• Ronaldo
    • Torres
    • Walcott
    • Eto'o
    • Huntelaar
    • Ribery
    • Gourcuff
    • Other

first note is that messi is amazing... just amazing... but anyways :)

MANCHESTER UNITED 3-2 BAYERN MUNICH

Ferguson blames 'typical Germans' for red card

April 7, 2010

Comment

Email

Print

Sir Alex Ferguson slammed the behaviour of the Bayern Munich players after Manchester United's Champions League exit at the hands of the German side.

GettyImages

Sir Alex Ferguson felt Manchester United deserved victory over the two legs

? Manchester United 3-2 Bayern Munich

United, who lost on away goals having won 3-2 on the night, appeared to be cruising through when they led 3-0 after 40 minutes thanks to one goal from Darron Gibson and a Nani brace.

But Ivica Olic slotted home just before the break for Louis Van Gaal's side and Rafael was then dismissed for a second booking early in the second half. A stunning volley from Arjen Robben saw the visitors progress on away goals as the tie ended 4-4 on aggregate.

Ferguson was furious about the manner in which the Bayern players had put pressure on referee Nicola Rizzoli to show Rafael a second yellow card after tugging back Franck Ribery.

When asked if the sending-off had changed the course of the game, Ferguson told ITV: "There is no doubt about it. They were never getting through that tie. With 11 men, we had no problem.

"The young boy showed a bit of inexperience, but they got him sent off, everyone sprinted towards the referee - typical Germans."

Ferguson also believed United had been the better side across the two legs.

"We played better today than they did in their own ground. Without the extra man they made the ball work and I thought we defended very well. It's taken an exceptional strike to settle the tie.

"We have done well - the performance was excellent. We were very unlucky."

Ferguson also played down any fears that Wayne Rooney had suffered a recurrence of his ankle injury.

The England striker was a surprise starter at Old Trafford but was soon limping after being caught in a challenge and was eventually substituted after 55 minutes.

"We will have a look at it," Ferguson said. "I don't think it is serious. It's just that tissue and the blood vessel has just burst. I am sure he'll be fine for the following week."

wambulance_logo.jpg

i love it. man u or chelsea aren't winning it. go barce!

Harsh decision by the ref to send off Rafael but Robben's goal was pretty damn good.

Didn't like the way the BM players crowded the ref asking for a card.

yeah I thought that was a joke tbh, being a Referee is turning out to be the hardest thing ever now with everything that goes on.

TBF BM aren't the only ones guilty of that, every team does it even though FIFA/UEFA said they were clamping down on that sort of behaviour.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, i'm not only saying BM do it. I just don't like it.

But then again, if it was up to me i'd make players respect the ref like in rugby and not allow passes back to the goalkeeper :p

Messi is pure class!!!

I expect an awesome Madrid - Barcelona match this weekend... There's no doubt in my mind that Barcelona currently is the better team, but we all know how variable a football match can be.

Ronaldo vs. Messi

On another note, it's too bad that Bordeaux didn't go through. :/

yeah I thought that was a joke tbh, being a Referee is turning out to be the hardest thing ever now with everything that goes on.

I concur. The referees put up with a lot of trash.

I'm against the idea of bringing tech into the game, but more human help; sanctions or extra referees, is required.

If I was a ref, I'd probably red card the public, occasionally. :laugh:

Inter's Jose Mourinho Designs Plan To Stop Barcelona Ace Lionel Messi

The coach is getting ready to teach his men how to shackle Messi...

By Salvatore Landolina

08-Apr-2010 3:07:00 PM

Jose Mourinho has brought out his pen, paper and a DVD of Lionel Messi as he designs the strategy to stop the Barcelona ace.

Il Corriere dello Sport reports Inter coach Mourinho is already starting to plan ways of stopping the forward when the two teams meet in the Champions League semi-final first leg on April 20 at San Siro.

As well as watching DVDs of the player in action with his staff, the 'Special One' will send members of his coaching team out to Barcelona to see Messi in action against Real Madrid in El Clasico on Saturday.

They will also watch Wednesday's game against Deportivo La Coruna. And Mourinho will travel to the Barcelona derby against Espanyol on April 17, just three days before the mammoth clash.

He is also likely to hatch a containment plan and explain it to his defenders and midfielders. Walter Samuel, Esteban Cambiasso and Javier Zanetti will all be given extra special lessons in how to stop their compatriot.

News Source

Real will beat Barca for the same reason Utd lost to Chelsea.. they are out of UCL and better rested and fit..

Madrid has always been my team, but it seems like you still haven't realized what this Barça is capable of.

Anyways, I expect Ronaldo to be extra motivated, seeing as how Messi has recently captured everybody's attention...

