UEFA Champions League Season 2009/2010

UEFA CL 2009/2010  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

lemonbear

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAH FORZA INTER MILAN!!!! AS IF A GERMAN TEAM WAS GOING TO WIN, THE BUNDESLIGA IS THE MOST MUNDANE AND UNAPPEALING IN THE WORLD next to the Australian A-League. HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAAH EVERYONE WHO SAID BAYERN WOULD WIN, EAT YOUR WORDS.

Kralik

Had no doubts Mourinho would lift the trophy.. Wesley Sneijder (Y)

Petvas

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAH FORZA INTER MILAN!!!! AS IF A GERMAN TEAM WAS GOING TO WIN, THE BUNDESLIGA IS THE MOST MUNDANE AND UNAPPEALING IN THE WORLD next to the Australian A-League. HAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAAH EVERYONE WHO SAID BAYERN WOULD WIN, EAT YOUR WORDS.

You have really no clue at all. Stop behaving like a 5 year old kid and try to make more intelligent comments than that. I doubt that you can.

Petvas

Very disappointing game by Munchen...

Anyway congrats to Inter fans :)

Inter deserved to win. Bayern didn't have a good day and unfortunately when you play in a final you don't have a second chance. Bayern plays offensive and attractive, Inter defensive and tries to destroy the opponent. Offensive and attractive football can only win when there is at least a one level difference in the quality of the players. Inter has (unfortunately) players of great quality (like Bayern does), so defensive football had to win.

I am a Bayern fan but the philosophy of offensive football that van Gaal has brought, isn't my thing. I prefer Inter's playing style, even if it isn't attractive. It is effective and simple. Football should be a simple game after all.

I am sure that Bayern will dominate Europe the next two to three years. Ribery & Robben are great players and if we get a good defender and improve our game a bit further, then we will win the Champions League again (despite being too offensive in our game).

outstanding second goal (Y)

Van Buyten had to defend better. Defense was Bayerns problem yesterday...

Martyn

Inter won me ?100.

Nice swan.

alfaaqua

We can now close this thread right?

Everyone is voting now that the winners "will be" Internazionale and the top scorer "will be" Lionel Messi. :laugh:

idioot

We can now close this thread right?

Everyone is voting now that the winners "will be" Internazionale and the top scorer "will be" Lionel Messi. :laugh:

I wanted to vote earlier but I forgot.. :shiftyninja:

Actually, who cares about the poll. Don't have to close the whole thread because of it, maybe people would like to discuss the final, it was only yesterday :whistle:

ekerazha

if we get a good defender and improve our game a bit further, then we will win the Champions League again (despite being too offensive in our game).

You had a good defender, Lucio ;)

Inter campione d'Italia e d'Europa

in_01_672-458_resize.jpg

in_67_672-458_resize.jpg

in_90_672-458_resize.jpg

... the curtain.

rajputwarrior

it was boring game for sure, both goals were pretty nice though, i personally like the first one more. 1 touch clinic...

Surrealist

I am a Bayern fan but the philosophy of offensive football that van Gaal has brought, isn't my thing. I prefer Inter's playing style, even if it isn't attractive. It is effective and simple. Football should be a simple game after all.

I can only speak from a handful of CL matches, but how attacking is this philosophy? For instance, the wing backs hardly, if ever really, made any runs. Robben was dealt with rather too easily by Chivu / Zanetti / Pandev, and if Lahm had made some runs, then the space would've opened up. Same with Altintop on the other side, who had a great game against Maicon. Through the middle, Sweinsteiger - what has happened? I remembered him as this brilliant footballer with great vision, passing and the ability to get around players. Van Bommel too, he only did 1 of 2 things this game - commit fouls and pass the ball sideways.

I said while watching, that the substitution of Altintop was really a terrible mistake. If Van Gaal really thought Muller would make a difference on the left (and how could he, his only contribution to the game was to shoot directly at Cesar's legs), then he perhaps should've taken of the Left Back, because Altintop was the only Bayern player that caused any trouble to the Inter defence.

Should also note the blatant handball by Maicon. Don't see how every official missed that.

Great play from Milito thought - I read an article this morning that mentioned Maradonna has originally forgot to place him in his provisional squad and had to be reminded by one of his assistants.

Ps. I think Bayern will dominate within 2 seasons, especially with Kroos' development this season and Riberry staying on.

lemonbear

You have really no clue at all. Stop behaving like a 5 year old kid and try to make more intelligent comments than that. I doubt that you can.

Clue of what? The Bundesliga is so mundane that I wouldn't even care.

• 2 months later...
acnpt

Tottenham getting taught a lesson by these young boys... 2 - 0 in 12mins.

Damo R.

yeah quite surprised at that result...I can see Spuds getting it back at White Hart Lane of course that is if they doesn't concede like 2 more!

Damo R.

3-0!

Damo R.

3-2 is not bad end result! all to play for at the Lane!

Kralik

If Young Boys can come back with a draw from White Heart Lane they will become my favourite team tongue.gif

rajputwarrior

If Young Boys can come back with a draw from White Heart Lane they will become my favourite team tongue.gif

their names are a child molesters dream...

Damo R.

"Young Boys don't keep clean sheets"....this game so far proves that :rofl:

Damo R.

never in doubt really...going to be interesting!

Kostaz

Crouch loves Young boys...

rajputwarrior

Crouch loves Young boys...

:rofl:

deuz

I dont know if anyone saw but the sampdoria vs werder bremen game. I got to watch fro the 80th minute onwards, and i have to to say the italians are such cheap players...worst sportsmanship ever. If anyone gets a chance to watch the game watch the end.

At 85mins they score making it 3-0 and 4-3 on aggregate. They realise they have to waste time. They dived a good 4 times. I say dived because one of them, i think massino, fell to the gorund clutching his leg as if he had been shot, when he got fouled on the body. Now he got stretchered off.

1 1/2 mins later he was back on. There were a couple of other dives. They also did other things like kick the ball away on fouls, waste time. As a result there was 5 mins of injury time.

Guess what in the 93rd minute werder bremen score. I literally jumped out of my seat and shouted at the screen.

So now there is extra time and Bremen score. ****ING JUSTICE. ....:D

Kralik

Here we go... the draw starts soon..

Man U out first..

Kralik

Valencia... get Utd..

Phew.. Madrid meet AC Milan..

We get Shaktar.. doing well so far :p

All we have to do now is avoid Schalke 04 and we are as good as in the knock-out stage :p

Sneijder is club MF of the year.. (Y) would not have given it to anyone else..

Wow... Rangers meet Valencia and Utd.. now thats a group

Kralik

Great to see no Barca players getting "club player of the year awards"..