BREAKING NEWS...Michael Jackson dies of cardiac arrest

Do you really think you can bleach your skin? comon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitiligo

Alternatively, some people with vitiligo opt for chemical depigmentation, which uses 20% monobenzone (monobenzylether of hydroquinone). This process is irreversible and generally ends up with complete or mostly complete depigmentation.

What is up about that?

What about the hair? And the nose?

Alternatively, some people with vitiligo opt for chemical depigmentation, which uses 20% monobenzone (monobenzylether of hydroquinone). This process is irreversible and generally ends up with complete or mostly complete depigmentation.

What is up about that?

What about the hair? And the nose?

"In 1979, Jackson broke his nose during a complex dance routine. His subsequent rhinoplasty surgery was not a complete success; he complained of breathing difficulties that would affect his career. He was referred to Dr. Steven Hoefflin, who performed Jackson's second rhinoplasty and other subsequent operations."

"Jackson suffered a setback on January 27, 1984. While filming a Pepsi Cola commercial at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles, he suffered second degree burns to his scalp after pyrotechnics accidentally set his hair on fire. Happening in front of a full house of fans during a simulated concert, the incident was the subject of heavy media scrutiny and elicited an outpouring of sympathy. PepsiCo settled a lawsuit out of court, and Jackson gave his $1.5 million settlement to the Brotman Medical Center in Culver City, California, where he had been treated, allowing the hospital to acquire the best available technology for treating severe burns; Brotman subsequently renamed its burn ward "Michael Jackson Burn Center" in his honor. Jackson had his third rhinoplasty shortly afterwards and grew self conscious about his appearance."

please dont put reality and facts in their face, they cant take it.

Oh no, by all means, I welcome facts.

please dont put reality and facts in their face, they cant take it.

Sad really. I was never a huge MJ fan, but I still appreciated his music and I to be honest I never really thought he was guilty of anything. I always viewed it as the family was out for money. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can for damn sure tell you that if my child was ever sexually molested I wouldn't drop the charges. That's bull****. The family was out for $$$.

MJ was so misunderstood. He was insane, no doubt about it, he had his mental issues, but he is still a legend who helped shape the face of music. Oh and I think sanity is overrated BTW ;)

I hope in his final moments he was at peace with himself!

It's also been suggested that he had BDD.

He stated in an interview that he didn't even like to look at him self in the mirror. As a teen he had pimples (like most teens) and his father made fun of it. He said he would wash his face in the dark, because he couldn't stand to look at himself.

Also, I said that "You people are the same ones that think he bleached his skin because he didn't want to be black anymore"

In 1993 (or whenever that interview was done with Oprah) -- she asked him if he bleached his skin. That's when he first admitted publicly he had vitiligo. He also said he had no idea what bleaching your skin meant. He said he used make up to even it out. Perhaps later on when technology advanced there was a way to "bleach" or permanently even out his skin with permanent make up and that's what he did. The fact of the matter is he had a horrible disease and did the best he could to help it.

He was also just diagnosed with skin cancer. That's the reason he was in and out of doctors for a few weeks. Also why he always had umbrellas, masks, veils (sp). People thought he was weird for that too.

He did admit that he had sleep overs with kids. But if in fact he did have a 'mind of a child'. Then in HIS MIND, their was nothing wrong with that. Going by that theory, what kid has sexual thoughts while in bed with another kid?

All of that "evidence" was IN COURT, but the jury did NOT find him guilty.

Saying he was a pedophile is like saying 911 was an inside job. Whether If it happened or not, there is/was no proof.

Get over it. He's dead. This is supposed to be a time to look back at what he accomplished, not what he didn't do right.

Beyonce Remembered MJ during her concert!!!

Beyonc? pays tribute to Michael Jackson..

As the crowd filtered into the Wachovia Center last night to see Beyonc? Knowles, the arena was filled with the songs of the late Michael Jackson, a little more than a day after the news broke of his shocking death. One after another - "Billie Jean," "Beat It," "Thriller" - they paid tribute to the singer who left a profound mark on Knowles' career.

Halfway through the show, she made the debt explicit. "If you know anything about me, you know that the reason I'm here is because of Michael Jackson," she said. "He taught me just about everything I know." Her immaculately confident stage persona cracked just for an instant, and her voice caught ever so slightly in her throat as she said, "He was my hero."

Knowles followed with a version of Jackson's "I Can't Help It," coaxing the crowd to raise their voices along with hers. As the song neared its peak, she built one vocal run on top of another, climaxing by singing, "Thank you, Michael," words that echoed back at her from the back rows.

