• Ronaldo
    • Torres
    • Walcott
    • Eto'o
    • Huntelaar
    • Ribery
    • Gourcuff
    • Other

My Granda could display more movement on the pitch over 90 minutes than the whole Man Utd squad tonight.

Honestly that was absolutely awful to watch, terrible terrible performance. Young players wanting to try and impress and they stand around like statues? Obertan you aren't Ronaldo, stop trying step overs 24/7, Welbeck learn what speed is, Anderson and Gibson, were they even on the pitch for the first 45 minutes?

Don't even get me started on the final ball, school boy football produces better final balls.

not gonna lie I turned it off, Obertan looks nifty at times though so he's a good player in the making! (after all he is worth ?45m on FM:rofl:: )

I'm not obsessed with Chelsea like you are with Liverpool, sorry.

Alonso wanted to leave, there is nothing we can do about that really.

Many people forget that out of the five seasons Alonso spent at Liverpool, he only played 'really well' in two of them, his first season and his last season at Anfield.

Aquilani is his replacement, and we signed him for 5 years, not 5 months.

We probably will sell Mascherano, not because Rafa wants to, but because Masch wants to play in Spain and the Americans need the money to pay off the ?30 million a season interest on our loans. Nice eh?

Also, don't forget that Rafa is the one that rescued Masch from West Ham's reserves (Nigel Quashie was rated as better than Mascherano by Pardew), so he obviously rates the guy.>

I would go, and I can guarantee the stadium will be full for all of the home games. Some of our best nights in Europe have come in the UEFA Cup (Roma, Barcelona and who can forget the 2001 final in Dortmund).

you're right, but it still breaks my heart. I love watchin mash play, he can completely control the defensive midfield when he's on his game.

and i honestly don't know why ferguson keeps getting cocky, plays his young players and gets burned in the process. Doesn't it make sense to play your top guys, get a goal or two and then take out your stars?

• 2 weeks later...

Lmao! bayern keeper Butt scores a penalty against Juve...

What's funnier, the commentator here just talked about how he has taken penalties in games before, like seconds before Olic earned them one.

Owen scored a hat trick? WTF?!

Oh well another disappointing result for the Blues although the match was insignificant.December has been terrible for us so far hope we don't lose too much ground.

i wanted to see Jovetic run out for the viola tonight... but alas not to be. :(

i hope he gets some game time next round maybe, he wasn't even on the bench today?! injured?

not a good night for English teams really but both teams had fates already sorted so just playing for pride I suppose.

Heard Arsenal's kids played well. Never really expected them to beat Olympiacos, tbh :)

Heard Arsenal's kids played well. Never really expected them to beat Olympiacos, tbh :)

yeah man, and they only allowed 1 goal. No harm, no foul. It's cool seeing them get CL experience at such young ages.q

Yeah I watched the first half they were doing well given their age...the under 18's are really talented

Liverpool is going to have one miserable year. Benitez is surely going to be put on the spot. Guillotine or a surprise spring twist?

Benitez isn't the problem here, our squad is horribly underfunded and severely lacking strength in depth. More investment is needed in players, and the constant injury problems are also taking their toll. Its a good job really that this game was practically meaningless

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8419154.stm

Liverpool unseeded for Europa League draw

Europa League draw

Venue: Nyon, Switzerland Date: Friday, 18 December Start: 1200 GMT

Coverage: Live text commentary on BBC Sport website

The Uefa Europa League replaced the Uefa Cup

Liverpool will not be seeded for the Europa League knockout stage draw which takes place in Switzerland on Friday.

The Reds enter at the round of 32 stage after being eliminated from the Champions League in the group stages.

Liverpool join fellow Premier League sides Fulham and Everton, who are also unseeded, in the draw.

A Uefa spokesman said: "The 12 group winners from the Europa League and the best four third-placed sides from the Champions League are the top-16 seeds."

Liverpool moved into the Europa League after finishing third in their Champions League group, but their poor goal difference means they miss out on a seeding.

In six matches they scored only five goals and conceded seven.

The Uefa spokesman added: "Among the clubs dropping down from the Champions League, Juventus and Unirea Urziceni won more points than Liverpool, while Marseille and Wolfsburg had a better goal difference."

606: DEBATE

Who do you want in the draw?

Uefa's decision means Liverpool could be paired with any of those four, while German holders Werder Bremen, Ukrainian club Shakhtar Donetsk and Galatasaray from Turkey also lie in wait.

Seeded teams also have the advantage of playing the second leg at home.

The draw for the rounds of 32, which starts on February 16, and 16 are made at the same time and will commence from 1200 GMT.

you know how embarrassing this is?