[Offical]Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Fat Drake is unlockable in the single player already, nothing special and amazed people are thinking it's something new. I realise it is for MP but it's not 'new' new.

However this little porky is new ;)

2009-11-25_14-46-46.jpg

Postman was here with my Uncharted 2 ... He left again with it -.-

Wasn't home to sign for it *sigh* Oh well, can go pick it up tomorrow or Monday, If I get the time.

Ouch! :(

Can't you go pick it up the same day or can you not get there? Friday collection etc?

No, they keep our packages and letters hostage for 24h before you can pick it up on the local post-office, if you don't collect within 5 or 7 days, they ship it back. I am quite busy this week, which is why it might not be until Monday :( Oh well, I got Assassin's Crack to keep my occupied :D

No, they keep our packages and letters hostage for 24h before you can pick it up on the local post-office, if you don't collect within 5 or 7 days, they ship it back. I am quite busy this week, which is why it might not be until Monday :( Oh well, I got Assassin's Crack to keep my occupied :D

Yeah similar situation here think they say 12 hours though.

What's Assassins Creed like? I've got the first but never really got into it, seemed too repetative. Is that sorted in the second? Might stick on the Xmas list. Games seems a bit sparse this festive period.

Finally got to play it a bit and it took a while to get going, had to hook up the PS3, reset the video settings, update the damn thing to even play the game, update the game and then I was ready - Took me 30 minutes and that's a lot when you set off 50 minutes or so to play the damn game :laugh:

As for the game, the graphics are might impressive - Definitely among the top 3 lookers this generation but man, core gameplay is annoying, especially after playing this much Assassin's Creed. I mean, animations look fantastic on their own but when applied to a few things in the game world they look weird and unnatural, plus, there seems to be this weird ... 'thing' about certain directions are closed off for a few seconds.

Like, I was in the museum, got to a ledge with a treasure up top. I jumped over to the ledge, in the "open" area, where you are supposed to climb up and I kept pressing up! Nothing happened. I do some crawls from side to side and still nothing, then I try jumping down and trying again - Boom, first try and he's up?! Had this happen a few times already and I barely got started.

Then I had to get up to a Junction Box near a gate ( Second alarm junction box ) and I was having some problems figuring out how to get up there. There was this extremely convenient jump to a roof placed nearby with no other purpose than being a jump to a random roof ( Hate when games do that ) and I couldn't get to it from there either, nowhere to grab any edges or make any small jumps. So I spent like 10 minutes, running around trying to crawl up some easy ledges and whatnot, AC2 style ( Playing that game really spoils any other game, Free running ftw! ) and I was about to give up, when I gave that oddly placed roof another try ... I make some completely random jump diagonally toward the junction box and he grabs a hold of a ledge which is completely impossible to grab a hold of at that angle and that was at the limit of his jump, so I suppose that was the edge I had to go to?

I just facepalmed hard, if it's that sort of game where route logic is out the window and random trial-and-error is the name of the game then count me out. Going back to AC2 and might re-visit the game next month :p

Finally got to play it a bit and it took a while to get going, had to hook up the PS3, reset the video settings, update the damn thing to even play the game, update the game and then I was ready - Took me 30 minutes and that's a lot when you set off 50 minutes or so to play the damn game :laugh:

As for the game, the graphics are might impressive - Definitely among the top 3 lookers this generation but man, core gameplay is annoying, especially after playing this much Assassin's Creed. I mean, animations look fantastic on their own but when applied to a few things in the game world they look weird and unnatural, plus, there seems to be this weird ... 'thing' about certain directions are closed off for a few seconds.

Like, I was in the museum, got to a ledge with a treasure up top. I jumped over to the ledge, in the "open" area, where you are supposed to climb up and I kept pressing up! Nothing happened. I do some crawls from side to side and still nothing, then I try jumping down and trying again - Boom, first try and he's up?! Had this happen a few times already and I barely got started.

Then I had to get up to a Junction Box near a gate ( Second alarm junction box ) and I was having some problems figuring out how to get up there. There was this extremely convenient jump to a roof placed nearby with no other purpose than being a jump to a random roof ( Hate when games do that ) and I couldn't get to it from there either, nowhere to grab any edges or make any small jumps. So I spent like 10 minutes, running around trying to crawl up some easy ledges and whatnot, AC2 style ( Playing that game really spoils any other game, Free running ftw! ) and I was about to give up, when I gave that oddly placed roof another try ... I make some completely random jump diagonally toward the junction box and he grabs a hold of a ledge which is completely impossible to grab a hold of at that angle and that was at the limit of his jump, so I suppose that was the edge I had to go to?

I just facepalmed hard, if it's that sort of game where route logic is out the window and random trial-and-error is the name of the game then count me out. Going back to AC2 and might re-visit the game next month :p

2nd junction box by the heavy gate? Just jump up and head to the right. No roof jumps involved at all, weird that you didn't spot it.

Lol, you're just supposed to climb up the gate directly in front of you.

LOL I tried that and he didn't grab on, so I guessed you couldn't do that ... That's just double-up on the fail.

Must be your stupid control pad! :p

I've sent the parents a link to buy me AC2 for Christmas so will look forward to that (Y)

The new update is out but it has crashed my PS3 twice in the last 30 minutes... anyone else having this problem?

Ive been playing for like 2 hours and no problems here.

Ive been playing for like 2 hours and no problems here.

I was having a few respawn issues also...

I respawned under a the tank in the village and in a wall on another level.

Seems to be working fine for the last hour or two though...

The new update is out but it has crashed my PS3 twice in the last 30 minutes... anyone else having this problem?

I was in the story today and, in the Monastery chapter, my PS3 randomly started beeping (one long beep then loads of others) and a scratch type noise came from the inside, and the disc stopped spinning, but it didn't tell me anything or shut off. After I got through the first gate it started getting laggy, but then the disc started again and then it was fine.

I don't know if it was the update because before whilst I was playing MW2 online my PS3 was making a fair bit of noise spinning the disc.

I was in the story today and, in the Monastery chapter, my PS3 randomly started beeping (one long beep then loads of others) and a scratch type noise came from the inside, and the disc stopped spinning, but it didn't tell me anything or shut off. After I got through the first gate it started getting laggy, but then the disc started again and then it was fine.

I don't know if it was the update because before whilst I was playing MW2 online my PS3 was making a fair bit of noise spinning the disc.

It's your PS3 trying to tell you to stop sending chain letters via PSN ;)

Haha lol, I actually made that up to try and annoy some people who kept on sending me crappy things.

I really don't want my PS3 to break; a few people at school have had their PS3's break and I don't want to be next, especially when I've not even had it a year yet (got it on December 27th!).

Definitely something wrong with this patch.

1) on village, whenever the tank is about I keep respawning under the tank and dying instantly.

2) players sometimes get stuck on the initial team screen (took about 5 minutes for our game to load).

3) my character sometimes freezes for about two seconds after shooting my weapon.

really annoying as the multiplayer was working great before the latest patch...

ive seen players freeze whilst doing a roll, naturally i run up behind them and use the "pump" taut, so it looks like im doing you know what! loool

lol... they normally just shoot me in the face when it happens to me. :p