Knowles has never been shy about acknowledging Jackson's influence. In 2006, while presenting him with a World Music Award, she said, "If it wasn?t for Michael Jackson, I would never have ever performed. He?s made such an impact on my life and every performer?s life." Last year, as part of her "Sasha Fierce" alter ego, she began sporting a titanium "roboglove" on one hand, emulating - consciously or not - Jackson's single rhinestone-studded glove.

Moreover, Jackson, a consumate singer and dancer who shifted identities with every new album, exploited the nascent medium of music video to blur the line between art and endorsement; his videos were commercials, and his famed 1984 Pepasi commercial doubled as promotion for his music. Knowles has taken the full court press media strategy to even greater lengths, in the process signing a deal with the same soda company as her idol.

Nia Evans, a 15 year old from Wilmington, DE wore a homemade t-shirt reading, "Michael Jackson will live forever" to the show. "Michael Jackson was hip-hop and I love him and he's gone," she said. "He was the icon of the old generations, and Beyonc? is the icon of this generation."

Edited by JediXAngel

All that is heard in the news is that the guy died and did some "great" things. Well I say wtf? He also made the news a number of times for pedophillic activities. How easily people are forgetting that tasty fact. Society, mostly the media, are really screwed up. IMO

a) Innocent until proven guilty

b) Pedophilia has nothing to do whatsoever with being a great musician. Just because he molested kids does not in any way diminish his status as a cultural icon or "King of Pop", because that's what he was. It's like saying that Hitler was not a great leader because he massacred millions of people... which I heard people say too.

It is rather shocking MJ is dead... he was a superstar and a massive celebrity, moreso for the fact that nearly 95% of the population probably knew him!

The other shocking thing is that this has really shown you never really know what is round the corner... how they had planned all these shows, and the next thing, he is dead!

I was never really a fan of MJ, but I most certainly have several of his songs on my iPod and they're always played on a night out clubbing!

IMHO, I don't think MJ was a paedo - I just think he was amazingly like a child, had the mental state of a child and did not realise the consequences of his actions. I really do believe he had children in his bed... watching TV! Hey, if it was a woman, I doubt anyone would think twice about it! But because it was a man, and tbh a 'weird' one at that... questions were raised.

I think the parents just did it to get money out of him. Also - if you know someone who had been accused of molesting a child before (and paid them off)... would you as a responsible parent let your children stay round there again???

He was a weird man, who produced fantastic music that will long outlive him and will continue to be popular.

As I said, I was never really much of a fan, but R.I.P King of Pop!

This is pretty much what I thought too. I was never a fan either.

Elton John sings a moving tribute to Michael Jackson

Elton John had guests at his charity bash in tears as he sang a moving tribute to Michael Jackson.

Sir Elt performed a special rendition of Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me during the White Tie and Tiara Ball.

The annual event on Thursday turned into a sober affair as news emerged that the King of Pop had died.

Justin Timberlake, 28, performed an hour-long set for the 400 guests, unaware his childhood hero had passed away.

Shock He looked tearyeyed with emotion as he left the Windsor mansion in a chauffeurdriven car.

Devastated Justin said in a statement: "We have lost a genius and a true ambassador of not only pop music but of all music.

"I will always cherish the moments I shared with him on stage."

A source said: "Justin broke down in shock backstage after he was told of the news. No one could believe it. The event was for charity so it wouldn't have been appropriate to cancel it."

Elton and his husband David Furnish raised more than ?6million for charity. Celebs, including Hugh Grant and Liz Hurley, bid on lots such as a ?60,000

Michael Jackson: the best of the tributes

Michael Jackson's death has prompted an outpouring of grief from figures across the world. Below are the best of the tributes paid to him:

Dame Elizabeth Taylor, a close friend: "My heart... my mind... are broken. I loved Michael with all my soul and I can't imagine life without him.

"We had so much in common and we had such loving fun together.

"He will live in my heart forever but it's not enough.

"My life feels so empty. I don't think anyone knew how much we loved each other. The purest most giving love I've ever known.

"Oh God! I'm going to miss him. I can't yet imagine life with out him. But I guess with God's help... I'll learn. I keep looking at the photo he gave me of himself, which says, 'To my true love Elizabeth, I love you forever'. And, I will love him forever."

Reverend Al Sharpton, civil rights campaigner and close friend: "Michael Jackson made culture accept a person of colour way before Tiger Woods, way before Oprah Winfrey, way before Barack Obama.

"Michael Jackson was a trailblazer. He was a historic figure that people will measure music and the industry by."

Uri Geller, illusionist and close friend: "I'm shocked and devastated. I am hoping this is a dream I will wake up from, but it is not. Michael is dead.

