Moments in your gaming career which made you go, "WOW!"?

I'm definitely going to show my age, but I remember seeing the original Prince of Persia and seeing how he moved. That was WOW enough, but then getting to the part where you fight yourself and the answer is to now fight yourself...

princepersia.gif

I'm definitely going to show my age, but I remember seeing the original Prince of Persia and seeing how he moved. That was WOW enough, but then getting to the part where you fight yourself and the answer is to now fight yourself...

princepersia.gif

WOW! I remember dying so many times in that pit :p :cry: back when gaming was gaming and not wii-cr** like "comb my pony.( no offense to those who like Wii-games to each their own)

Half Life 2: Running from the helicopter in the air boat, crashing through all the planks and dodging bombs. I'm sure I was wearing a pretty stupid grin the first time playing with the gravity gun too. Stepping into the core room in Episode 1 was a definite "wow" in the graphics department.

Halo: The entire end of the game from after Foehammer was shot down. Maybe I'm just a sucker for driving sequences where everything's blowing up around you... :laugh:

Fight Night Round 3: I walked into a room where my friend was playing this, and it took me at least five full seconds to realize that I wasn't watching a real boxing match and that he was controlling one of the guys.

Need for Speed Most Wanted: I can't even count the number of awesome police car wrecks I'm so very, very guilty of.

Mario 64: Never have I wanted a hat so much as I've wanted Mario's flying cap.

Mirror's Edge: Go play the demo on the biggest damn screen you can find. Every flaw in the game is excusable after running through that first level at breakneck speed.

Command & Conquer Generals: The nuke in that game has some absolutely awesome graphics and particle effects. Extra "wow" from the fact that the first one I saw crashed into my base and absolutely ruined my day.

Call of Duty 4: Crawling out of the crashed helicopter into the nuclear wasteland, and collapsing in death. Undoubtedly a different kind of "wow" here, but my jaw was on the floor nonetheless.

Battlezone II: Destroying the home planet of the Scions, with Cooke's monologue contemplating his xenocide. Maybe I was the one doing more contemplation, but it was the first game I played that had a real story to it.

Moment in Call of Duty 4 where you crawl around in the downed helicopter and have to go through the process of dying from the crash. Just one of those things that you don't expect in a video game.

Moment in Call of Duty 4 where you crawl around in the downed helicopter and have to go through the process of dying from the crash. Just one of those things that you don't expect in a video game.

That part for me was more like 'Oh damn... what do I do now?' lol.

Many games have given me a really big smile, most of these already posted in this thread. But the one and only moment that surpasses it all, and I remember it crystal clear, was when the Bioshock demo came out (I had deliberately kept all news away from me) The plane crashes and you emerge in the water. It must of been at least 30 seconds where we sat there waiting for something to happen only to realize we we're in control. We both jumped up and yelled WOW.

In Halo:CE when you first discover the flood and you walk into this room and there is a marine that has gone insane and is crying, shooting at you and just screaming in agony, not only did that make me go "WOW" but I literally felt bad as I put a bullet in his brain to relieve him of his pain...

when you grab the feather in mario 3 that enables you to fly :| ( as I skipped mario 2), flying mario was just awesome! oh the power! normal enemies couldn't reach you.

Many games have given me a really big smile, most of these already posted in this thread. But the one and only moment that surpasses it all, and I remember it crystal clear, was when the Bioshock demo came out (I had deliberately kept all news away from me) The plane crashes and you emerge in the water. It must of been at least 30 seconds where we sat there waiting for something to happen only to realize we we're in control. We both jumped up and yelled WOW.

..Holy crap, me too exactly!!!

This was the first thing i ran when i got my 360.

I remember as well, just waiting for the cutscene to finish, when i yelled, "Holy ****!"

Other moments that recently come to mind...

- Near the end of Star Wars The Force Unleashed when you're trying to bring down the huge Imperial ship with the force! awesome i remembered.

- The entire game, Shadow of the Colossus

Edited by diablos.son316

Seeing my friend play Halo 1, i saw him use the needler and kill grunts and i was in awe.

Playing the first Super Smash Brothers, i used to show up at peoples houses who owned it so i could play.

The Shock and Awe level from CoD4, the first boat level in CoD4.

Seeing my dad play the original Doom, hes never played a video game since, but that was the first time i was introduced to them.

From the start of MGS t the end of MGS3

From the start of Half Life to the end of Half Life 2 EP 2

System Shock 2's first hybrid I encounter.

In Halo:CE when you first discover the flood and you walk into this room and there is a marine that has gone insane and is crying, shooting at you and just screaming in agony, not only did that make me go "WOW" but I literally felt bad as I put a bullet in his brain to relieve him of his pain...

+ Billion!!

That playable sequence still gets me to this day. Epic.

Aside from that one, in no particular order:

FF 6 - The game in general for its depth and scope; particularly the massive twist at the end of the WoB. One word: Kefka.

Original Prince of Persia on the Mac - loved the game. Cannot imagine playing the weaker graphical version on the pc.

SMB 3 - The last world which kicks off with the moving tank and lava ship levels. Didn't think anyone could beat them.

DK 1 and 2 - nuff said

And many more.

However the most cherished "wow" experience of all is with: Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars and Yoshi's Island. Best gaming experiences ever :)

Off Topic:

The biggest WTF moment, realizing I'm playing as the Arbiter in H2. Hacked.Me.Off.

Beating Quest for Glory 2 without any help.

It was the first game I ever beat on my own.

To this day, it remains to be one of my favorite games of all time.

Super Mario Bros. 3. Doom. Final Fantasy VI. Street Fighter 2. Starfox. Bioshock/Resident Evil. Final Fantasy VII. American McGee's Alice. The Longest Journey. Jedi Knight II. Guild Wars (E3 preview/beta; I miss the skill gems). God of War.

Gosh, I don't think I could remember all of mine.. I will just pick a few recent ones that come to mind.

Fallout 3 - Just the excitement of actually playing a new Fallout game was enough for me here.

Oblivion - When it first came out I couldn't believe how good everything looked, the terrain was beautiful.

Mass Effect - The story line was excellent.. the whole atmosphere really pulled me in. Wow the whole way through.

Empire Total War - The battles in this game really stunned me.. the muskets all firing at once with all the smoke billowing out of the muskets, the sea battles were visually stunning as well. (Total War franchise is probably my all time favorite strategy games, right next to the Original Sim Cities (1,2000,3000,4) )

The Witcher - Another game that I thought had a great atmosphere and story and continued to wow me all the way through. Probably the best 'fantasy' RPG I've played since Baulders Gate.

That's the best I can do right now for some reason lol.

Finishing Zelda (nes best game ever).

Any invocations or cut scenes from FF VII.

The first time i saw the first Hunter cut scene in RE 1.

Every minutes playing Metal Gear Solid 1.

Playing Silent hill 1 alone at home, at 3 am.

Discovering the world in FF XI online. (first time playing online)

Half life 2!!

Guild Wars landscapes.

The burning building at the beginning of COD:WAW.

And so much moments i don't remember... :)