Barclays Premier League Season 2009/2010

Premier League 2009/2010  

437 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Premier League in 2010?

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Birmingham City
    • Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Burnley
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Hull City
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Portsmouth
    • Stoke City
    • Sunderland
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • West Ham United
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Wolverhampton Wanderers
  2. 2. Who will be relegated in 2010? [Select 3]

• Arsenal
    • Aston Villa
    • Birmingham City
    • Blackburn Rovers
    • Bolton Wanderers
    • Burnley
    • Chelsea
    • Everton
    • Fulham
    • Hull City
    • Liverpool
    • Manchester City
    • Manchester United
    • Portsmouth
    • Stoke City
    • Sunderland
    • Tottenham Hotspur
    • West Ham United
    • Wigan Athletic
    • Wolverhampton Wanderers
  3. 3. Who will be top scorer?

• Andrei Arshavin
    • Carlos Tevez
    • Didier Drogba
    • Dimitar Berbatov
    • Emmanuel Adebayor
    • Fernando Torres
    • Frank Lampard
    • Gabriel Agbonlahor
    • Nicolas Anelka
    • Robin van Persie
    • Robinho
    • Roque Santa Cruz
    • Steven Gerrard
    • Wayne Rooney
    • Yakubu Aiyegbeni
    • Other

And just when Abramovich was suporting UEFA's decision to impose a salary and transfer cap :p

I guess they did they same with Cashley Cole.. inducing him to breach his contract and join them..

Why don't they also ban Real? They do the same thing on a bigger, bolder scale!! You don't have to read the transfer news from last year to know how they went about trying to get Ronaldo.. but I'm not saying Chelski didn't deserve this.. they still have Cashley Cole case pending.. with their aging squad this can be disastrous.. Peter Kenyon to Man s****y? ;)

They will appeal it and get it down to 6 just you watch, it's just like how Arsenal are appealing Eduardo and will get it down to 1 or a fine.

Cole, Mikel and now this fella...

Speaking of which.. who is Kakuta? I've never even heard of him before this..

and of course they'll appeal..

Chelsea are jointly liable for that fine, must also pay "training compensation" to Lens of €130,000 and are banned from registering any new players in the next two transfer windows. The club, who were unusually quiet on the transfer front this summer and face the absence of key players during the African Nations Cup, said they would "mount the strongest appeal possible" to Fifa's "extraordinarily arbitrary" decision.

They added: "The sanctions are without precedent to this level and totally disproportionate to the alleged offence and the financial penalty imposed. We cannot comment further until we receive the full written rationale for this extraordinarily arbitrary decision."

"It's a logical decision. They stole the boy off us when he was 16. He was at our club since the age of eight-and-a-half. Unfortunately, 95 times out of 100, it's the English clubs who come and help themselves," the Lens chairman Gervais Martel told the Guardian last night. "It's a good decision but Lens were not compensated enough. The player is a gem. He is good enough to play for Chelsea."

Edited by Kralik

5cmy6s.jpg

He's on Football Manager and he's always crap so I assume he's the same in real life :p

I think he is just some youngster they stole from Lens.

Apparently he was their star player in the reserves, but he snapped his ankle a while back (I think, I can't be bothered looking it up).

Pretty stupid if you ask me.

lol @ martyn, I'd probably buy a MLS shirt before man u :p

really? I mean if west ham tapped up drogba for a move you wouldn't mind? :p

Why don't they also ban Real? They do the same thing on a bigger, bolder scale!! You don't have to read the transfer news from last year to know how they went about trying to get Ronaldo.. but I'm not saying Chelski didn't deserve this.. they still have Cashley Cole case pending.. with their aging squad this can be disastrous.. Peter Kenyon to Man s****y? ;)

Man city should be next, for their attempts to tap up John Terry. Whilst I am laughing because this has hit Chelsea, I would like to see the rule applied evenly and consistantly

uh oh...

Manchester United could potentially be in FIFA?s firing line in regards to their dealings with a young French player.

Following the governing body?s ruling to ban Chelsea from any signings for the entirety of 2010, the Red Devils may have the rule run over them for the way they signed Paul Pogba from Le Havre.

The French Ligue 2 club are believed to be upset by the way the reigning champions lured Pogba to Old Trafford and they are still looking into their options.

"We are still pursuing our case," Le Havre managing director Alain Belsoeur told The Times.

"It is a very serious case. We are confident that we'll win because it is in the best interests not just of our club but of sport.

"We spend 5million euros [about ?4.3million] on our academy every year out of a turnover of 12million euros. It is a huge investment.

"We do that to give a chance to our players to develop for our first team, not to be an academy for others.

