[Offical]Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

First time I absolutely 110% disagree with Yahtzee.

Zero Punctuation Reviews Uncharted 2

Appalling wit? **** you Yahtzee :rofl: The in-game chat during gameplay in this game made it much better than half the 3rd person games where you just round around in silence, or the likes of Morrowind/Elder Scrolls where every NPC in the game randomly says the same lines over and over from just 3 voice actors :p

This was easily coming, PS3 boards will be exploding, yada dada da. In amongst all the other crap storyline action games you get I do think it's a little harsh the ###### Yahtzee tries to tear this. It almost seems he's trying too hard to **** in the wind of a game that deserves to be noticed in it's genre.

The only thing I do agree with is the cover is a bit janky, but its still better than completely free-form cover which would equal even more user error. Being able to snap to cover quickly whilst getting rained on by bullets is life saving, but the trade off is the system sometimes not doing what you want it to do. The checkpoint system is very generous though to help this out, many peoples stats are over 100+ deaths in their first run through and they still enjoy it.

I don't agree with his issues with ledges, I think there was only one part in the whole game I got stuck (for a longer than "acceptable" amount of time) and that was with the bell in the jungle near the end, I didn't notice the bricks behind me.

Not adding a single thing to it's own series or gaming as a whole? Yes and no, it has nothing every game is going to universally copy from now on, but it does do everything it does much better than 99% of games in it's same line. Well, the audio, was ****ing great, but of course Yahtzee wouldn't mention something like that as hardly anyone ever does.

When it's as polished as it is, trying to attack it being saying "omgz no new feature that Modern Warfare 3 is going to copy" is a little inane. It's a story and character based game first, not something you're looking for 90 new gameplay features from each iteration like say how something like Mario/Ratchet and Clank is looked upon for (some new gameplay mechanics or abilities to spruce up the core gameplay).

The core gameplay from Uncharted 1 to Uncharted 2 just needed the hell polished out of it, it was accessible and in-line with other 3rd person shooters/platforming games. It's the characters and story people went to Uncharted 2 for, the gameplay polish from 1 merely slotted it in at a Universally Acclaimed title as opposed to just a good/borderline great title.

edit: I guess one thing you could say was "new" was the moving set piece level, aka the train. Many games have train levels but they either tend to be a static moving train (just goes straight), or completely inside the train so you don't really see outside at all.

Edited by Audioboxer

First time I absolutely 110% disagree with Yahtzee.

Zero Punctuation Reviews Uncharted 2

this is the first time ive actually listened to this guys reviews and it may have been the biggest waste of 4 minutes ever. Uncharted 2 is the first game I am going to finish on the PS3 (that isnt saying too much as I dont have tons of time to play) but I thought the game itself was great. great story, gameplay, graphics... only problem i have with it is the controls (i occaisionally jump off something by accident only to fall to my death). So this is the first and last time I will listen to ZP reviews...

this is the first time ive actually listened to this guys reviews and it may have been the biggest waste of 4 minutes ever. Uncharted 2 is the first game I am going to finish on the PS3 (that isnt saying too much as I dont have tons of time to play) but I thought the game itself was great. great story, gameplay, graphics... only problem i have with it is the controls (i occaisionally jump off something by accident only to fall to my death). So this is the first and last time I will listen to ZP reviews...

So basically what you're saying is... Since he disagrees with you about your opinion of this game being a pot of gold, that means ALL of his reviews are bad, completely inaccurate, and a waste of time? How sad.

Got all the treasures today...just need a few more for my platinum.

Also, I went onto multiplayer, and it said that they've taken away $40,000 and 1 level of mine, all because I quit a game before it had finished. I'm sorry, but that's hardly fair. It's like you quit for the fun of it, where I didn't; I quit because I had to come off it. ??

So basically what you're saying is... Since he disagrees with you about your opinion of this game being a pot of gold, that means ALL of his reviews are bad, completely inaccurate, and a waste of time? How sad.

lol... no. it means.. in MY opinion his review of Uncharted sucked and I dont think its worth my time to listen to anymore reviews in the future.. every other "reviewer" gave mostly glowing results so i dont think that I am in the minority of people who think this game is a "pot of gold"

Still nothing from the hut. can't take it anymore, I'm going to buy it in store now and demand my money back from the hut. 4 weeks of waiting is just too much :p

Still nothing from the hut. can't take it anymore, I'm going to buy it in store now and demand my money back from the hut. 4 weeks of waiting is just too much :p

4 weeks?! WTF?

ok, so finally at the end (i think) - just want to make sure..

I just saw Laverich drink the sap, i figured out that I need to shoot the resin when he is near so it explodes. Are there any other tricks to beating him... do I need to shoot him at all? As I run around I keep passing ammo and gernades so it makes me believe that maybe I should - or is that just so I can keep shooting the resin?

great game btw - loved playing through it and thought it was one of the most complete games ive played in a long time.

ok, so finally at the end (i think) - just want to make sure..

I just saw Laverich drink the sap, i figured out that I need to shoot the resin when he is near so it explodes. Are there any other tricks to beating him... do I need to shoot him at all? As I run around I keep passing ammo and gernades so it makes me believe that maybe I should - or is that just so I can keep shooting the resin?

great game btw - loved playing through it and thought it was one of the most complete games ive played in a long time.

You can shoot him and throw grenades but is easier to shoot the sap.

I finally got some spare dough and decided to order it, from ShopTop however, so won't be here until Wednesday.

"Sethos ordered a PS3 game?! WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!"

Awww we was all about to have a whipround for you and get it for Xmas :rofl:

The new map looks awesome, It and Fat Drake might tempt me away from MW2 and Bad Company 2 beta to play this again :)

Is that all it takes to drag you away from other games? wow :p

Fat Drake is unlockable in the single player already, nothing special and amazed people are thinking it's something new. I realise it is for MP but it's not 'new' new.