[Official] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

One of my wishes for CoD4 on the PS3 (probably applicable to the XBox version too, is that when I leave a game to look for another, I don't want it to put me in the same game again, I left that one for a reason!

Yeah but Antaris you could be leaving the game because you want to go to Single Player, Spec-Ops, or even to join a different type of MP game.

One of my wishes for CoD4 on the PS3 (probably applicable to the XBox version too, is that when I leave a game to look for another, I don't want it to put me in the same game again, I left that one for a reason!

Yeah, totally agree :laugh: Some times there's a douchebag in the game or some annoying teamkiller, then I get thrown in that exact game 3-4 times in a row despite leaving it - There's a reason why I left!

Thats why we have to buy the pc versions more, to show the devs that we still care about the pc and not just for the console

Um, that doesn't exactly make much sense to me. If we purchase the product even with the jacked up prices, they'd probably consider it a success having sold a PC game at $60, and may very well continue the trend and/or push it in the future.

If anything, it'd probably make more sense to not buy it, forcing them to re-evaluate their pricing.

Yeah, totally agree :laugh: Some times there's a douchebag in the game or some annoying teamkiller, then I get thrown in that exact game 3-4 times in a row despite leaving it - There's a reason why I left!

Why not just set player preference to avoid the guy?

I didn't, that's why I was asking. but that leads to the conclusion that there probably wasn't another game available at the time. Pretty hard to believe, considering the amount of people that play the game at any one time.

Hi all... can anyone tell me if the Modern warfare 2 Prestige edition with night vision ect. comming out for PC? thanks :rofl:

No. It's console-only. :(

Hi all... can anyone tell me if the Modern warfare 2 Prestige edition with night vision ect. comming out for PC? thanks :rofl:

k nm... it seems its only for XBOX 360 and PS3, because of "piracy on PC" apparently... i dont see the difference all they have to do is stick a pc disc in that box and label it PC ???? PROFIT... people are still gonna crack the PC version anyway, so I think making the Prestige version for PC will cut down on the piracy thing. cos, unless your Jesus, iron man, hongkong or Macgiver ,you cant pirate night vision gogles...

Where did cod4central get the information on weapons that would appear in game? Nothing has been confirmed yet.

I think current lists are based off screenshots and videos.

I think current lists are based off screenshots and videos.

If they did get a list from videos, it would NOT be that detailed. You can only tell about 5 weapons that are going to be in the game so far from videos.

Nope, theres definately that many so far, you can see them when they drop off enemies, when they're on the ground and from what other players were carrying in MP video.

Lol Kushan, and 2 other guns, managed to kill them all slap bang in the head :L

Rumour Smashed by Robert Bowling (fourzerotwo) about a beta to be released on September 10th from Xboxic.com

I wanted to clarify the supposed ?news? coming out of GameCom this morning regarding no MW2 Beta.

First, nothing has technically changed by this news. As I?ve told you many times in the past, expect no Public Beta unless we announce otherwise. That is still the case. We would never say something as definitive as ?No Beta Ever!? as that?s simply not how we work. We?ll do an internal beta, if we feel a public one is needed, we?ll explore that route as well.

It is true that we have not announced a Public Beta for MW2, and that remains true unless I announce otherwise.

However, while no Public Beta is currently announced we do plan on running an extensive Closed Beta among Infinity Ward, Activision, and possibly 1st party partners worldwide. The internal beta will allow us all the benefits of a public beta test without the impact it takes on the time required to prep, distribute, & manage a public beta during this crucial time in development.

Remember, Multiplayer has been in development since Day 1 of working on Modern Warfare 2, and this is the essential run up to launch when we?re playing everyday, hammering away on it to make sure it?s as polished as can be by launch. As always, our internal QA team has daily multiplayer tests in addition to company-wide nightly MP tests we hold from the moment MP is in a running state throughout development.

Once the internal beta is completed, if for any reason we feel we didn?t receive the feedback, address the issues, or have the result we expect. We would consider pushing forward with a public one, however at this point only an internal Closed Beta is planned.

That said, any fears that no Public Beta will result in any quality loss in the final multiplayer game is completely unfounded; Multiplayer has always been and will always remain a major focus for the team at Infinity Ward and we would never ship a product we didn?t feel lived up to the high standards we hold ourselves to.

While we love public betas for all the obvious reasons, an internal Closed Beta allows us the extra freedom and flexibility to give the entire multiplayer a chance to be widely beta tested without requiring excess development time simply to prep the game for public release instead of an internal beta test which is ran on dev kits / test kits. That fact alone, allows us to have a smoother and faster process of iteration when addressing issues and pushing fixes out to beta participants.

This decision allows us to deliver a more polished experience, which in the end, is what we all want.

Stay informed on Multiplayer

We?ll be filming plenty of Multiplayer videos for you to get a glimpse of new perks, features, killstreak rewards, and other additions you can look forward to in Modern Warfare 2?s Multiplayer. Keep an eye on our Twitter feed (@fourzerotwo) for when we post new videos and subscribe to the Official Infinity Ward YouTube channel.

In addition to the official multiplayer videos and features we release, we?ll be doing more and more multiplayer press from now until launch so you can get your fill of intel before jumping online day 1.

[source: Infinity Ward Official forums - Clarification on MW2 Beta: Discussion]

Well, hopefully they have some 'issues to address' that warrants an open beta - I really want to give this game a bash asap, watching a bunch of developers duke it out with their less-than-stellar gaming abilities isn't going to float my boat.

Well, hopefully they have some 'issues to address' that warrants an open beta - I really want to give this game a bash asap, watching a bunch of developers duke it out with their less-than-stellar gaming abilities isn't going to float my boat.

Amen, I'm looking forward to any type of beta. I always do with CoD :p