Olympiakos v Bordeaux

Inter Milan v Chelsea

Bayern Munich v Fiorentina

CSKA Moscow v Sevilla

Lyon v Real Madrid

FC Porto v Arsenal

AC Milan v Man Utd

I'll be happy if these teams advance.

Mainly Arsenal though. A Chelsea/ManU upset would make me happy though.

• 2 weeks later...

That cough was greg agreeing with you :) I'd love it if Arsenal won something this season, I've always enjoyed watching them play, but they've had some consistent-but-trophyless years recently :/

• 1 month later...

Very good result. After the first half I was really worried, it could have been 3-0 for AC Milan. We were outplayed. But Rooney stepped up and showed Patto and Huntellar what being a striker is all about. Ronaldinho was outstanding though and probably the more dangerous player on the field tonight.

What a game, wish it had finished 3-1, but to be fair on AC with all the chances they had I'll give them 3-2 :p

3 goals away from home coming to Old Trafford will be very hard.

What was Carrick sent off for? Kicking the ball? I didn't quite get it. Anderson should slot in in 3 weeks time, we'll play more attacking at Home.

Very good result. After the first half I was really worried, it could have been 3-0 for AC Milan. We were outplayed. But Rooney stepped up and showed Patto and Huntellar what being a striker is all about. Ronaldinho was outstanding though and probably the more dangerous player on the field tonight.

Yep. We could have been out of the tie in the first half :p Second half we were much better and started running rings around Milan and made it count unlike Milan's domination in the first half. Really shouldn't have conceded the second goal, where was Rafael going?!

What was Carrick sent off for? Kicking the ball? I didn't quite get it. Anderson should slot in in 3 weeks time, we'll play more attacking at Home.

He was already on a yellow when he kicked the ball away after the ref awarded a free kick for the foul! 2nd yellow card and off you go! Was somewhat harsh I thought!

Good result for Man U.. I feel they will go through if they are not complacent in the return leg.. but what a result for Lyon :woot: I'm so glad they beat Madrid. This Lyon team has some very good players and some upcoming stars like Pjanic.. want them to complete the job over Madrid in the second leg..

Not looking that good for us though..

<font face="Arial, Verdana, Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size="2">

Arsenal must negotiate a tough Champions League trip to Porto without a number of first-team regulars.

It will be very tough for Lyon to beat Madrid at Bernabeu, you don't hurt a beast like that and go without a scare in return. But it would be awesome if they did.

I don't really think Milan necessarily played that well although Ronaldinho was terrifying us from start to finish. The chances in the first half (around 2 or 3 of the 'golden' opportunities) were created from awful defending or sloppy pay in Milan's final third. Evra with an awful clearance for the goal and another led to a great chance for Huntelaar (if I'm not mistaken).

We should have taken our chances in the 2nd half when Milan's legs started to show. I'd take 3-2 anyday mind.