[Official] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

I'm surprised nobody has expressed their opinions on the "secret" new feature from the game *SPOILER ALERT* Of course, seemingly, multiplayer will have a 3rd person mode? And all 16 maps have been revelaed, and all playlists.

Can't wait to not buy the game. Multiplayer is what makes me buy the game and the whole no dedicated servers is pure bull. Shall "aqquire" ;) the game to play the single player though, but theirs no way in hell I'll spend 60$ for a 4 hour single player game with a crappy multiplayer.

Little better of an explanation.

"It's not something you can toggle on and off in ANY game," said Bowling. The special mode can only be played in private matches -- toggled on or off just like "Hardcore" settings -- or in playlists that are designated for third-person play. According to Bowling, everyone playing in a third-person playlist will be restricted to the viewpoint. "This is just another cool way to play the game," he said, "you obviously will still have the option to play gametypes normal as well."

Joystiq

Seems like a cool idea for something "different".

Oh great soccer moms and half of America is going to be butthurt in tears after this.

Some SP storyline spoilers.

Games are turning kids into Terminator, etc, etc. Hey, 9/11 will probably be blamed on games after that gets mainstream coverage.

For everyone who wants to see the 3rd person, I found a crappy video on You Tube of it (by simply just typing Modern Warfare 2 Third Person, go figure) and in regards to that video you posted AB, I have to say that is not going to fly with a lot of people I do not think.

For everyone who wants to see the 3rd person, I found a crappy video on You Tube of it (by simply just typing Modern Warfare 2 Third Person, go figure) and in regards to that video you posted AB, I have to say that is not going to fly with a lot of people I do not think.

Definitely not, I'm fine with it as long as it's part of a seriously told story and it's not there as some publicity stunt/rip off of Postal.

It's passed the ratings board though.

I guess I don't see why they are trying to redefine the game even if it is only one mode. This will split the community.

if its kept private then it will not effect rankings... for most people it will be used sparingly and then right back to FPS mode to rank up.. !

I guess I don't see why they are trying to redefine the game even if it is only one mode. This will split the community.

How can a "game mode" split the community? Or do you mean like how it already is? I know people that ONLY play S&D and nothing else. They don't matter to me anyway lol.

if its kept private then it will not effect rankings... for most people it will be used sparingly and then right back to FPS mode to rank up.. !

If it is for private mode only, no big deal then.

How can a "game mode" split the community? Or do you mean like how it already is? I know people that ONLY play S&D and nothing else. They don't matter to me anyway lol.

S&D, Hardcore, Domination, Deathmatch all TPS would draw a substantial amount of players. Now if jerzdawg is right, private match only is no big deal at all.

ok so they fuss about people having to "search through server lists to find servers people want to play on" but now they add another "mode" of play that people aren't going to like, so they will have to search through server lists to not join a 3rd person view server? Am I getting that correct?

ok so they fuss about people having to "search through server lists to find servers people want to play on" but now they add another "mode" of play that people aren't going to like, so they will have to search through server lists to not join a 3rd person view server? Am I getting that correct?

You're not getting that correct, it's a separate mode on its own, and can't be enabled for just any game online.