"Michael was a genius. There was so much more to come from him. He will be greatly, greatly missed."

Arnold Schwarzenegger, actor and Governor of California Governor: "Michael was a pop phenomenon who never stopped pushing the envelope of creativity.

"Though there were serious questions about his personal life, Michael was undoubtedly a great entertainer and his popularity spanned generations and the globe."

Sir Paul McCartney, singer songwriter: "It's so sad and shocking. I feel privileged to have hung out and worked with Michael. He was a massively talented boy man with a gentle soul. His music will be remembered forever and my memories of our time together will be happy ones."

Quincy Jones, musician and record producer who collaborated with Jackson on Off the Wall, Thriller and Bad: "He was the consummate entertainer and his contributions and legacy will be felt upon the world forever.

"To this day that music is played in every corner of the world, and the reason is because he had it all ? talent, grace, and professionalism."

Madonna, singer: "I can't stop crying over the sad news. I have always admired Michael Jackson.

"The world has lost one of the greats, but his music will live on forever! My heart goes out to his three children and other members of his family. God bless."

Britney Spears: "I was so excited to see his show in London. We were going to be on tour in Europe at the same time and I was going to fly in to see him. He has been an inspiration throughout my entire life and I'm devastated he's gone!"

Lisa Marie Presley, who was briefly married to Jackson in the mid-1990s: "I am so very sad and confused with every emotion possible.

"I am heartbroken for his children, who I know were everything to him, and for his family. This is such a massive loss on so many levels, words fail me."

Brooke Shields, actress who briefly dated Jackson: "My heart is overcome with sadness for the devastating loss of my true friend Michael.

"He was an extraordinary friend, artist and contributor to the world. I join his family and his fans in celebrating his incredible life and mourning his untimely passing."

Dionne Warwick, singer and Jackson's friend: "We have lost an icon in our industry and my heartfelt condolences go out to his family and children in this hour of sorrow that they are now going through.

"He will live on in my memory and most definitely through the music he shared with so many."

Justin Timberlake, singer: "We have lost a genius and a true ambassador of not only pop music, but of all music.

"He has been an inspiration to multiple generations, and I will always cherish the moments I shared with him onstage and all of the things I learned about music from him and the time we spent together."

Martin Bashir, broadcaster who made controversial documentary about Jackson: Many of us were excited about the prospect of him performing in London.

"Thousands of people had bought tickets from all over the world and now to hear this news is very, very sad.

"I think it's worth remembering that he was probably singly the greatest dancer and musician the world has ever seen."

Slash, guitarist from the band Guns N' Roses, who performed on Jackson's 1991 hit Black or White: "Really sad news about Michael. He was talent from on high."

Liza Minnelli, singer and friend: "He was a kind, genuine and wonderful man. He was also one of the greatest entertainers that ever lived. I loved him very much and I will miss him every remaining day of my life."

Steven Spielberg, film maker: "Just as there will never be another Fred Astaire or Chuck Berry or Elvis Presley, there will never be anyone comparable to Michael Jackson. His talent, his wonderment and his mystery make him legend."

Chuck D, rapper from the group of Public Enemy: "Jackson probably died of a broken heart and a broken soul. ... He was a victim of the drug of celebrity and he was never trained to wean himself off it."

Martin Scorsese: "Michael Jackson was extraordinary. When we worked together on Bad, I was in awe of his absolute mastery of movement on the one hand, and of the music on the other.

"Every step he took was absolutely precise and fluid at the same time. It was like watching quicksilver in motion."

Mark Lester, childhood friend and godfather to Jackson's children: "The last time we saw him he was in London a few weeks ago.

"He was absolutely fine. I can't believe this, it's such a shock.

"I'll always remember him as being a very sweet, kind and loving man."

Cher, singer and actress: "When I think of him, I think of this young boy, this teenager I first met ? He was a great teenager, optimistic and adorable."

Jane Fonda, actress: "I am stunned. My friend, Michael Jackson is dead. He lived with me for a week on the Golden Pond set after 'Thriller.' "

Serena Williams, tennis player: "Even though I met him, knew him, if I saw him on the streets I still would have been like 'Aaaah!'. He is just iconic on all levels.

"He was definitely the ultimate celebrity. Any celebrity who met Michael Jackson was completely (in) awe, I know I was."

Lenny Kravitz, singer: "He was a boy that God blessed with the most angelic voice. Just listen to an early Jackson Five album and listen to that voice. The purity, the feeling, the interpretation of the lyrics.