"What is the point of investing in an academy if the players leave at 16? This is clearly a message from Fifa to protect the education system."

Man! The French in FIFA are really turning on the pressure now..

I remember Carlos Alberto being a little more than unhappy abt their dealings in Brazil. For those of you who missed it..

"It is disgraceful United are allowed to rape Brazilian football. The big teams have the money and can take our best players. It is a big problem in Brazil. The clubs cannot keep hold of them if they are good young players because they can make much more money in other countries."
Edited by Kralik

In all fairness, Man City haven't really 'tapped' up John Terry, they have been official bids, and there have been no private meetings (like Chelsea had with Ashley Cole) so their moves are not considered 'tapping' but if they kept pursuing him Chelsea could go to UEFA, like Man United did with Real Madrid before we finally sold Whingealdo (Christiano) to them for a massive amount of money :devil:

Oh how I dearly hope United get screwed as well :laugh:

Your wish might come true very soon ;)

Manchester United could be the second of the Barclays Premier League's “big four” to be hit by a transfer ban after Le Havre confirmed yesterday that they are pursuing a “very similar” case to that won by Lens against Chelsea.

Alain Belsoeur, the managing director of Le Havre, told The Times that the outcome of the Chelsea hearing was “very important and very encouraging” as they seek Fifa sanctions against United for allegedly “stealing” Paul Pogba, the teenage prodigy.

Le Havre insist that Pogba was under contract to them when he left for United this summer. They claim to have a pre-contract agreement signed by the player - and witnessed by his parents - in November 2006 that committed him to a professional contract from his 16th birthday, in March. Instead, the player allegedly walked away and turned up at Old Trafford.

The French club claim to have evidence that inducements were offered to Pogba's parents and say that details will be included in their submission to Fifa.

“Of course we are still pursuing our case,” Belsoeur said. “It is a very serious case. We are confident that we'll win because it is in the best interests not just of our club but of sport.

“We spend €5million [about ?4.3million] on our academy every year out of a turnover of €12million. It is a huge investment. We do that to give a chance to our players to develop for our first team, not to be an academy for others. What is the point of investing in an academy if the players leave at 16? This is clearly a message from Fifa to protect the education system.”

Chelsea could be allowed to sign new players in the January 2010 transfer window despite a Fifa ban.

Football's governing body handed out a ban until 2011 after they found the Blues guilty of inducing Gael Kakuta to break his contract with Lens in 2007.

But Chelsea could get a reprieve if they delay lodging any appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (Cas).

Cas has indicated that if Chelsea take the full 21 days to appeal, their ban may be frozen while a decision is made.

"It depends on the filing date of the appeal," Cas secretary general Matthieu Reeb told BBC Sport.

"If we have an appeal within the next week, it seems realistic we will have a hearing in November and a decision in December.

"If it goes a little longer, we'd have to wait until next year but then we'd have a problem with the January transfer period.

"So there is a possibility of Chelsea requesting a stay of the Fifa decision so it is frozen until the final decision of Cas is rendered.

"This means the enforcement of the Fifa decision would not be immediate. It could be postponed and then if the sanction was finally confirmed by Cas, the suspension would be postponed to the next transfer window."

As it stands, Chelsea are barred from registering any new players, nationally, or internationally, during the January or summer 2010 transfer windows.

Arsenal and Man Utd are the only 2 EPL teams to make the Forbes top 10 sports rich list this year:

The top ten most valuable clubs are as follows:

1 - Manchester United - $1.870bn (?1.144bn>)

2 - Dallas Cowboys - $1.650bn (?1.009bn)

3 - Washington Redskins - $1.550bn (?948m)

4 - New York Yankees - $1.500bn (?918m)

5 - New England Patriots - $1.361bn (?833m)

6 - Real Madrid - $1.353bn (?828mArsenal - $1.200bn (?734m)4m)

8 - New York Giants - $1.183bn (?724m)

9 - New York Jets - $1.170bn (?716m)

10 - Houston Texans - $1.150bn (?704m)

While football teams valuation list sees 4 EPL teams in top 10, as on 8th of April 2009.

Soccer Team ValuatiManchester United - $1.870bn.870bn

2 - Real Madrid - $1.Arsenal - $1.200bn.200bn

4 - Bayern Munich $1.11 biLiverpool $1.01 billionillion

6 - AC Milan $990 million

7 - Barcelona $960 miChelsea $800 millionillion

9 - Juventus $600 million

10 - Schalke 04 $510 milTottenham Hotspur $445 millionillion

12 - Olympique Lyonnais $423 million

13 - AS Roma $381 million

14 - Internazionale Milan $370 million

15 - Hamburg SV $330 million

16 - Borussia Dortmund $325 milManchester City $310 millionillion