• Walcott
    • Eto'o
    • Huntelaar
    • Ribery
    • Gourcuff
    • Other

LOL a mod deleted my post :|

:laugh:

Also, fulham where rather unlucky tonight. Not strictly CL I know, but as we don't have another thread for it...

:laugh:

Also, fulham where rather unlucky tonight. Not strictly CL I know, but as we don't have another thread for it...

I watched the first half but I read that Fulham were down to 9 men, I feel though Celtic will sack TM before the season is out.

• 3 weeks later...

It's the game night :p

Tonight and tomorrow will be very interesting.. some big games coming..

Not so much for us as we just need 1 point to top the group but any of Barca/Inter/Madrid/Milan or Liverpool can still crash..

Will be some exciting football :happy:

Edited by Kralik

Someone better give Gerrad his comfort blanket, quick :cry:

Anybody notice that when Sky Sports cut to Lyon match, they put the wrong score up first :laugh: Fiorentina 0 - 1 Lyon

Europa League, bellend.

I have a feeling you could win that, weren't liverpool the most successful team in the UEFA Cup?

It's a shame there's going to be no Liverpool drama this year in the CL but the problems need to be sorted soon :unsure:

it's because we lost alonso and never replaced him. What else did you think was going to happen to liverpool? any chance of success was pretty much out of the window at the point and all the injuries were the nail on the coffin. And if rafa sells maschereno i hope he gets fired or shot... either one would work for me.

it's because we lost alonso and never replaced him. What else did you think was going to happen to liverpool? any chance of success was pretty much out of the window at the point and all the injuries were the nail on the coffin. And if rafa sells maschereno i hope he gets fired or shot... either one would work for me.

Liverpool is the team that I root for in the EPL. I agree that they took quite a hit for selling Alonso to my team. :laugh:

Alonso is currently adjusting to Madrid's playing style, but he hasn't shown half of what he used to do at Liverpool!!! In my opinion, he is a player suited for English football (fit in perfect at Liverpool), and a great one at that. With the injuries and all, this just isn't Liverpool's year, at least not for the Champions. It's too bad though, because I actually like Benitez, and don't want him to get sacked (Will he?).

Anyways, I like to see that R.Madrid is being voted as a close second contender to win it all. However, I still think that they'll need to get a team rolling in order to be able to reach the final, which is happening at Bernabeu, and should be a strong incentive for them!!! =D

This can prove to be a big financial blow for 'Pool. You made ?7M from knockout stage of UCL last season.. this year you might lose all that money and more as I can't imagine fans filling Anfield the same way to watch Europa matches.. will you guys?

This can prove to be a big financial blow for 'Pool. You made ?7M from knockout stage of UCL last season.. this year you might lose all that money and more as I can't imagine fans filling Anfield the same way to watch Europa matches.. will you guys?

Yep, you're probably right.

As for the bad run of results... Alonso may be part of the excuse, but I feel blaming his loss for the rest of the problem is a bit unfair, as the current players have to take their share of the blame as well for their performances. The teams we had in our group should have still been beatable, and the performance wasn't there when it should have been.

I have a feeling you could win that, weren't liverpool the most successful team in the UEFA Cup?

I don't think Benitez cares about it, tbh. Didn't he say that PL is the most important competition for them ?

I don't think Benitez cares about it, tbh. Didn't he say that PL is the most important competition for them ?

he may not care about it but I am sure a bit of silverware would be nice

Considering the position Liverpool are in in the premier league, it would have to take some consistent slip ups from both Man Utd/Chelsea and Arsenal, and winning streaks from Liverpool, for them to stand a chance of winning it.

When you look at their current record, mix that with the Champions League disappointment, I doubt Liverpool are about to go on a 15 unbeaten run :p

I think this is now their best chance of silverware, and they have a really good chance at it if they keep the heads up. They aren't winning the premier league this season.

I am not a penis Martyn.... It's okay don't be sad. We still have to play tomorrow ;)

I'm not obsessed with Chelsea like you are with Liverpool, sorry.

Alonso wanted to leave, there is nothing we can do about that really.

Many people forget that out of the five seasons Alonso spent at Liverpool, he only played 'really well' in two of them, his first season and his last season at Anfield.

Aquilani is his replacement, and we signed him for 5 years, not 5 months.

We probably will sell Mascherano, not because Rafa wants to, but because Masch wants to play in Spain and the Americans need the money to pay off the ?30 million a season interest on our loans. Nice eh?

Also, don't forget that Rafa is the one that rescued Masch from West Ham's reserves (Nigel Quashie was rated as better than Mascherano by Pardew), so he obviously rates the guy.

I would go, and I can guarantee the stadium will be full for all of the home games. Some of our best nights in Europe have come in the UEFA Cup (Roma, Barcelona and who can forget the 2001 final in Dortmund).

****! And I can't even say Besiktas outplayed us. Rustu dis well the last 2 minutes, bravo to him. We were not very inspired in front of the goal, no one wanted to shoot. Oh, and the penalty on Evra was quite obvious. Anyway, we need to win the last game if we want the first place of the group.

My Granda could display more movement on the pitch over 90 minutes than the whole Man Utd squad tonight.

Honestly that was absolutely awful to watch, terrible terrible performance. Young players wanting to try and impress and they stand around like statues? Obertan you aren't Ronaldo, stop trying step overs 24/7, Welbeck learn what speed is, Anderson and Gibson, were they even on the pitch for the first 45 minutes?

Don't even get me started on the final ball, school boy football produces better final balls.

I'm not obsessed with Chelsea like you are with Liverpool, sorry.

Why don't you just use iggy like I did?, this forum is actually a lot more enjoyable when you don't have to reed the tirade of anti Liverpool crap gregb0b posts. Just take away his audience and he will get bored and find someone else to p*** off :laugh:

Why don't you just use iggy like I did?, this forum is actually a lot more enjoyable when you don't have to reed the tirade of anti Liverpool crap gregb0b posts. Just take away his audience and he will get bored and find someone else to p*** off :laugh:

You've gotta educate the uneducated ;)

You've gotta educate the uneducated ;)

gregb0b isn't uneducated, he is annoying for the sake of being annoying. The fact that he can't make more than 2 consecutive posts without posting something derogatory about Liverpool shows his real personality :p I guess we could almost call him the Mail of Chelsea fans.