"At the age of 10, he was on par with James Brown and Aretha Franklin. But the thing he had that they could not match was the fact that he was a child. But at the same time he sang as an adult. That line between child and experienced adult took his expression to an unmatched level.

"I got to work with Michael on a track that has not been released and it was the most amazing experience I've had in the studio. He was funny. Very funny and we laughed the whole time. I also saw what a beautiful father he was. He was a beautiful human being."

Mariah Carey, singer: "I am heartbroken. Let us remember him for his unparalleled contribution to the world of music, his generosity of spirit in his quest to heal the world, and the joy he brought to his millions of devoted fans throughout the world.

"I feel blessed to have performed with him several times and to call him my friend. No artist will ever take his place. His star will shine forever."

Coldplay, band: "MJ was the best of the best. His music and performances made the world a brighter place. His light will shine on forever."

Dame Shirley Bassey, singer: "I have very fond memories of Michael with one dinner in particular where he renamed me Lady Goldfinger.

"For the rest of the time I knew him that was my name. He was an icon and the King of Pop, quite simply magic."

Robin Gibb, singer: "We've not only lost a great friend in Michael but also lost a wonderful sensitive human being.

"This tragedy should teach us a lesson to value and praise those gifts while we still have them in the world.

"If even a small portion of the praise that is bestowed on Michael Jackson now in death was given to him last year, in life, he might well still be with us.

"That is the sad truth. One consolation is that he will triumph by his legacy."

Alice Cooper, singer: "Michael Jackson was easily as influential as James Brown, and that's saying a lot. He was the Fred Astaire of his time"

Jimmy Osmond, singer: "His legacy in music will always be remembered, but a lot of people don't know what a fun and kind guy he was.

"I think Michael would be smiling right now knowing what an amazing legacy he left."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/m...e-tributes.html

Beyonce Remembered MJ during her concert!!!

It was classy what Beyonce did, but "Beyonc? is the icon of this generation." just goes to show how often the truly gifted stars come along. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of great artist's today, but Michael Jackson is on the level that few stars have ever reached.

yes the jury said, sir we don't have enough evidence to convict him so he's not guilty :rolleyes: yeah that's what they said. assuming that's even the truth did you even think that the prosecution presented a **** poor case? nowhere in your logic is the accuser a liar or did the prosecution present a bad case.

Like OJ is innocent. Right. The first time he was accused I could let it go giving him the benefit of the doubt. But Three times? Somethings going on in Neverland. Or was.

The Internet court: where you're guilty until proven innocent, and you're still guilty even if acquitted.

Exactly.

sheese more people need to be warned this is about michael jackson dying not what he was accused of

I had made a separate thread in this regard it got merged. Cry to the mods about it. You should be warned for whining.

Innocent until proven guilty, One does not need to be proven innocent first. seriously why all the hate?

Edit: And it was a disease that caused his color change, FFS get the facts straight.

One there is no hate. Two, his face was fine before the Pepsi commercial, he began bleaching it after that. YOU get your facts straight.

Like OJ is innocent. Right. The first time he was accused I could let it go giving him the benefit of the doubt. But Three times? Somethings going on in Neverland. Or was

i'm confused..what do OJ and MJ have to do with each other?

Like OJ is innocent. Right. The first time he was accused I could let it go giving him the benefit of the doubt. But Three times? Somethings going on in Neverland. Or was.

You. Don't. Know.

Jackson paid off the first accuser. It's not too big a stretch to suggest that by doing so, he just drew more potential blackmailers out of the woodwork.

While it was clearly unwise of Jackson to have kids over for sleepovers, there is no clear evidence that he did anything harmful. Another poster here suggests that sleeping with kids is just inherently wrong, and I don't agree. Out of the ordinary these days, maybe, but I know as a kid I slept with aunts, uncles, and sitters on several occasions. There was nothing odd about it to me, and I can assure you that none of them seemed motivated by anything untoward. Jackson grew up in a large, poor family, in a tiny house. I'm pretty sure he grew up used to sleeping with other kids.

I'm not in denial, or brainwashed. I don't even think I qualify as a Jackson "fan", so much (I may slit my wrists if I ever hear "Say, Say, Say" again). The allegations may have been true, but I honestly think there was good reason to acquit. There was just not enough substance to back up the stories. Look up the McMartin Preschool case if you don't think kids can't be coached into giving false testamony about sexual abuse.

Jackson was different, and misunderstood. Even beyond being a talented, successful artist, though, he was also a philanthropist who contributed to many worthwhile causes (recall that he was one of the prime movers behind USA for Africa, and wrote "We Are the World"). Quit trying to cast him as a monster. He's not around to defend himself.

