife turned out to be a user, a cheater, and now he's going through a surgery battle. All you people care about is...readers and making money off of him.

HE?S A HUMAN! What you don?t realize is that Michael is making you all this money and all you do is write a bunch of crap about him.

He hasn?t performed on stage in years. He's heard a song is called ?give me more? for a reason because all you people want is MORE MORE MOREE MORE.

LEAVE HIM ALONE! You are lucky he even perfs for you Bar Stuarts!

LEEEAVE MICHAEL ALLLLLONE!... Please.

Peris Hilton talked about professionalism and said if Michael was a professional then he woul"...hot..."""...no matter what...""

Speaking of professionalism, when is it professional to publically bash someone who is going through a hard time.

Leave Michael alone Please. Leave Michael Jackson aloneNOW!W! I mean it!

Anyone that has a problem with him you deal with me, beacuse he's not well right now.

leave him alone!

:sleep:

I am shocked to hear the news. He did suffer from a lot of problems in his life but his music was sublime. Thriller and Bad two of the best albums ever! He is up there with Elvis and The Beatles in terms of influence.

Everyone should remember him for the amazing music he brought to the world.

According to CNN, which I'll believe before the trash that is TMZ, has reported that he was revived.

(CNN) -- Entertainer Michael Jackson was taken to a hospital on Thursday after suffering cardiac arrest, sources briefed on the situation told CNN.

A Los Angeles fire official told CNN that paramedics arrived at Michael Jackson's home after a 911 call.

Paramedics revived Jackson before taking him to the hospital.

Fire Capt. Steve Ruda told CNN a 911 call came in from a west Los Angeles residence at 12:21 p.m.

Ruda said Jackson was treated and transferred to the UCLA Medical Center.

Asked specifics of the patient's condition, the spokesman said he could not discuss them because of federal privacy laws.

advertisement

The music icon from Gary, Indiana, was known as the "King of Pop."

Edit: bolded wrong section :D