[Feedback needed] Atlas, the next version of Neowin

BGM

is this seriously 19 pages about rounded corners and what bloody font the site is?

i wish i had time in my life to worry about things this minor.. ****ing hell. :blink:

Phantom Helix
is this seriously 19 pages about rounded corners and what bloody font the site is?

i wish i had time in my life to worry about things this minor.. ****ing hell. :blink:

nope, 7 pages for me

but it is 277 posts lol

MikeChipshop

Haha couldn't have put it better myself

aussiefloyd_fan

i like the one thats rounded.. yes it does look good...

its not extreme but its a little soothing coming here to that from other forums

DanManIt

I really like it too. Neowin is always improving :)

+Kyle

Neowin.net- Where rounded corners looks better

meriam

Far more pro. Good job guys :)

On a side note, what's this "project ignition", is it public or Neowin property ?

DaveLegg
Far more pro. Good job guys :)

On a side note, what's this "project ignition", is it public or Neowin property ?

Ignition is a whole new Neowin, a re-write of the code from the ground up, far more efficient and much easier to work with.

Sethos

I want triangular corners, SERIOUSLY!

meriam
Ignition is a whole new Neowin, a re-write of the code from the ground up, far more efficient and much easier to work with.

Interesting. Best of luck with that :)

max84

How dare you not give me rounded corners in IE 6 !!! ;)

ViZioN
I want triangular corners, SERIOUSLY!

:rolleyes:

MrChainsaw

So when is this coming out...

Ci7
So when is this coming out...

+1

+chorpeac

100% I like it.

Inklin

Great improvement Atlas is... I love it!

Steve B.

I have a request, when Atlas comes to fruitition, and the forums are updated alongside it (which I imagine will happen at the same time), could we update the topic icons to something nicer, the current topic icons are good yes, but something that fitted with with the skin would be better.

Also, on the thread about keeping the "Latest Forum Activity" at the top, I like it, but prefer it to show only 5 threads rather than showing the full 10.

Timan
I have a request, when Atlas comes to fruitition, and the forums are updated alongside it (which I imagine will happen at the same time), could we update the topic icons to something nicer, the current topic icons are good yes, but something that fitted with with the skin would be better.

Also, on the thread about keeping the "Latest Forum Activity" at the top, I like it, but prefer it to show only 5 threads rather than showing the full 10.

screenshot_24054bd6530dd09f8.png

Click that :p

Steve B.
screenshot_24054bd6530dd09f8.png

Click that :p

I already have, but what I mean is permanently doing that, or have it as default.

Deathray

Are we going to have the same option as we have now to make the content fill more of the available space on the page?

The "<>" / "><" button

andrew_f

Love the design structure but is there any chance of rethinking the blue/grey? Or providing a "Finity Blue" option. The one on Atlas seems quite desaturated to me making it not as lively as the current one.

Timan
Are we going to have the same option as we have now to make the content fill more of the available space on the page?

The "<>" / "><" button

Nope, main page will be fixed width.

Subject Delta

That's a poor decision that's likely to annoy a lot of people with high res screens.

bdsams
Love the design structure but is there any chance of rethinking the blue/grey? Or providing a "Finity Blue" option. The one on Atlas seems quite desaturated to me making it not as lively as the current one.

If you look there is a color icon in the top right that will allow you to change the theme

Phantom Helix
Nope, main page will be fixed width.

Fixed width of how many pixels? please say at least 1000