[Official] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

I'm struggling to decide which platform to get this on.

PC -

+Controls

-None of my friends play the PC

360 -

+Friends

+Achievements

-Controls

X360 definitely if thats where all your friends are!

Yes it is a grenade replacing option. Riot shields look cool too, some dude got killed by one. Call signs are sexy too, need to register Browno when they come up :D

Yeah if none of your friends play it for the PC then get it for the xbox. I'm probably getting it for the 360 this time around, but I've got to get around to activating live.

Yes the game looks great, more awesome MP fun. But seriously, everyone is freaking out over the ability to throw knives? That's been in games for years, what's so amazing about that? lol And the host migration should have been in MW1 (and WaW) to begin with. Other games have it, but I digress.

Still, I like the new systems they have in place. Though, I don't know why they shoot so high for realism with regenerating health lol that's kinda funny. The blood splatters on the screen, but your ok in 2 seconds heh.

I wish they'd show off the predator missle functionality. I'd like to see how that works and if it's as massive a killer as the chopper or dogs normally are.

I'd also like to know if the MP has moving trees and flora finally? Anyone see this yet, hear about it? That would be nice.

Also, while the graphics look fine. Infinity Ward, I think it's time to move to a different engine my friends. You can only augment an 11 year old engine so much guys.

u should relax and play hardcore mode, its realistic

the engine is the best engine out there, so smooth and playability is awesome. graphics come 2nd

Host migration at last! I got so fed up of it on consoles that I ended by rebuying the previous games on PC whenever steam had a sale, at least those had servers that were up 24/7

Modern Warfare is the reason I play videogames again after a 10 year absence! I can not express how much I am looking forward to shutting down my life outside of my room to play this for a couple of days solid ....

MW was the first game I played on my PS3 and it's still my favorite (with Fear 2 a close second)

Call of Duty 4 was my first game which just kept me playing and playing and playing. Hey at first I wasn't great, I've now improved alot and do fairly well on some games. Hit 10th prestige and played well over 20 days. It's a game which you can just pick up and play for hours. However with WaW I couldn't. On the beta I thoroughly enjoyed it, amazing build up to the game, and when the game came I played it for just over a day and didn't enjoy it as much as Modern Warfare. Zombies, great addition but I was not willing to spend my money on Map Packs for the game, yet they did look great, I couldn't as I knew it wasn't a good investment as I wouldn't play the game as much as Modern Warfare, so I sold it last week for ?20:DD

tried to put off watching any videos, but OMG that looks freakin' AMAZING.

Haha yeah I been trying to do that also but its hopeless! I have actually seen every video out there, twice :laugh:

Honestly, I've never really been into MP games much. I went for CSS for a while years ago and that was it, didn't really like it. But COD4, I must have wasted weeks on that game! I am so psyched for MW2, I could scream!

tried to put off watching any videos, but OMG that looks freakin' AMAZING.

I'm the same way. I try not to watch any of these kinds of videos so I don't spoil all the secrets when I eventually get the game, but I slipped up and watched this one anyway. :p

u should relax and play hardcore mode, its realistic

the engine is the best engine out there, so smooth and playability is awesome. graphics come 2nd

I wouldnt say realistic but its far better than regular all the sissies play :p

Having to empty half a magazine of any gun for the opponent to die seems....odd

I wouldnt say realistic but its far better than regular all the sissies play :p

Having to empty half a magazine of any gun for the opponent to die seems....odd

well u should steer clear of all fps's

thats how they all are if not worse

hardcore mode is tense and yet still great, but i cant play it for very long, requires too much concentration

war mode ftw

well u should steer clear of all fps's

thats how they all are if not worse

hardcore mode is tense and yet still great, but i cant play it for very long, requires too much concentration

war mode ftw

Well there are a lot of games for us that like the higher difficulty, need-of-constant-attention and not being told everything by the game(hud usually)

COD4 Hardcore mode

Armed Assault

Americas Army

BF2 with mod

Insurgency

I still play and enjoy other games that dont play like this tho :p

whats more realistic than cod5 on hardcore? (not cod4... its too arcadey)

:laugh:

It's the same damn game, how can one be arcadey and the other isn't?

@Kushan, you serious? lol

:laugh:

It's the same damn game, how can one be arcadey and the other isn't?

@Kushan, you serious? lol

Well it depends on what you mean by "realistic". The setting sure isn't, but the weapons handling and tactical side of it is more realistic than most games. i.e. one well placed shot to the face and they're going down.

Well it depends on what you mean by "realistic". The setting sure isn't, but the weapons handling and tactical side of it is more realistic than most games. i.e. one well placed shot to the face and they're going down.

You call hip firing realistic? And what game doesn't have headshots that instantly kills players these days :blink: ?