No one here can even possibly imagine what that man's life must have been like. I'm sure everyone thinks how can life be bad with all that money. I read the smoking hot chick from The Way You Make Me Feel video actually kissed Michael on a tour they were doing and she was fired the very next day. He was everyone's cash cow so they couldn't have any distractions. Just imagine the pressure he must have been under his entire life.

No one here can even possibly imagine what that man's life must have been like. I'm sure everyone thinks how can life be bad with all that money. I read the smoking hot chick from The Way You Make Me Feel video actually kissed Michael on a tour they were doing and she was fired the very next day. He was everyone's cash cow so they couldn't have any distractions. Just imagine the pressure he must have been under his entire life.

she was like a cousin of his btw. I do agree he was probably treated like a cash cow..on that note, poor poor Janet :(

Edited by macrosslover

Michael Jackson ?the King of Pop?, passed away on June 25, 2009. It really shocked thousands of millions of MJ fans, will-be fans, and enemies. As was named, he was a king in the pop music world who had miraculous power. He always came with nuclear-boom-level news. And this time, he made it again. But it was the worst news that we?d like to hear. The greatest pop star vanished forever. All fans are in deep grief. It is said that he was still rehearsing hard for the Back Tour in London before he got the Cardiac arrest. At his last hours, he was still working for all fans waiting for a new record on pop music history. And now, everything freezes on June 25, 2009. The whole world will never forget this great pop star. In memory of ?the King of Pop?, here I collect some pieces of references and news about his last but unfinished tour, This is it.

jackson2.jpg

This is it was a scheduled sellout series of 50 "comeback" concert performances by Michael Jackson, which were intended to take place beginning on July 13, 2009, at The O2 arena in London and continue throughout the year. Less than three weeks before the first show was to begin, Jackson suffered a cardiac arrest and died.

The shows, Jackson's first significant concert events since the HIStory World Tour in 1997, had been cited as one of the year's most important musical events. Each of the shows would have had a maximum capacity of 23,000, it was estimated that more than one million people would have attended the shows. Randy Phillips, president and chief executive of AEG Live, stated that the first 10 dates alone would have earned the singer approximately £50 million, and all 50 shows would have earned Jackson over £200 million.?

According to AEG organization, ?full ticket refund information and procedures will be released early next week for all Michael Jackson "This Is It" shows. Fans are advised to hold onto their ticket vouchers/proof purchase.?

Back on March 4, as was quoted in MSN news, ?This is it. This is it,? Jackson said, as the fans screamed. ?These will be my final shows, performances, in London. This is it. And when I say this is it, I mean this is it.

?This is really it. This is the final curtain call, OK? See you in July.?

Now, we still seem to hear the voice around our ears, but ?the King of Pop? was gone forever. All we can do now, is to save as many as his albums, DVDs, and songs no matter on PC, portable devices, or any other ways. So someday when our kids ask us what songs we listen to in our young ages, we can show them a legendary ?King of Pop?.

At last, I?d like to quote the lyrics of one of his best songs, You Are Not Alone.

michaeljackson003.jpg

?For you are not alone

For I am here with you

Though we're far apart

You're always in my heart

For you are not alone...?

Could this just turn out to be a conspiracy like Elvis, who we all know is alive and well, and is living just off the Interstate 22 selling hot dogs for a living.

she was like a cousin of his btw. I do agree he was properly treated like a cash cow..on that note, poor poor Janet

No I think you're referring to his sister in the video. The other girl definitely was not related.

Could this just turn out to be a conspiracy like Elvis, who we all know is alive and well, and is living just off the Interstate 22 selling hot dogs for a living.

Elvis is not selling hotdogs. Don't you read the Sookie Stackhouse novels? He's a vampire.

No I think you're referring to his sister in the video. The other girl definitely was not related.

actually no I didn't know his sister was even in the video. I think you're right though, wikipedia says the same thing. I do remember vh1 popup music saying that was his cousin way back when...guess that was fail on their part.

Its called vitiligo, and you are better off bleaching your skin, which is why he did it.

vitiligo2.jpg

it would be better to do that then to layer on even more makeup everyday

vitiligo2.jpg

This...

Plus whether he had 1000 plastic surgeries or not... they didn't make a better or worse dancer/singer/writer so..

What I hate about MJ's death is that everyone all of a sudden is saddened by the event.... but most of you were against him with the allegations of child abuse popped up. Only few loyal fans were supporting Michael from the beginning til the very end. The rest of you, well, you know what you are I don't need to call names...

Jon Lajoie even

At least he's at peace now from all the hypocritical media. MJ will never die. His music will always live on.