[OSx86] My successful hackintosh install

It works perfectly in VMWare workstation, it's how I use it. There's even a hidden config option to make VMware recognise it as "Darwin"

OK...i will give it a try to install in VMWare...Thankyou

has anybody been able to get a non apple multimedia keyboard to work fully? i have a cheap off brand one and i need to get all of my keys to work including the multimedia buttons. i asked on insanley mac and of course no one ever answers you there. ive looked everywhere and i cannot find a solution.

has anybody been able to get a non apple multimedia keyboard to work fully? i have a cheap off brand one and i need to get all of my keys to work including the multimedia buttons. i asked on insanley mac and of course no one ever answers you there. ive looked everywhere and i cannot find a solution.

Have you tried looking on the manufacturer's site for software? I had the same issue but with my logitech mouse. Logitech had a program they wrote for mac which overwrote the default OSX settings so that all the buttons worked correctly. You might find there's a similar thing available for your keyboard.

Have you tried looking on the manufacturer's site for software? I had the same issue but with my logitech mouse. Logitech had a program they wrote for mac which overwrote the default OSX settings so that all the buttons worked correctly. You might find there's a similar thing available for your keyboard.

I too downloaded Logitech's application for mac and it destroyed everything, everytime it loaded the machine would start to crawl to the point I needed to reload.

I now use my other keyboard/mouse set which is Microsoft, Microsoft have Mac drivers/software available which work great :D

I too downloaded Logitech's application for mac and it destroyed everything, everytime it loaded the machine would start to crawl to the point I needed to reload.

I now use my other keyboard/mouse set which is Microsoft, Microsoft have Mac drivers/software available which work great :D

ive searched and there are no drivers at all for mac. this is a cheap media keyboard i bought at meijers.

OK...i will give it a try to install in VMWare...Thankyou

There's a PDF guide on the insanelymac forums if you get stuck, along with some basic config files to get you started.

Do you have to build a computer from scratch to hackintosh?

No of course not, but building it from scratch lets you pick parts that are known to not cause any issues with OSX86, less hassle.

Do you have to build a computer from scratch to hackintosh?

Not necessarily. I was one of those who had the correct hardware, and my PC was built almost two years ago, and I didn't build it for this purpose.

i have an laptop with these specs

Intel? P9700 45nm "Montevina" C

nVidia GeForce GTX 260M 1,024MB

4096MB DDR3 1066MHz Dual Chan.

Intel? PM45 Express Chipset + ICH9M

would i be able to hackintosh it?

My baseline 2.66 GHz Mac Pro got around 220 which was mainly due to the 7200 rpm hard disk, so let's not exaggerate. ;) Most other things actually got higher scores than your computer.

Well, my processor is only dual-core (E6750) and I'm sure memory bandwidth on a Xeon is higher too. But still, this PC is over 2 years old and I only paid around $700 around that time. Cost me 3.5 times less than a Mac Pro. Of course, If I had the money I'd go with the Mac Pro instead :cool:

Dude, if you want your Leopard to be super duper fast, faster than it already is, buy a SSD. Holy #@^$, Final Cut Pro loads in less than 2 seconds :wub:

The thing with Xbench is that it hasn't been updated for ages. Try Geekbench instead.

Having a SSD drive would be nice but GB/euro wise it just isn't worth the money for me.

Well, just installed VirtualBox, and am getting 5.8 - 6 across the board (except graphics)...

Just got a few small issues:

1) About This Mac reports 2.4ghz, but I have a 2.66ghs processor

2) Screensavers seem to not work

3) The screen never dims, or such

4) It won't go into standby - I click it, and nothing...

1) Does it report 2.66 in the BIOS? The About This Mac screen almost always shows incorrect info on OSX86 installs.

4) Sleep mode? Hardly works on any Hackintoshes....

Sleep works fine here, so does restart and shutdown. But I have this problem where I keep going back and forth between OSX and Windows 7, I can't decide which one I enjoy using the most :p

Install Windows 7 first, then OS X Leopard, then add a chain to your MBR. I don't think Bootcamp works on standard PCs, although I could be wrong.

I wish Apple could release Leopard to the PC, I really want to buy OS X Leopard and would totally use it.

Just one problem with that....apparently apple thinks that MAC OS is too good for our "Craptops and Generotowers".

Just one problem with that....apparently apple thinks that MAC OS is too good for our "Craptops and Generotowers".

The reason they do not want to release for everyone to buy is because they do not want to spend time and money getting it compatible with every single device out there. Not to mention it will be a must bigger target for malware/virus etc. Besides apple is mostly a hardware company and their hardware is catered around their software. This makes it easier for apple to bring updates to the community and not worry about compatibility issues.

My Logitech G15 works like a charm! All the multimedia keys work fine! All there is that issue the keyboard gets disabled on startup for some reason. Probably some problem with USB ktext.

Is there anyway of getting Quartz Extreme working on a Radeon HD3450

I got iLife so i could do some video editing but it wont work because it needs QE... is there a way to bypass it? or get QE working?

If not, can anyone confirm a similar low cost GFX card that is fully supported (QE Working)