[Official] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Yeah, damn, that just looks incredible. No other way to really put it.

No wonder so many games have been delayed. While I am sure some of them were legitimate, I cannot help but think the entire industry realizes, and in turn is scared of, the juggernaut that is MW2.

Yes the game looks great, more awesome MP fun. But seriously, everyone is freaking out over the ability to throw knives? That's been in games for years, what's so amazing about that? lol And the host migration should have been in MW1 (and WaW) to begin with. Other games have it, but I digress.

Still, I like the new systems they have in place. Though, I don't know why they shoot so high for realism with regenerating health lol that's kinda funny. The blood splatters on the screen, but your ok in 2 seconds heh.

I wish they'd show off the predator missle functionality. I'd like to see how that works and if it's as massive a killer as the chopper or dogs normally are.

I'd also like to know if the MP has moving trees and flora finally? Anyone see this yet, hear about it? That would be nice.

Also, while the graphics look fine. Infinity Ward, I think it's time to move to a different engine my friends. You can only augment an 11 year old engine so much guys.

Yes the game looks great, more awesome MP fun. But seriously, everyone is freaking out over the ability to throw knives? That's been in games for years, what's so amazing about that? lol And the host migration should have been in MW1 (and WaW) to begin with. Other games have it, but I digress.

Still, I like the new systems they have in place. Though, I don't know why they shoot so high for realism with regenerating health lol that's kinda funny. The blood splatters on the screen, but your ok in 2 seconds heh.

I wish they'd show off the predator missle functionality. I'd like to see how that works and if it's as massive a killer as the chopper or dogs normally are.

I'd also like to know if the MP has moving trees and flora finally? Anyone see this yet, hear about it? That would be nice.

Also, while the graphics look fine. Infinity Ward, I think it's time to move to a different engine my friends. You can only augment an 11 year old engine so much guys.

First off, yes, adding a new and I might awesome ability to one of the best multiplayer games on the consoles is special. As for host migration, have you even noticed the major difference, you don't get thrown back to lobby and then back into the game with some new messed up locations.

Stuff about realism, It's called compromise.

And not this engine crap again, go back and read the other discussion we had because you clearly didn't grasp it the first time - The engine is bloody awesome and one of the only to look sharp, crisp and beautiful at 60FPS on the console. It's not 11 years old, it's a brand new engine built in an old, proven "toolbox".

First off, yes, adding a new and I might awesome ability to one of the best multiplayer games on the consoles is special. As for host migration, have you even noticed the major difference, you don't get thrown back to lobby and then back into the game with some new messed up locations.

Stuff about realism, It's called compromise.

And not this engine crap again, go back and read the other discussion we had because you clearly didn't grasp it the first time - The engine is bloody awesome and one of the only to look sharp, crisp and beautiful at 60FPS on the console. It's not 11 years old, it's a brand new engine built in an old, proven "toolbox".

Well to me knife throwing isn't a huge addition I guess since I'm so used to it being a PC gamer. As for the host migration thing, other 360 games have it, and while it isn't as slick as it is in MW2 obviously, it works just the same really.

I know the realism thing is a compromise Sethos. I was just commenting because I think it's fairly funny they go with a blood splash now, and then you are magically better in 2 seconds.

And I grasp the engine stuff just fine. You think it's a brand new engine, built in an old proven toolbox as you said. I think it's an 11 year old engine gussied up like other engines have done. I don't see much of a difference honestly. Either way you look at it, as I said in my original post, the game looks perfectly fine. Yes, the 60 fps is nice. But having some of the other newer technologies from other engines (or their own home brewed engine if you will) would be nice as well don't you think?

Well to me knife throwing isn't a huge addition I guess since I'm so used to it being a PC gamer. As for the host migration thing, other 360 games have it, and while it isn't as slick as it is in MW2 obviously, it works just the same really.

I know the realism thing is a compromise Sethos. I was just commenting because I think it's fairly funny they go with a blood splash now, and then you are magically better in 2 seconds.

And I grasp the engine stuff just fine. You think it's a brand new engine, built in an old proven toolbox as you said. I think it's an 11 year old engine gussied up like other engines have done. I don't see much of a difference honestly. Either way you look at it, as I said in my original post, the game looks perfectly fine. Yes, the 60 fps is nice. But having some of the other newer technologies from other engines (or their own home brewed engine if you will) would be nice as well don't you think?

PC gamer myself and considering most games are console ports or just pure multi-platform, what does that have to do with anything? There isn't a massive slew of games with knife throwing that has suddenly become available in the last year that isn't on the console. Yes it's not new, I or rather, we know that but it's the first time we see it in a properly popular title and not another half-arsed run-of-the-mill type of game, where most of us don't give a rats ass.

Host migration, yes still not new but implementing it perfectly in one of the biggest console games ever, gee how dare we be excited. Most games, host migration is some pathetic system where you get thrown back to the game lobby and a new host is chosen, then you pretty much start over, you can barely call that host migration.

And yes, let's not add anything that looks cool or might be confusing to the IQ-below-50 audience because it isn't 100% logical - Yup yup.

As for the engine yet again, it's not an opinion matter - it's FACT! you BELIEVING something that isn't true, doesn't make it an arguable case, just makes you look a bit daft. I don't want all those new-age technologies which always include some terrible effects and then you'd have to bump the game down to 30FPS, then one has clearly missed the entire point behind the new Call of Duty games' success. Actually, thinking about it, what does this game need of new graphical features that would make it "oh" so much better?

That looks GREAT! MW multi-player was FUN and now this is going to take that to the next level. :D

I just don't know if I should buy it for the PC and pwn like I usually do with a keyboard and mouse or take the challenge with a controller and pwn only sometimes. :p

So I wonder which one will get completely ignored if you have to sacrifice grenades for throwing knives. After a couple weeks the majority of people will be using one or the other but until then...craziness!

If the host migration ends up anything like it is shown in the video, I will be overwhelmingly satisfied. They are making sure that you always have constant action (other than after games)!

First time I've been a bit more excited about this game, looks like good ole arcadey FPS fun. Still won't bite unless someone can find me the game at a normal price.

However the throwing knives are lame as hell, I also hated those grenades that drop after death as well. Just me but.

Will the knife-throwing replace grenade? Or is it a perk like Martyrdom (dropping a grenade upon dying?