Real will beat Barca for the same reason Utd lost to Chelsea.. they are out of UCL and better rested and fit..

yeah I can see Real scraping it 1-0 or 2-1

Sky Sports presenter Richard Keys was heard ranting in online streams of Arsenal's Champions League match against Barcelona earlier this week.

Fans listening to streaming commentary of the Tuesday night game could hear the 52-year-old TV anchor in the Sky studio criticising Theo Walcott for his poor performance.

Speaking about the 21-year-old forward, he said: "Get up, you stupid little boy...You've been s***e, son, in your daft pink boots - absolute rubbish."

His muffled comments were broadcast alongside the regular Sky commentary featuring pundit Andy Gray, according to The Sun.

Earlier in the broadcast, it is also alleged that Keys could be heard asking the studio team who had "farted".

A Sky spokesperson said: "There were no technical issues with the audio on the night. On Sky coverage no conversations could be heard behind the live match commentary, and we did not supply any feeds to outside broadcasters. Richard has no reaction."

:rofl:

Yeah, don't get me wrong, i'm not only saying BM do it. I just don't like it.

But then again, if it was up to me i'd make players respect the ref like in rugby and not allow passes back to the goalkeeper :p

Same here it annoys me that teams can get away with certain behaviour towards the ref. What gets me though is why don't refs dish out a few red cards to the players who do it? they'd soon pack it in and get on with the game.

Would love to see the rugby tech in football but i don't think they'd bring it in because of the language. If you watch most games on tv then its not hard to miss how Rooney or Gerrard (not only those players) are telling the ref to eff off when they don't get decisions.

Sky Sports presenter Richard Keys was heard ranting in online streams of Arsenal's Champions League match against Barcelona earlier this week.

Fans listening to streaming commentary of the Tuesday night game could hear the 52-year-old TV anchor in the Sky studio criticising Theo Walcott for his poor performance.

Speaking about the 21-year-old forward, he said: "Get up, you stupid little boy...You've been s***e, son, in your daft pink boots - absolute rubbish."

His muffled comments were broadcast alongside the regular Sky commentary featuring pundit Andy Gray, according to The Sun.

Earlier in the broadcast, it is also alleged that Keys could be heard asking the studio team who had "farted".

A Sky spokesperson said: "There were no technical issues with the audio on the night. On Sky coverage no conversations could be heard behind the live match commentary, and we did not supply any feeds to outside broadcasters. Richard has no reaction."

:rofl:

Think i've got a case of deja vu as didn't this happen earlier in the season as well? it's not the first time Richard Keys has sounded off about Walcott.

Rafael's sending off made the crucial difference but Man Utd not holding on to a two goal advantage is pretty sad!

Robben's goal wouldn't have happened 9 times out of 10.

If that hadn't gone in, and we had made some subs earlier, I reckon we could have held out, we had quite a few chances with 10 men too.

Manchester United deserved the win. The yellow card for Rafael was completely uncalled for since Ribery was the one pushing him onto the ground. However, Ollic and Robben showed some amazing skills. If Man. United had their full strength, they would have won without contest but that's how football is.

Pulling someone back = yellow card ,end of story

The second yellow was 50/50 really with Ribery and Co running up to the ref waving their hands around assured Raf's second yellow

Pulling someone back = yellow card ,end of story

If that were true in the premier league we'd have so many forfeits :rofl:

Referee has to be consistent if you're going to book someone minutes into the second half just entering opponent territory for pushing and pulling, pretty much ANY pushing and pulling in the whole game has to be an instant yellow.

If that were true in the premier league we'd have so many forfeits :rofl:

Referee has to be consistent if you're going to book someone minutes into the second half just entering opponent territory for pushing and pulling, pretty much ANY pushing and pulling in the whole game has to be an instant yellow.

I agree that the referee was inconsitent but I can't understand anyone arguing the card or a minority of ManU fans blaming the ref.Rafael is stupid,he's the one to blame.

Edit:

loverobben.jpgLol

I agree that the referee was inconsitent but I can't understand anyone arguing the card or a minority of ManU fans blaming the ref.Rafael is stupid,he's the one to blame.

Ribery was as aggressive as Rafael during that play. I don't see the problem with fighting for the ball that way. The pulling off the shirt was before Ribery shoved Rafael away.

Rafael's sending off is definitely questionable. People blaming him for Manchester United's defeat aren't very knowledgeable of this sport. :/

By the way, Robben's goal was absolutely stunning. :woot:

Yeah blaming the ref makes much more sense every single time.

Bayern Munich were playing extremely aggressive with questionable strong challenges. No one's blaming the referee. It's what football is. It's just unfair that Rafael, as an individual, had to be punished for the high stakes match.

I didn't watch the game live (Man U - Bayern) I happened to watch the highlights the other day and I was surprised at how Olic scored that goal.. at first I tht its Neville who dived trying to catch him but then in the replay it was Carrick.. I have to say that was not good defending..